You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Meety

Aigle for free?

40 comments in this topic

[57E]
Beta Testers
4 posts
1,401 battles

Under combat missions I noticed for the first time that there is a marathon where you can get the Aigle for free? Says I need to do 18 combat missions but I am not aware of any.

Does anyone else notice this?

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,943 battles
3 minutes ago, Meety said:

Under combat missions I noticed for the first time that there is a marathon where you can get the Aigle for free? Says I need to do 18 combat missions but I am not aware of any.

Yes over the corse of 60 days I believe your able to buy  agile or just earn it. Missions don't seem to hard however I love gunboats dd's and I'm just to impatient 

[ADAPT]
Members
805 posts
12,766 battles

free ship , wait and earn her, container also waste, not even premium ship, but tech tree ship..so be patiernt and earn everything while $0 spending..be smart,

[SSN]
Members
233 posts
10,552 battles

Note the "Aigle Marathon. Finale" ends 3/26.  There will be missions each week(weekend) up to that date.  the first two are currently in the combat missions tab. "Aigle marathon. Weekend part 1 and 2".

[57E]
Beta Testers
4 posts
1,401 battles
3 minutes ago, Lancer240 said:

Note the "Aigle Marathon. Finale" ends 3/26.  There will be missions each week(weekend) up to that date.  the first two are currently in the combat missions tab. "Aigle marathon. Weekend part 1 and 2".

Oh I see now. For some reason I thought I was just living under a rock or something cause I saw that Part 1 and Part 2 were expiring on the 12th. I assumed that this was going to be like the Duke of York campaign, guess I was wrong.

[WPP]
Members
452 posts
5,089 battles
13 minutes ago, Lancer240 said:

Unless my math is off, that means you have to do 2 each week... miss even 1 and you don't get it.  Yeah?

[DD214]
Members
757 posts
13 minutes ago, galspanic said:

Unless my math is off, that means you have to do 2 each week... miss even 1 and you don't get it.  Yeah?

Read the requirements. There are 25 missions and you only have to complete 18 of them. As soon as you do the ships and her skipper will appear in port.  Since it's a free premium, I'm happy they gave us the chance and we don't have to choose between that and working on the BBs. I've already bagged the first two missions.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,743 posts
3,925 battles
1 hour ago, Seamus_44 said:

I've already bagged the first two missions.

Consecutive, or concurrent?

[DD214]
Members
757 posts

The website lists the day each of the missions go hot. The first two were yesterday and you could run them, both at the same time. Looks like the first day you can reach 18 is 9 March. It appears that we will usually have two days for each mission. 

[EREKT]
Members
752 posts
5,761 battles

Aigle is too fun to wait a month and a half to play... I just bought the 23$ version.  It has a 25 iteration mission that gives you 200% XP each time you play!! Yay I'll have Nelson this weekend probably.

[EREKT]
Members
752 posts
5,761 battles

lol 2200 base xp, feels OP. maybe I just got lucky this round, but the speed combined with the gun power feels nice. the torps reload fairly quicky as well, you can end up infront of ships fairly easily so your torps become more useful.

shot-18.02.09_21.21.02-0681.jpg

20180209_205754_PFSD506-Aigle_46_Estuary.wowsreplay

Edited by HorrorRoach

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
19 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Consecutive, or concurrent?

You can work on both at the same time...the first two that is  

I don't think I can complete 18 of those...I count about 15 doable ones for my level of skill at this point. Lol

Edited by BullpupWOT

[ARGSY]
Members
5,743 posts
3,925 battles
16 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

Aigle is too fun to wait a month and a half to play... I just bought the 23$ version.  It has a 25 iteration mission that gives you 200% XP each time you play!! Yay I'll have Nelson this weekend probably.

Impatient, aren't we! :Smile_teethhappy:

I've seen your gameplay online; you're good enough to win her without breaking a sweat, and you'd have a whole bunch of flags and camo into the bargain. Oh well, good to see you're enjoying your new purchase.

I'm going to miss out because of travel, but as compensation I got tossed the Bretagne quest with the very first French crate drop, which from my perspective is almost as good.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,743 posts
3,925 battles
1 minute ago, BullpupWOT said:

You can work on both at the same time...the first two that is  

I don't think I can complete 18 of those...I count about 15 doable ones for my level of skill at this point. Lol

I found that out last night, as soon as I logged in and started my usual 2000XP-a-night grind (before I go off and have fun in small boats). Playing strongly and accomplishing much turn out to be things which let you progress nicely in both the Aigle and the battleship-unlocking missions, but for the Aigle one needs to pick one's ships appropriately for the task at hand.

Aigle's missions are characterised by how many they are and how long the campaign goes on, but there are only a few in there which I regard as truly beyond me. In the meantime, for those who don't quite make it there are lots of flags and camo to be won, so give it a shot and you might be surprised at what happens; you certainly won't finish unrewarded.

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I found that out last night, as soon as I logged in and started my usual 2000XP-a-night grind (before I go off and have fun in small boats). Playing strongly and accomplishing much turn out to be things which let you progress nicely in both the Aigle and the battleship-unlocking missions, but for the Aigle one needs to pick one's ships appropriately for the task at hand.

Aigle's missions are characterised by how many they are and how long the campaign goes on, but there are only a few in there which I regard as truly beyond me. In the meantime, for those who don't quite make it there are lots of flags and camo to be won, so give it a shot and you might be surprised at what happens; you certainly won't finish unrewarded.

Some of those single game base XP and damage totals are beyond my tier 5 level/ability. I could jump in one of the tier 6-8 premiums I got for my later progression, but the chances I'm doing X torp hits and damage in the Harekaze at this point are slim to none. I'm probably not going to hamper a team with my presence 

[PVE]
Members
5,310 posts
17,764 battles
1 hour ago, BullpupWOT said:

Some of those single game base XP and damage totals are beyond my tier 5 level/ability. I could jump in one of the tier 6-8 premiums I got for my later progression, but the chances I'm doing X torp hits and damage in the Harekaze at this point are slim to none. I'm probably not going to hamper a team with my presence 

I am a potato player and I am about halfway done on the released missions so far Bull. I haven't looked at all the missions coming down the road but if you want the ship, just keep grinding at it. I hate PvP and PvP play with a passion yet I go into the battles and just work on it. Sometimes I have epic fails, sometimes I end up at the top of the team list (usually on a loss) but I keep at it. I would advise not to worry about hampering your team. Just play for the ship if you want it. It will be a long slog, just focus on what you need to do and keep at it. If you have some premium ships, just play with them and get a good feel for them. In PvP you earn as much xp on a full potato loss as you do on a good win in PvE so you can "fail" your way there if need be. Once you get the hang of your premiums, and do better, mount some xp flags to help, don't burn thru them until you can fight your boat decently. Good luck to you! 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,743 posts
3,925 battles
1 hour ago, BullpupWOT said:

This is why they're only asking you to complete 18 out of the 26. I thought the Vampire was an almost impossible climb (20 kills, 5 wins, 25K XP, 750,000 K damage across any number of battles), but the feeling of relief and accomplishment when I got her in the end was awesome. You certainly have nothing to lose, and you will gain heaps in experience (of the real world kind, not just the points). The key is to alternate from ship to ship as you are sunk, focus on the end goal, and don't let the sinkings or the bad games get you down. It's all mileage at the helm that will benefit you in the long run.

[PROJX]
Members
967 posts
15,455 battles
On 2/9/2018 at 8:26 AM, Meety said:

The Aigle Missions show up in your "Combat Missions" list - there is an umbrella Progress Task called "Aigle Marathon Finale" which shows how many of the 18 missions you have completed.  The missions themselves appear every 2 days or so (2 missions per weekend) and appear in the same section listed as "Aigle Mission pt. #" where # is numbered from 1-26.  The 1st 2 missions became available on Friday 2/9.

The nice thing about these missions is - tho there are quite a few to get the Aigle, the difficulty for each mission falls closer to the Aft-vent tasks during the holidays rather than the DoY mission tasks (some of which were pretty grindy).

Edited by hangglide42

[ARGSY]
Members
5,743 posts
3,925 battles
12 minutes ago, hangglide42 said:

The nice thing about these missions is - tho there are quite a few to get the Aigle, the difficulty for each mission falls closer to the Aft-vent tasks during the holidays rather than the DoY mission tasks (some of which were pretty grindy).

+1. The structure is more like it too. One could argue the merits of a serial multi-stage time-gated event like this vs. a multiple-parallel event like DoY, packed into a shorter time but with no close-out date on the tasks, but what we've got is pretty good and the tasks are generally not the sort of "be the first to spot X ships of Y nation" horsetwaddle that encourages disproportionately bad or reckless gameplay. Carrier drivers must be gnashing their teeth at being locked out of the torpedo-specific missions, but OTOH this IS a quest to win a destroyer, and it's not surprising that the tasks are biased towards surface ships.

[WPP]
Members
452 posts
5,089 battles
On 2/9/2018 at 8:36 AM, bandits86 said:

free ship , wait and earn her, container also waste, not even premium ship, but tech tree ship..so be patiernt and earn everything while $0 spending..be smart,

Or go to work, work a little extra, buy ship, play ship now.. get 2 missions now, have fun.

what I found ruins games for me is the pressure to log in every day.  I’m going to be out of the country for 10 days next month and there will probably be another 10 days where I’m busy.  It’s not a matter of smart or not - it’s basic human economics.

• Cool 2