You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

32 comments in this topic

[SOUS]
Members
14 posts
3,983 battles

Evening.

Why doesn't the game reward players for their individual performance instead of "Losers & Winners"?

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles

It does. You get a base amount based on how well you do. The winning team gets a 50% bonus on top of that, but 50% on top of nothing is still nothing. If you want to get a lot of XP, do well and win.

[SOUS]
Members
14 posts
3,983 battles
13 minutes ago, Lert said:

It does. You get a base amount based on how well you do. The winning team gets a 50% bonus on top of that, but 50% on top of nothing is still nothing. If you want to get a lot of XP, do well and win.

I fail to see the fairness in that still. If the team "which the player had no hand in choosing" wasn't very skilled, ie they perished early, but a player on the losing side got 6-7 kills and ended up being overwhelmed and lost the battle, why does he get the same exp as an average player on the winning side? 

Edited by CrownVic808

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles
1 minute ago, CrownVic808 said:

I fail to see the fairness in that still.

That sounds like a you problem tbh.

2 minutes ago, CrownVic808 said:

If the team "which the player had no hand in choosing" wasn't very skilled, ie they perished early, but a player got 6-7 kills and ended up being overwhelmed and lost the battle, why does he get the same exp as an average player on the winning side? 

To encourage team play and discourage solo yoloing. The more you are a team player the more you help your team win.

• Cool 3

[SOUS]
Members
14 posts
3,983 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

That sounds like a you problem tbh.

To encourage team play and discourage solo yoloing. The more you are a team player the more you help your team win.

Doubt it's a me problem, as it still seems unfair if I was on either sides. 

Can't a player be a good individual performer and team player at the same time? What makes both traits mutually exclusive?  

Edited by CrownVic808

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,477 battles
1 minute ago, CrownVic808 said:

Doubt it's a me problem, as it still seems unfair if I was on either sides. 

Can't a player be a good individual performer and team player at the same time? What makes both traits mutually exclusive?  

It's a team game.  Deal with it. 

• Cool 1

[TDD]
Members
883 posts
7,906 battles

Because it is a team game.

you get awards individually,  then the WINNING TEAM gets a bonus added on.

pretty simple and fair.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,477 battles
Just now, CrownVic808 said:

Seriously? That's your answer? 

Yep.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles

Its easy to be a 'good' solo player and not help the team at all. You can sit there and farm damage off of battleships that aren't a direct threat while your base is being capped by a lone DD. Damage is easy as hell to farm and inflate, without actually being a team player. Helping the team win is something else entirely.

This is not a solo hero game. Stop treating it as such.

Even then, even if you continue to think it's unfair, it's the way the company has decided to do it and it's not going to change. Ever.

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,477 battles

And if you really can't deal with team play and losing, there is a solution.  It's called 'co-op'.  Lots of players prefer it - more laid back, considerably less angry players yelling at you in chat.  Operations are also a great option for much the same reason, and the rewards in Operations aren't bad.  Not quite what they are in Random play, but better than straight co-op.

[SOUS]
Members
14 posts
3,983 battles
5 minutes ago, Lert said:

Its easy to be a 'good' solo player and not help the team at all. You can sit there and farm damage off of battleships that aren't a direct threat while your base is being capped by a lone DD. Damage is easy as hell to farm and inflate, without actually being a team player. Helping the team win is something else entirely.

This is not a solo hero game. Stop treating it as such.

Even then, even if you continue to think it's unfair, it's the way the company has decided to do it and it's not going to change. Ever.

Thank you for the concise answer. The last statement pretty much settles it. 

2 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

And if you really can't deal with team play and losing, there is a solution.  It's called 'co-op'.  Lots of players prefer it - more laid back, considerably less angry players yelling at you in chat.  Operations are also a great option for much the same reason, and the rewards in Operations aren't bad.  Not quite what they are in Random play, but better than straight co-op.

Still circling around the whole point without going through it. Appreciate the mature answer still. 

• Bad 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles
9 minutes ago, CrownVic808 said:

Thank you for the concise answer. The last statement pretty much settles it.

It's the way they've been doing it for close to 9 years now. One of the core concepts of the World of games. Is it fair? Eh, one can argue it isn't and not be wrong.

Deep down it's a cultural thing. Individual heroism is very much an aspect of American culture, and WG isn't an American company. They're from Belarus, where the concept of individual heroism takes a back seat to the group over the individual.

Personally I can see both sides of the coin, being from western europe myself, where both cultural influences can be seen.

• Cool 2

[SOUS]
Members
14 posts
3,983 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

It's the way they've been doing it for close to 9 years now. One of the core concepts of the World of games. Is it fair? Eh, one can argue it isn't. Deep down it's a cultural thing. Individual heroism is very much an aspect of American culture, and WG isn't an American company. They're from Belarus, where the concept of individual heroism takes a back seat to the group over the invididual.

Personally I can see both sides of the coin, being from western europe myself, where both cultural influences can be seen.

I reiterate. Player X is playing one of the classes of ships to its maximum potential, ie giving his teammates the best situational advantage all while doing consistent good damage to the opposing team. Player X's team isn't very skilled and/or the RNG wasn't paying them any favors. Player X lost the battle despite good individual and collective performance. Why does Player X get rewarded on par with Player Y on the enemy team which had a mediocre game? 

• Bad 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles

I reiterate.

I reiterate.

Play better and you win more.

It's a you problem because it's not going to change. Ever. It's a you problem because you have the choice to either accept it or stop playing. We've explained it to you, and you chose to not accept the answers. That, again, is a you problem.

• Cool 1

[SOUS]
Members
14 posts
3,983 battles

Despite how futile and vain it sounds, your statement rings very true, dear Lert. 
"it's the way the company has decided to do it and it's not going to change." 

[SOUS]
Members
14 posts
3,983 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

I reiterate.

Play better and you win more.

It's a you problem because it's not going to change. Ever. It's a you problem because you have the choice to either accept it or stop playing. We've explained it to you, and you chose to not accept the answers. That, again, is a you problem.

My issue is not with winning. It's fairness. 

• Bad 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles

My issue is not with winning. It's fairness. 

Life isn't fair. Get over yourself.

You want to stick by your guns and show them just how much you disagree with them and find their concepts unacceptable? Stop playing their game. Or accept that it is the way it is.

[SOUS]
Members
14 posts
3,983 battles
Just now, Lert said:

Life isn't fair. Get over yourself.

I know that. Still doesn't make this fair, nor the parallel is exactly applicable to a video game I vent off the unfairness of said unfair life in. 
Kindly, keep the ad hominem to minimum. 

[POP]
Beta Testers
289 posts
10,458 battles

You do realize that even if you are on the losing team, if you do very well, you get the medals, which give you flags/pennets that give you an edge in a later match, more credits/experience for the losing effort. Exp. is a very useful thing.Look at those as the extra reward you want for doing well on a losing team.Fairness is a human concept. Strive to better the hive mind.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,477 battles
17 minutes ago, CrownVic808 said:

I know that. Still doesn't make this fair, nor the parallel is exactly applicable to a video game I vent off the unfairness of said unfair life in. 
Kindly, keep the ad hominem to minimum. 

I'll give you this much, you've hidden your true purpose better and longer than most trolls.  So in that sense, you are to be congratulated.

I guess.

[SOUS]
Members
14 posts
3,983 battles
8 minutes ago, Alien_Observer said:

You do realize that even if you are on the losing team, if you do very well, you get the medals, which give you flags/pennets that give you an edge in a later match, more credits/experience for the losing effort. Exp. is a very useful thing.Look at those as the extra reward you want for doing well on a losing team.Fairness is a human concept. Strive to better the hive mind.

Thank you for the response. Yes, sir. I know that. But EXP is kind of important when you are trying to grind a line, and all the stress you get through in a game not to be fairly compensated does really leave a bitter taste in one's mouth. 

[SOUS]
Members
14 posts
3,983 battles
4 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

I'll give you this much, you've hidden your true purpose better and longer than most trolls.  So in that sense, you are to be congratulated.

I guess.

He doesn't agree with me, therefor he is a troll. 
Solid conclusion. 

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,477 battles

He doesn't agree with me, therefor he is a troll. 
Solid conclusion. 

Nope, but you sure aren't here to actually debate or listen.  Regardless, this is no longer a discussion, so enjoy yourself.

[SOUS]
Members
14 posts
3,983 battles
1 minute ago, kerensky914 said:

Nope, but you sure aren't here to actually debate or listen.  Regardless, this is no longer a discussion, so enjoy yourself.

I'd debate and listen if there was something to debate and listen to. Mr. It's-a-team-game.Deal-with-it.
Have a wonderful evening.