You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
zuga_01

Name the horror movie that scared the living crapout of you?

38 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
18,898 posts
12,421 battles

The movie that scared me the most wasn't a horror movie. It was an espionage thriller. Ice Station Zebra. I spent a few nights unable to sleep for fear the russians were coming.

Ofcourse, I was only like 6 at the time ...

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles

:cap_haloween:My first marriage:cap_haloween:

But really The Exorcist 1973 - scared the crap out of me

[-K-]
Members
5,038 posts
8,925 battles
Just now, Chaos_EN2 said:

:cap_haloween:My first marriage:cap_haloween:

But really The Exorcist 1973 - scared the crap out of me

Agreed on The Exorcist.  Even to this day, if I were to watch that movie with the lights out and a thunderstorm outside, I'd get the willies a bit.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

Agreed on The Exorcist.  Even to this day, if I were to watch that movie with the lights out and a thunderstorm outside, I'd get the willies a bit.

Yeah, some friends and I watched at a drive in the 1st time, yup I just dated myself.:cap_haloween:

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Nightmare on Elm Street when I was a kid. The whole issue was everything went down when you slept.

It's prolly the reasons I'm a night owl. :Smile_teethhappy:

There are some really scary VR games out now. I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.

Edited by Wulfgarn

[HYDRO]
Members
1,275 posts
3,653 battles

Alien for sure. I was 8-9, getting ready to go to school in the morning, and for some godforsaken reason a channel had Alien, and more specifically  the scene when it sneaks up in Ripley's shuttle and you get a good look at it...:Smile_child:

Members
286 posts
3,308 battles

Final Destination

Ok, I know this ain't horror, but jeez.

Like everyone else, I was young when I watched this. Years later I still can't get some scenes out of my head.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
13 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Phantasm.

The name reminds me of an old FMV game call Phantasmagoria (sp?).

• Cool 1

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

The original Carrie. I was about like... 5? My dad grabbed my leg and yelled at the final jump scare. I almost crapped all over the couch. 

My folks are pretty much why nothing startles me anymore. God bless them. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,898 posts
12,421 battles
6 minutes ago, vonKaiser said:

r8tjOV5.jpg

Ah, the WH40k Prequel.

[MEIST]
Members
759 posts
2,917 battles
1 hour ago, nuttybiscuit said:

Jaws/ 

That got me too. I was a little kid and saw it at the drive-in with my parents. I didn't realize how much it affected me till years later. When I was in a swimming pool at night and was looking for sharks. I could sense Jaws behind me. :Smile_Default:

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,275 battles

Fiend Without a Face....old 50s horror about things that suck out your brain....couldn't sleep for weeks as a kid after seeing it

Film_92w_FiendWithoutFaceB_original.jpg

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

Ah, the WH40k Prequel.

Yeesh there's a rabbit hole I didn't know about, passed some time reading though lol

[HINON]
Supertester
18,898 posts
12,421 battles
1 minute ago, vonKaiser said:

Yeesh there's a rabbit hole I didn't know about

It wasn't intentional but it fits so well. A ship trying to go through the warp without gellar field, the corruption of chaos, daemonhosts running amok, spikes everywhere ...

[MIA-I]
[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,712 posts
4,689 battles
Just now, Lert said:

It wasn't intentional but it fits so well. A ship trying to go through the warp without gellar field, the corruption of chaos, daemonhosts running amok, spikes everywhere ...

Yeah, it was entertaining to read, and after the evidence it makes sense.  To be fair though I know nothing about the Warhammer universe so can't say yay or nay, just have to base it off of what the articles and reddits said with regards to it. 

[PSP]
Members
6,037 posts
8,580 battles

It wasn't a movie but The Wolfen had me looking under cars to see if something was lurking under them. 

[WOLF3]
Members
5,866 posts
2,191 battles

I don't watch "horror" movies.  The Exorcist, though, is a lot more than a horror movie.  I was in college when it came out, and we loved to don Illuminati-style robes and scare the bejesus out of the customers just by walking up to the balcony.  If you haven't seen it, seek out the recent director's cut.  It's even better than the original.

As for a truly disturbing movie, The Rapture.

[CAST]
Members
1,393 posts
5,788 battles

Independence Day.

Hear me out...I was stationed out in the Mojave at the time, and I didn't get around to watching it until the video tape got to the on-post rental.  So I pop it into the machine in my barracks, start watching, and get to the point where the aliens attack.  Precisely at the point where Air Force One is racing the fireball down the runway and those nose gear starts to lift, all the power went out on the entire base. :Smile_ohmy:

18 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

As for a truly disturbing movie, The Rapture.

yellowbrickroad.jpg

(lousy ending, but very disturbing flick that'll stick with you for a good while after watching)

Edited by Harv72b