You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
enderland07

Are the french containers worth it?

61 comments in this topic

[MIA-A]
Members
1,963 posts
6,549 battles

It looks like you can buy a 50 pack for $90 of these:

You can also head to the Premium Shop and grab a Premium Container with the following:

• 5x "Revolutionary" camo
  • 10x "Dragon" fcc4ca5c-3733-11e7-8393-d89d6715223c.png, "Wyvern" 0b8a573a-2c32-11e7-8ceb-d89d6715223c.png, "Red Dragon" 0b8ac404-2c32-11e7-aa08-d89d6715223c.png, "Ouroboros" 0b8a195a-2c32-11e7-aa16-d89d6715223c.png, or "Hydra"0b891afa-2c32-11e7-9a6d-d89d6715223c.png flags; or 500
  • A "Vive la France!" Collection Item
  • A chance of an early French battleship unlock mission!

I'm wondering if it's worth it - if you buy 50, you'll end up with 250 of the camo and up to 500 of the special flags (or 500 doubloons instead of each 10x). That seems ok, though I'm not sure what I value the special flags at.

Anyone have any purchases they want to log here to get a better feel for the breakdown? Also the camo seems pretty meh.

Edited by enderland07

[5BS]
Members
4,477 posts

Doesn't seem to be. Some guys are dropping hundreds of dollars and getting at best, 2 of the missions.

[MIA-A]
Members
1,963 posts
6,549 battles
1 minute ago, _RC1138 said:

Doesn't seem to be. Some guys are dropping hundreds of dollars and getting at best, 2 of the missions.

I'm not even sure I care about that.

I'm getting addicted to those special flags :| though if you got 500 of them, you'd be paying 18 cents/each one... that seems pricey.

[MIA-A]
Members
1,963 posts
6,549 battles
2 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Only if you want the flags and camo.

I think if the camo was less "meh" I'd be more interested too.

I have a lot of +100xp camos already and this one is just worse unless you desperately need credits since it's only 75% xp (but +30% credits).

I guess it'd be good to have a bunch for my Missouri or tier VIII premiums? But that seems a bit silly..

Edited by enderland07

[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Members
418 posts
1,822 battles

I got 10.000 doubloons, 300 assorted special flags, 260 revolutionary camos, 400.000 credits from duplicates and a mission to get the Bretagne (yes, they do not auto-drop from paid boxes like candy). Total doubloon value of it all: 40.000, was worth it to me.

[EREKT]
Members
752 posts
5,761 battles

well, its probably better then the yamamoto crates...yes you get 12, but half of them are wyverns. these french containers, i bet the specials are more random...for grinding you need an equal number of each.

[-K-]
Members
5,061 posts
8,938 battles

Only if you don't have the patience to earn them for free.

[PVE]
Members
8,834 posts
7,257 battles
4 minutes ago, Krautjaeger said:

I got 10.000 doubloons, 300 assorted special flags, 260 revolutionary camos, 400.000 credits from duplicates and a mission to get the Bretagne (yes, they do not auto-drop from paid boxes like candy). Total doubloon value of it all: 40.000, was worth it to me.

I got a similar amount from the 50 box package, but I got Bretagne and Normandie missions. I wanted the ~9 to 10k doubloons and especially the dragon flags. I got 200 or so Dragon flags and since I want to get my first 19pt captain this year, I can really use them when I'm working on the Yamamoto and Shinonome campaigns. And Honore will go in what ever BB I get that is the highest.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,912 posts
12,446 battles

Personally I'd only get them to ensure I can complete the collection, nothing more.

[5BS]
Members
4,477 posts
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Personally I'd only get them to ensure I can complete the collection, nothing more.

Pretty much this, and I'd wait till you finish the second set of free 10 crate missions to do so. The Captain is worth it, but, given what appears to be the drop rate, the ships are not.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,912 posts
12,446 battles
12 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

given what appears to be the drop rate, the ships are not.

Depends how valuable your time is. The ship missions do offer a chance at a free skip of the tech tree up to tier 8.

<Edit> Speaking of, this is just part one of a multi-stage event. Stage two will drop more containers.

[-K-]
Members
5,061 posts
8,938 battles
18 minutes ago, Lert said:

Agreed.  I bought 5 just to get a start on the collection.  Not of any realistic hope of actually unlocking any missions.

[5BS]
Members
4,477 posts
14 minutes ago, Lert said:

Depends how valuable your time is. The ship missions do offer a chance at a free skip of the tech tree up to tier 8.

<Edit> Speaking of, this is just part one of a multi-stage event. Stage two will drop more containers.

Actually I would argue it's how valuable your money is; as economically IDK that it wouldn't be cheaper to just buy the free XP to skip to the T8 instead of buying 100's of dollars worth of crates... oh wait *I DO* know; it costs, in a straight line, no deviations, only about $88 to go from Tier 1 to tier 8-stock. So if you buy more than $88 worth of crates, with the sole reason to unlock the Tier 8 Rich, you have already spent as much as it costs to 'buy' it outright.

*assuming you have the collected ship XP to convert.

Members
457 posts
12,117 battles

I picked up 10 and got the Tier 5 and 7 missions. Also a bunch of doubloons, flags and camo (which I don't really need). The flags are the nice ones - Ouroboros, Wyvern, etc.

The missions are a real gamble and seem to be completely random. The crates do have decent items aside from the missions, but money-wise I'm not entirely sure what their worth is.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,828 battles
45 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Someone in another post said he bought 80 crates or boxes or whatever the heck they are and he got ... a tier 3 battleship you can grind out in a week or two. I'm certainly impressed, LOL!

[ARGSY]
Members
5,743 posts
3,925 battles
46 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Some guys are dropping hundreds of dollars and getting at best, 2 of the missions.

:Smile_facepalm:

Just my two hundredths of a dollar's worth.

Members
457 posts
12,117 battles

If you're really after the BB missions only it likely isn't worthwhile. If you're spending $100+ you could likely just convert enough free XP to get a good way up the line when it's out.

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,222 posts

They beta'd this drop method over on WoWP so the drop for the missions will be quite rare.  Out of 20 boxes I got 2 missions - the Bretagne and the Lyon and about 15 (8 dupes) of the collection pieces.  Good boost but only useful if you aren't going to do both sets of container missions.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,912 posts
12,446 battles
19 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Actually I would argue it's how valuable your money is; as economically IDK that it wouldn't be cheaper to just buy the free XP to skip to the T8 instead of buying 100's of dollars worth of crates... oh wait *I DO* know; it costs, in a straight line, no deviations, only about $88 to go from Tier 1 to tier 8-stock. So if you buy more than $88 worth of crates, with the sole reason to unlock the Tier 8 Rich, you have already spent as much as it costs to 'buy' it outright.

*assuming you have the collected ship XP to convert.

That is a good point. Unless ofcourse you don't have the XP to convert or are saving it for something else, you have a very valid point.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,303 battles

It's also unclear whether the present mission chain is the only opportunity to earn French collection containers for free, or whether 0.7.2, when the ships are supposed to arrive for real, will bring something additional.  I could end up buying containers, but I'm not in any hurry.

[MIA-A]
Members
1,963 posts
6,549 battles
10 minutes ago, Lert said:

That is a good point. Unless ofcourse you don't have the XP to convert or are saving it for something else, you have a very valid point.

I don't think I want to know how broke I could go converting all the XP on my ships... sometimes it's better not to know :D

[HINON]
Supertester
18,912 posts
12,446 battles
2 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

sometimes it's better not to know :D

And some times it's fun to see.

I've got 17 million unconverted XP. That's a $3000 value there.

[MIA-A]
Members
1,963 posts
6,549 battles
Just now, Lert said:

And some times it's fun to see.

I've got 17 million unconverted XP. That's a $3000 value there.

I don't think I have that much.

But I do know I have about 2M on just the Atlanta. Plus... well a large number of premiums and tier Xs...

[WOLF6]
Members
661 posts
3,561 battles

I went ahead a got the 50 container package for $90 mainly for the special flags and the missions.

The drop rate of the missions is really low - They dropped on container 3 (Tier 5 Bretagne) and container 15 (Tier 7 Lyon).

Otherwise for $90, I got:

• 500 oil
  • 260 total - 250 Revolutionary Camo  + 10 Revolutionary Camo (sub collection completion reward)
  • 10 Valentine's Day Camo (sub collection completion reward)
  • 10 La Fheile Padraig Camo (sub collection completion reward)
  • 80 Wyvern
  • 90 Dragon
  • 60 Red Dragon
  • 50 Ouroburos
  • 40 Hydra
  • 9000 Gold
  • 480000 Credits for 32 duplicates
  • Bretagne BB Mission
  • Lyon BB Mission
  • 10 point special French commander (collection completion reward)

So just in Camo ($54.79  200+50 camo) and Gold (9000gold = $40) / Credits (480,000 credits = $0.12)  alone, I got the $90 worth.   

Just 2 BB missions shy of expectations.

Edited by wtfovr
Tier not Level
  • Cool 1