You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rekkoff

Gamble to maybe play standard French BB's early.

68 comments in this topic

[115TH]
Beta Testers
256 posts

So yeah, gamble and you might get a .00001% chance at playing these ships early. I dont know what I was expecting from a Russian company really... 

[-K-]
Members
5,044 posts
8,928 battles

Let me guess......you bought some French containers and didn't get the unlock missions you were looking for?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[HYDRO]
Members
1,305 posts
3,661 battles
7 minutes ago, Rekkoff said:

So yeah, gamble and you might get a .00001% chance at playing these ships early. I dont know what I was expecting from any Russian company really... 

Members
606 posts
5,419 battles
26 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Let me guess......you bought some French containers and didn't get the unlock missions you were looking for?

yeah, all 80 of them, and got bretagne :-D

[5BS]
Members
4,465 posts
5 minutes ago, nothere01 said:

yeah, all 80 of them, and got bretagne :-D

You bought 80 of them? Dude... wth?

Members
606 posts
5,419 battles
2 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

there is  a guy on EU that bought 300 and got T5 and 6 ships :-D

[-K-]
Members
5,044 posts
8,928 battles
3 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Exactly.  I'll just roll the dice and see if I can earn them for free.

I plan on grinding up the line anyway to get a good feel for each ship (and how to play against them).

[5BS]
Members
4,465 posts
1 minute ago, nothere01 said:

there is  a guy on EU that bought 300 and got T5 and 6 ships :-D

There are guys that blow their brains out too, I wouldn't recommend just jumping along too.

Seriously, for the price of 80 of those... there is basically nothing you couldn't better spend your money on. I mean the Santa Crates I get, you can get a T8 and tons of other stuff out of them, but these, in the best case, grant you a free T8 that you can get... FOR FREE ANYWAY. And to do so *immediately* and not wait to hear what others say is the drop rate for the missions... well that's just plain gullibility.

• Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
1,305 posts
3,661 battles

Thats the thing with lootboxes in general. You can get the superwowroflmao drops, but the droprate could be atrocious. Afaik only Path of Exile made public its dropchances.

[MIA-A]
Members
1,946 posts
6,549 battles

Who cares?

I don't know why people get mad at WG for offering an early access option that is paid. 

If you want to guarantee the ships buy doubloons and convert to free xp so you can just skip the line.

• Cool 1

[5BS]
Members
4,465 posts
4 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Who cares?

I don't know why people get mad at WG for offering an early access option that is paid. 

If you want to guarantee the ships buy doubloons and convert to free xp so you can just skip the line.

I'm not mad at WGing, I'm mad at the people being stupid consumers... if I had a nickle for every time I said, "Stupid consumers" I could retire 10 years ago.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,305 posts
3,661 battles
10 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

I'm not mad at WGing, I'm mad at the people being stupid consumers... if I had a nickle for every time I said, "Stupid consumers" I could retire 10 years ago.

But is it really stupid?  I think its more of an addiction bordering with gambling; Publishers know that  aside from "whales and dolphins" that dump alot of money into games, there are also people who just need a little nudge to give money for basically playing slots in order to win goodies. Add to that the coverage of various "influencers", be they streamers, be they Youtubers and you got a hypetrain that keeps on forking over money. A quick look at CS:GO, and its lootbox and skin economy will be more than enlightening.

[5BS]
Members
4,465 posts
8 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

But is it really stupid?  I think its more of an addiction bordering with gambling; Publishers know that  aside from "whales and dolphins" that dump alot of money into games, there are also people who just need a little nudge to give money for basically playing slots in order to win goodies. Add to that the coverage of various "influencers", be they streamers, be they Youtubers and you got a hypetrain that keeps on forking over money. A quick look at CS:GO, and its lootbox and skin economy will be more than enlightening.

To quote Forrest Gump, "Stupid is as stupid does." Yes, I feel bad for those with gambling problems being taken advantage of, and it IS [edited] up that Companies are actively trying to abuse them HOWEVER, you still have to plug your credit card in, and you DO own part of the blame. The same way a Drunk driver having an accident that kills someone, it IS still an accident. There is no malice. BUT we still hold them responsible for their actions. It's not black and white: the Company's own some culpability, as do the gamblers themselves.

• Cool 1

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,937 battles
41 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

To quote Forrest Gump, "Stupid is as stupid does." Yes, I feel bad for those with gambling problems being taken advantage of, and it IS [edited] up that Companies are actively trying to abuse them HOWEVER, you still have to plug your credit card in, and you DO own part of the blame. The same way a Drunk driver having an accident that kills someone, it IS still an accident. There is no malice. BUT we still hold them responsible for their actions. It's not black and white: the Company's own some culpability, as do the gamblers themselves.

True. Very true. Thou I am an idiot I'm not that much of an idiot to fall for this... O.o agile released thou time to buy ultimate along with 25,000 doubloons for commander changes for clan battles... I guess they just suck the money out of me anyways :/ after today I will hit the 2,250$ mark spent on the game. 

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
53 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

The same way a Drunk driver having an accident that kills someone,There is no malice.

Thats just silly talk they use the car same as a gun and kill somebody deliberate its murder.

[DPG]
Members
816 posts
4,199 battles
1 hour ago, _RC1138 said:

To quote Forrest Gump, "Stupid is as stupid does." 

Technically you are quoting his mother. ;)

Alpha Tester
3,476 posts
1,521 battles

Whelp glad I read this.  I was going to pick up a few of the containers figuring that the drop rate for the mission would be pretty high, at least as high as as the premium ship drop rate with the Santa Crates which for me was 1 in 5 crates.   I figured I would pick up maybe 5-10 of them because I could use the flags and that should be enough to at least get one mission.  Finding out that you bought 80 and only got 1 mission and the lowest one to boot makes me realize that is probably isn't worth it.

Members
9,862 posts
1 minute ago, Midnitewolf said:

Whelp glad I read this.  I was going to pick up a few of the containers figuring that the drop rate for the mission would be pretty high, at least as high as as the premium ship drop rate with the Santa Crates which for me was 1 in 5 crates.   I figured I would pick up maybe 5-10 of them because I could use the flags and that should be enough to at least get one mission.  Finding out that you bought 80 and only got 1 mission and the lowest one to boot makes me realize that is probably isn't worth it.

Or course it's not worth it, but WG does seem to attract all day suckers. :Smile_teethhappy:

Salute him for being foolish enough to waste that kind of money on a game, and feel bad for his wife....:Smile_Default:

[SF-3]
[SF-3]
Beta Testers
226 posts
12,852 battles
34 minutes ago, RiverTheIdiot said:

True. Very true. Thou I am an idiot I'm not that much of an idiot to fall for this... O.o agile released thou time to buy ultimate along with 25,000 doubloons for commander changes for clan battles... I guess they just suck the money out of me anyways :/ after today I will hit the 2,250$ mark spent on the game. 

i think u can respec capts for free once clan battles start and repec them when it ends. i could be wrong. 

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,937 battles
2 minutes ago, WaWingsFan_15 said:

i think u can respec capts for free once clan battles start and repec them when it ends. i could be wrong. 

I ment transferring. My 19pointers aren't in tier tens run. Moskva is in Kirov, Khabarovsk is in izy, DM is in Cleveland, Montana is in NC from ranked, Gearing is in Clemson, HIV is in dugay(don't ask lol), yueyang is in gasman mada,  grosser is in kaiser cuz LOL, z-52 is in V-25 I have no idea why, zao is in furutaka, Shima is cursing around in Fubuki, Yamato is bringing pain in the fuso, cons is being a troll in Orion, Minotaur is being lewd in fiji

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,937 battles
1 minute ago, WaWingsFan_15 said:

ah yeah that will cost to move lol

Yeuuuuup. Oh well. Edit about 7k gold

Edited by RiverTheIdiot