You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

Aigle Available in Premium Shop

28 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
5,061 posts
8,938 battles

Good morning everyone,

Just a heads up that Aigle is available for sale in the premium shop, even though the portal hasn't been updated to announce it yet.

Curious to know what the 2x French Bonus Missions entail.  I'm sure we'll find out more when the main web site updates.

Capture.JPG

• Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
1,310 posts
3,662 battles

Most likely unlocks for the French BB line as they mentioned in the collection description.

[-K-]
Members
5,061 posts
8,938 battles
23 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Most likely unlocks for the French BB line as they mentioned in the collection description.

Just picked her up.  Turns out the missions are only for a couple regular containers and additional commander XP boost.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,310 posts
3,662 battles
10 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Just picked her up.  Turns out the missions are only for a couple regular containers and additional commander XP boost.

Thats... disheartening, since it costs about the same as a Blyska :Smile_sceptic:.

[-K-]
Members
5,061 posts
8,938 battles
Just now, warheart1992 said:

Thats... disheartening, since it costs about the same as a Blyska :Smile_sceptic:.

I didn't think the missions would involve French BB's.....that's what buying the French containers are (potentially) for.  WG wouldn't intentionally sabotage one sale with another.

I'm ok with this though, as I've been waiting to be able to move my Dunkerque captain over to Aigle for retraining.  Silly me worked up a 16-point BB commander in Dunkerque for French BB's, only to realize that the new special French commander from the new collection will be a much better fit for the battleship line.... :Smile_facepalm:

[HYDRO]
Members
1,310 posts
3,662 battles
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

I didn't think the missions would involve French BB's.....that's what buying the French containers are (potentially) for.  WG wouldn't intentionally sabotage one sale with another.

I'm ok with this though, as I've been waiting to be able to move my Dunkerque captain over to Aigle for retraining.  Silly me worked up a 16-point BB commander in Dunkerque for French BB's, only to realize that the new special French commander from the new collection will be a much better fit for the battleship line.... :Smile_facepalm:

You are right in that regard, I was thinking however that since the missions you get in the containers are for getting Tiers 6-8, they could add 2 missions for the Aigle that give access to the T4-5 BBs. That way it would still be an incentive and wouldn't undermine the normal container sale

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
4 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I dumped all mine into my Italian skipper that I seldom use do now I'm living in regretsy too. Back to the captain xp grindstone it seems. 

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,222 posts

I'd red flag buying the Aigle at this time - there is an 18 mission marathon to earn her.  Of course, in the usual style the mission set is only for Random/Ranked.   The marathon description says completed 18/26 of the upcoming marathon missions to earn the Aigle.  The Aigle will come with a 6pt commander when you earn it.  Looks like only 2 missions a weekend until 3/26. 

First two (expire 2/12)  -

Part 1: 1000 main gun hits 

Part 2 8 Citadel hits.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,743 posts
3,925 battles
9 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

Looks like only 2 missions a weekend until 3/26. 

Oh crud, I think I'm going to be overseas for the last part of this. Let's hope the final phase opens early enough for me to finish it.

What are the restrictions on Parts 1 and 2? I got the idea that this was a destroyers-only thing, so citadels?

Never mind, just seen the link above. If these conditions are global across the servers and I only have to get eighteen of them, I might just manage it. Definitely keeping my Emerald for now.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[EREKT]
Members
752 posts
5,761 battles

It's only 23 bucks, just buy it... I'll still do the Aigle missions because I figure they'll give the credit value of the ship at the end if you already have it.

I bet they're going to have a final mission like the Okt Rev, where you have to get 1600 base xp on a win. 

[RLBAD]
Beta Testers
23 posts
8,333 battles
13 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

It's only 23 bucks, just buy it... I'll still do the Aigle missions because I figure they'll give the credit value of the ship at the end if you already have it.

I bet they're going to have a final mission like the Okt Rev, where you have to get 1600 base xp on a win. 

Aigle Marathon --26 day , Event Start: 09/02/2018 Event End: 26/03/2018

Complete 18 "Aigle Marathons" out of 26 Reward ・ French Tier VI Destroyer Aigle + Port Slot ・ Commander + 6 Skill Points

[ARGSY]
Members
5,743 posts
3,925 battles

One of the missions is a 1750 base XP win. I can kiss that one goodbye. No hope at all unless I have an absolute miracle of a game.

I'll be out of the picture from 24 Feb to 7 or 8 March b/c of travel. Likely going to fail this one because of that alone, even without having to win all of the phases.

OTOH the opportunity is there to pick up a whole bucketload of flags and camo, so it's not all doom and gloom. :cap_cool:

[HINON]
Supertester
18,912 posts
12,446 battles
2 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

regular containers

Are you sure they're regular containers? WG has always used the regular container icon even for event specific containers.

• Bad 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,828 battles

While everyone is, I'm sure, happy that Aigle is here; the premium shop now has a shopping cart! YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!

[ARGSY]
Members
5,743 posts
3,925 battles
13 minutes ago, Umikami said:

the premium shop now has a shopping cart! YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!

Oh look! Let's get one of these! Some of those! A bundle of that!

All fun and games until you get to the checkout, and then your credit card goes to the toilet in its pants. :Smile_teethhappy:

[-K-]
Members
5,061 posts
8,938 battles
44 minutes ago, Lert said:

Are you sure they're regular containers? WG has always used the regular container icon even for event specific containers.

Not sure at this point, Lert.  The mission tabs only show regular container icons in the port view, so I suppose it could go either way.

Members
191 posts
1 hour ago, HazardDrake said:

Been on the road for work. Anyone have handy links to ship review?

LWM's review: 

[YAN]
Members
1,636 posts
7,464 battles
57 minutes ago, Lert said:

1 free French per day. 1 premium French for "finale".

According to the link above.

Edited by Akeno017

[-K-]
Members
5,061 posts
8,938 battles
1 hour ago, HazardDrake said:

Been on the road for work. Anyone have handy links to ship review?

[-K-]
Members
5,061 posts
8,938 battles
3 minutes ago, bandits86 said:

Free ship doing mission,, why buy??? erm..

I want to get a head start on using her as a French DD trainer.  And I want the credits for her once I finish the mission, as I'm going to need them to grind up the French BB line.