You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Two Brothers Chat Sarcasm

19 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,769 posts
12,872 battles

The red comments made me laugh.  Of course, it's easier to laugh when you're on the winning side.  Green played a textbook channel defense.  CAs on the flanks.  BB (me), and a companion BB behind me, holding the center.  And a DD running torps.

tbf.thumb.jpg.1577f6436c4c5f898d110ab69eb92585.jpg

• Funny 6

[STW-N]
Beta Testers
1,063 posts
10,605 battles

Red commentary good commentary, truthful. Wierd that slot rush doesn't win game, like parking top tier DD in slot is awesome clever.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,311 posts
11,415 battles

lol...

Usually channel run can win only if not spotted early and timed right.

Flambass has numerous videos showing him doing it.

I now call out the tactic at start...sometimes it stalls 6 ships at cap.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,769 posts
12,872 battles
2 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Lol...

Did you win with channel run?

No...reds lost.  Check the chat.  Look at the mini-map.  Reds initially ran two BBs up the middle.  We (Green) adjusted to defend.  Reds ran a third BB up the middle.  It didn't work...the red chat is sarcasm.  Well, the first red comment is...the second is just funny....50% more stupid than he thought when I let him know it wasn't two BBs up the middle...but three.

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
3,311 posts
11,415 battles
1 minute ago, Soshi_Sone said:

No...reds lost.  Check the chat.  Look at the mini-map.

I re-read and edited....

Did you spot them early?

Was it standard battle?

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
3,311 posts
11,415 battles

Oh duh mini map that tool I seldom remember... lol

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,769 posts
12,872 battles
8 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

I re-read and edited....

Did you spot them early?

Was it standard battle?

Standard battle.  Yes... they were spotted early.  I was already halfway around the west side and decided it was probably a good idea to return and help the defense once the BBs looked fully committed.  Our team (at first a CA and DD) held two in the channel nicely until I arrived.  I set up a bow camp position and spent the next ten minutes exchanging blows.  Then a third BB decided to come on down.

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Sometimes my Clan Mates when we sync drop try the drive up the crack 4 out of 5 tries they lost their royal tukus' but the One time they succeeded it was devastating and a win.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,268 battles
2 hours ago, Elegant_Winter said:

Variety is the spice of life.

rfroNJz.png

Variety is a poor excuse for stupidity.

• Cool 3

[WOLF4]
Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles
7 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Sometimes my Clan Mates when we sync drop try the drive up the crack 4 out of 5 tries they lost their royal tukus' but the One time they succeeded it was devastating and a win.

Unfortunately, they probable only remember that one time....

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles

I was in a game on Two Brothers yesterday that saw the reds reach new heights of whack-a-doodle tactics.

They had  4 BBs,  3 CAs/CLs, and 5 DDs. It was a Tier VII - IX spread.

They sent the 4 BBs up the slot... early. Four of the DDs came around the West island in a group. The cruisers stayed in their base, and a lone DD headed to the far North edge of the map (our rear) to hunt the CV we didn't have.  It was so incredibly boneheaded, it was puzzling. There were so many big wrecks clogging the slot that it was hard to get torpedoes to the last backing Missouri.

They did not share with us how came to such a decision, but their chat must have been.... interesting. :cap_hmm:

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,769 posts
12,872 battles

All said, everyone has to do it sometimes.  Yeah...it is stupid.  But sometimes...stupid can be fun.  And sometimes, it actually works!

IMHO, considering the player base, I believe there is something Freudianly appealing about that channel.

[NUWES]
Members
1,635 posts
5,477 battles

I love the commentary. It's a very low percentage play though. Everyone posts the videos where it occasionally worked, but almost no one posts the multitude where it failed spectacularly.

It really requires luck and a very inattentive and aggressive opposing team. Two brothers is a relatively small map. One radar or float plane at the wrong time and it's over. I've never personally seen that tactic work either for or against. 

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,268 battles
7 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

All said, everyone has to do it sometimes.  Yeah...it is stupid.  But sometimes...stupid can be fun.  And sometimes, it actually works!

IMHO, considering the player base, I believe there is something Freudianly appealing about that channel.

No, everyone does NOT have to do it sometimes.  I've never, ever gone middle early on Two Brothers.  And stupid is never fun in my book.  I don't even appreciate "stupid humor".  I appreciate intelligent humor.  I don't like movies where stupidity is the substitute for well written drama by poor screen writers.  Think of the middle of the 2nd Jurassic Park movie where a) a moron has to go to take a wizz on an island full of dinosaurs and decides to get out of sight of the rest of his team, or b) the nearest team mate of the first guy who stupidly puts on an MP3 player and can't hear his team mate's calls for help, or c) the "hero" taking bullets out of the big game hunter's gun, leaving him defenseless later on when faced by (IIRC) a T-rex.  I have serious problems with people defending stupidity as being in any way "fun" or entertaining, when all it really is, is stupidity.

[-BRS-]
Members
877 posts
7,315 battles
8 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

If there's no CV and I'm in one of my myoko's... I might reverse to the middle of the channel and see what ships I can bait to come down it or at the least... make them waste their time waiting for me eventually finishing coming down the middle.

Likewise, If I see the whole team doing, might as well join them...

Edited by Cpt_Cupcake
grammar

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,769 posts
12,872 battles
48 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I've never, ever gone middle early on Two Brothers.  

One man's early is another man's late.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,268 battles
4 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

One man's early is another man's late.

:Smile_facepalm:

Please.  There's a difference between heading down the channel right at the start vs  heading down it 10 minutes into the battle.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
3,311 posts
11,415 battles
17 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Standard battle.  Yes... they were spotted early.  I was already halfway around the west side and decided it was probably a good idea to return and help the defense once the BBs looked fully committed.  Our team (at first a CA and DD) held two in the channel nicely until I arrived.  I set up a bow camp position and spent the next ten minutes exchanging blows.  Then a third BB decided to come on down.

Ty.

Well played. Often players ignore a push and want to farm kills instead of win.