You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jtyellin

3 Day wait for re-joining clans

28 comments in this topic

[-AFW]
Members
9 posts
5,551 battles

With the new update for the next season of clan wars I think the 3 day wait for re-joining clans is ridiculous. You should be able to join a clan and not wait 3 days or more on a non-clan war season and when clan wars is on have that option activated. I think WG should make this approach instead of punishing everyone for few bad eggs.

Edited by jtyellin
  • Bad 2

[WOLF2]
Members
863 posts
6,995 battles

That process of insta-switch led to the eggs going bad.   Gaming the system.    If you're in a clan, not sure what would be a reason for switching.   Can you provide a good reason for changing immediately?

Edited by DiddleDum

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,841 battles
35 minutes ago, jtyellin said:

With the new update for the next season of clan wars I think the 3 day wait for re-joining clans is ridiculous.

Everyone is paying the price for players who tried to cheat, but like @DiddleDum stated, if you can come up with a legitimate reason why YOU need to change clans in the middle of a clan wars season, I'd love to hear it, because honestly, until then, you sound a lot like someone who wants to game the system.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,781 battles

I will go a step further. During the Clan Wars season, the wait period should be two weeks for transferring from clan to clan. After what I read in the forums about the clans to gamed the system to get an advantage playing, the wait seems reasonable. It wasn't a cheat but it was definitely not in the spirit of competitive play. Really disgusting IMHO. 

[SALTY]
[SALTY]
Members
258 posts
4,622 battles

ahahahahahahaha :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 2

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,751 battles
2 hours ago, jtyellin said:

With the new update for the next season of clan wars I think the 3 day wait for re-joining clans is ridiculous. You should be able to join a clan and not wait 3 days or more on a non-clan war season and when clan wars is on have that option activated. I think WG should make this approach instead of punishing everyone for few bad eggs.

coming from a clan of bad eggs. yeah ok.

[REVY]
[REVY]
Members
270 posts
1,489 battles
3 hours ago, jtyellin said:

I could agree to this if when you quit or get removed from a clan during the Clan wars season you forfeit ALL rewards for that season.  3 days is nothing.  The app for a new Clan is good for 5 days so what's the issue?  Best answer is not to change Clans during Clan wars if your participating or change quick early in the season.  Its not like Clan wars only lasts 1 week.

[-AFW]
Members
9 posts
5,551 battles
2 hours ago, DiddleDum said:

That process of insta-switch led to the eggs going bad.   Gaming the system.    If you're in a clan, not sure what would be a reason for switching.   Can you provide a good reason for changing immediately?

I dont like the clan im in currently and I want to be with my friends. We dont have enough players for clan wars  so you see why there wouldnt be a point in my perspective for the 3 days to exist on a NON-Clan-wars.  And plus its easier when adding in the patch for clan wars to change that difference from variable example.  

#coding for changing between 3 days and 0 clan changes

days= 0

days1=3

input("days")

input("days1")

days=days1

#this turns that 0 value to 3

then therefore be an easy change to the additional update.

Edited by jtyellin

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,704 battles

Surprised that WG did not put this in place right from the start, its been like this in WOT and no one complains, a cool down period can be a good thing.  If they had used the same system and had it in place from the start there would not have been all the raging about clans cheating or gaming the system during the last season of clan wars. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,049 posts
9,289 battles

I agree, 3 days is just wrong. It should be 5 days.

• Cool 2

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

I'm very, very interested in the op laying out his justification for insta rejoin. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,841 battles
5 hours ago, jtyellin said:

I dont like the clan im in currently and I want to be with my friends.

Sometimes, as responsible grown-ups, we make poor decisions we later regret, but still have to accept the consequences of. You made a poor, or hasty, or bad decision that you now have to accept the consequences of; deal with it and move on like you had your big boy pants on.

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles

Not only should there be a 3 day wait, but for Clan Wars they should require a team to register prior to the start of the season, and NO changes to the roster should be allowed until the end of the season.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
863 posts
6,995 battles
6 hours ago, jtyellin said:

I dont like the clan im in currently and I want to be with my friends. We dont have enough players for clan wars  so you see why there wouldnt be a point in my perspective for the 3 days to exist on a NON-Clan-wars.  And plus its easier when adding in the patch for clan wars to change that difference from variable example.  

Not really passing the smell test.  

If you don't like your clan, and want to be with your friends, why didn't you clan up with your friends in the first place?    Second, why didn't you drop your old clan yesterday, or last week, or two weeks ago?    Why turn a personal choice into a mandate to eliminate the three-day delay?

You could literally switch NOW, and be switched over and ready in time for clan battles.   Are you just waiting until clan battles start so you can make it a social injustice cause?

That you're waiting, and not switching over suggests another motive. 

Edited by DiddleDum
  • Cool 1

[CAST]
Members
1,158 posts
7,174 battles

I have no problem with the 3 day wait.  If something happens that you want to change clans, and have to wait 3 days, its really not that bad.  If you want to hop back and forth between clans, then it would be a problem, but that is what the 3 day wait is designed to stop anyway.

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,524 posts
3,515 battles
3 hours ago, FleetAdmiral_Assassin said:

Not only should there be a 3 day wait, but for Clan Wars they should require a team to register prior to the start of the season, and NO changes to the roster should be allowed until the end of the season.

I like this idea, +1

[BIAS]
Members
3,047 posts
8,995 battles

3 days is not long enough, should be a week. With 3 days, the whole team could swap out for one weeks worth of clan battles and back to a main clan for the next week..m they might miss 1 night in the middle... Obviously potential greedy clans can still game the system to some extent. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
1,819 posts
10,731 battles

I think the better compromise is the wait period only kicks in after you play a battle in the current CB season. If you haven't played any, switch away.

[PVE]
Members
8,856 posts
7,257 battles
24 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

3 days is not long enough, should be a week. With 3 days, the whole team could swap out for one weeks worth of clan battles and back to a main clan for the next week..m they might miss 1 night in the middle... Obviously potential greedy clans can still game the system to some extent. 

A week would work. Clan battles runs until April right?

[SSPL]
Members
73 posts
4,813 battles

4 hours ago, FleetAdmiral_Assassin said:

I am definitely a fan of the roster providing the roster includes the entire specific clan (subclan).  Example for me NGA-B.  However there does need to be a provision for replacements, for example 1 week.

[OO7]
Beta Testers
621 posts
6,960 battles
13 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I think WG had a typo it Should read 30 days

Should've just made it so that you cannot partake in CB again after being kicked/leaving for the duration of the season.