Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AngelOfWarAndDeath

Battleship Gneisenau, scharnhorst, Prince Eugene, channel breakthrough February 1942

6 comments in this topic

[DRI-S]
[DRI-S]
Members
570 posts
16,415 battles

Nice video Thanks :cap_like:

• Cool 1

Members
1,777 posts
17,353 battles
1 hour ago, AngelOfWarAndDeath said:

Thought I share this.Enjoy.

Unfortunately won't let me turn on subtitles w/out logging into facebook & I don't do facebook.

Just recently read a great book (documentary style) about the subject called "Breakout". Except for the tragic real loss of lives...a real comedy of errors on the British's part (mainly the British higher ups...all the troops...who were mostly uninformed due to "secrecy"...fought admirably).

There was a point where the Campbelton  (T3 Brit DD in game) & 3 of her sister ships were tasked w/trying to stop the dash & after 3 of them (including Campbelton) turned off 1 (Worcester I do believe it was) faced off against the Gnies & Prince by itself & took a ridiculous amount of main battery & 2ndary fire but was able (barely) to limp back home by itself...almost got a torp hit on Gnies but not quite. The book said that if it had been a newer (at that time...'42) DD it would have been sunk but because of it's older design it was able to survive.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,098 posts
8,751 battles

The Channel dash was an impressive achievement for the Germans to pull off.

Also if you need Subtitles on the vid it might be possible to find it on YouTube or something like that.

My YouTube app on Apple TV is constantly recommending ever increasing numbers of great documentaries. Lots of good ones on there I must say.

• Cool 1

Members
250 posts
3,308 battles

I noticed that the guns firing in the real footage of the ships we play in game...don't sound the same....in-game and should be updated...all the footage of Gneis and Bis and Prinz and Tripy should be updated..

Sign in to follow this