Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GiN_nTonic

weather duration is ridiculous

14 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
727 posts
5,834 battles

Something i hate in this game is the frequency and duration of bad weather.  What fun is it to have everything go invisible for such a huge time-frame of the game?  If you had something like this in WoT the player base would riot, but for some reason a few players in this game like it and so you keep it. 

I think if they were less frequent and MUCH MUCH shorter duration perhaps it could mix things up a little - but to have the weather as it is seems like a completely ridiculous game mechanic. I'm not even that much of a fan of any weather, but if it has to be there at least it could be shorter duration IMO.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Today in Chicagoland we are with a 24 hour winter weather warning. Wish it was like WoWs storms short sweet and to the point.

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,707 battles

You know you are going to get replies like....tell us which invisible ship touched you and where....or... get gud....or...someone is complaining because they got killed in game by something they could not see...:Smile_Default:

Yes, sometimes the weather effects seem to last a bit long, but on the other hand if you have ever been on the high seas and ran into bad weather, you would know that the effects in this game are far less than what they could be.  As a former WOT player, I hear where you are coming from, the invisi tanks were very irritating at times.  Hang in there.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,858 battles

1. Weather in this game favors ships with the WORST detection values, that is the ships which are spotted the easiest.

2. Battleships are the ships which are spotted at the greatest range, and therefore the ships which benefit the most from storms.

3. WoW caters heavily to its Battleship population, because these are the ships they sell the most of for the highest price.

4. Are you beginning to follow the logic train? (HINT: It goes forward right over that cliff coming up.) BB's like it so it stays.

Members
3,641 posts
13,487 battles

I'd like to see those so-called "Cyclones" last from game start to finish. It'd be pretty challenging fighting the whole battle with 8km maximum visibility.

Beta Testers
727 posts
5,834 battles
On 2/8/2018 at 8:55 PM, Cruiser_Fiume said:

So basically, OP, you're asking them to remove typhoons. What is the point? The point is that a little variety is a good thing.

Being you are nearly 70% bb player I guess your position makes sense.  I agree with Umikami, this is a mechanic that greatly favors BB players.

However, if I am wrong about why you're saying this - I dont disagree some variety is good, but holly hell to last so long in the game is a bit ridiculous.  Weather should mix things up perhaps a bit but then leave.  Its more a time-frame complaint than anything....they should be shorter in duration.

Members
567 posts
75 battles

My issue with typhoons is that they amplify the snowball effect so it makes a comeback effort that much harder. I like the variety but I wouldn't mind if they halved the duration. 

Although I wouldn't always want to halve it either. Especially if I had to tell the wife to expect up to four inches overnight. 

[-BRS-]
Members
877 posts
7,315 battles
4 hours ago, GiN_nTonic said:

Being you are nearly 70% bb player I guess your position makes sense.  I agree with Umikami, this is a mechanic that greatly favors BB players.

However, if I am wrong about why you're saying this - I dont disagree some variety is good, but holly hell to last so long in the game is a bit ridiculous.  Weather should mix things up perhaps a bit but then leave.  Its more a time-frame complaint than anything....they should be shorter in duration.

Cyclones also favor Radar equipped crusiers, sec-spec'ed graf zeppelin, and DDs with fast top speeds. Cyclones for BBs, only save you from the other BBs... and bad players.

Just my personal experience and opinions. BTW, let me save the trouble of looking up My stats to see if I'm a BB illuminati member, 49% BB, 24% Crusier, 13% DD, and 13% CV*.

ps. I like Cyclones, its about the only chance you have to snatch a win when your out numbered 2-1.

*(https://na.wows-numbers.com/player/1004548607,Cpt_Cupcake/ is the site I used if wish to argue about minute details, like some of my most recent counter-posters have demonstrated.)

Edited by Cpt_Cupcake
grammar

[CUTE]
Members
5,155 posts
3,430 battles
1 hour ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

Cyclones also favor Radar equipped crusiers, sec-spec'ed graf zeppelin, and DDs with fast top speeds. Cyclones for BBs, only save you from the other BBs... and bad players.

Just my personal experience and opinions. BTW, let me save the trouble of looking up My stats to see if I'm a BB illuminati member, 49% BB, 24% Crusier, 13% DD, and 13% CV*.

Ok. So BB "main" likes a weather effect that favours his most played ship type. Not much surprise so i doubt you'd get much squabbling over your statline.

I don't notice Cyclones being all that frequent honestly. It can make for some bizarre spotting situations though.

All we are missing now on the main page is an epicentre rant.

[-BRS-]
Members
877 posts
7,315 battles
1 minute ago, Canadatron said:

Ok. So BB "main" likes a weather effect that favours his most played ship type. Not much surprise so i doubt you'd get much squabbling over your statline.

I don't notice Cyclones being all that frequent honestly. It can make for some bizarre spotting situations though.

All we are missing now on the main page is an epicentre rant.

debatable. I rather people sit at my preferred gun ranges, limits my risk, increase my rewards. I don't have the DPM to counter an ambush under 8km, If I fail my one chance, I'm now relying on my enemy to also fail his.

Members
163 posts
12,389 battles

I like the variety. I don’t like how slowly the range drops! You have a five minute warning (which is silly-you’d really have a teeny bit more of an idea that a CYCLONE was coming) and THEN wait forever for the range to drop. They dissipate super fast too.

I prefer diversity in games, I’d like more variety still. If I could do stormy conditions my way I’d have a “storm warning” plastered over the loadin screen and then the visibility randomly vary between full, half, and 8km visibility through the entire match.

Sign in to follow this