diddlyv

Graf Zepp Test 1

14 comments in this topic

[TORP]
[TORP]
Members
235 posts
19,729 battles

Fighters still SUCK!!!!!!!! Why do you insist on putting tier VII planes on a tier VIII CV????????????????????????????? If you think it would be OP with tier VIII Down tier this pig to what ever tier you think is right and put the planes for that tier on it, it is not that hard!!!!!!

• Bad 3

Members
2,059 posts
5,097 battles

Enterprise is the same and is considered OP in the right hands.

But I agree

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,312 posts
9,399 battles

I have only run the 1/2/1 flight module. The blob of fighters is not very flexible, and I don't care much for it. Once they fix the reserve mistake, I think they'll be usable. I'd prefer 2 smaller flights. It's not like the fighter tier matters, the Graf Zeppelin will never see higher or lower tier carriers, so it's just a balance mechanic so that she will fully benefit from dogfighting expert. It's not like there's that many CV skills to pick from anyway.

Her airwing is still fragile, which is not a plus for a premium carrier. 

The torpedo bombers do ok, the drop pattern is still awkward, and should probably be made something more normal. It's not like we have 3 flights of them anymore.

The dive bombers seem super fragile for some reason, I watched an Izumo and a Kagero eat a flight of 8 (two died to a Baltimore's long range AA), 2 survived long enough to drop, and none made it back to the ship. At least they're fairly accurate, and easy to use.

Edited by SgtBeltfed

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,321 posts
14,681 battles

I find downtiering fighters to not matter so much.  But if they boost GZ, can we boost Kaga? :cap_popcorn:

• Cool 1

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,475 posts
6,653 battles

Don't blame your tools, without asking how you are using them. 6 fighters on t7 Kaga, t7 fighters on t8 Enterprise, coupled with dogfighting expert, employed with respect to their particular strengths and weaknesses, they do fine. :Smile_popcorn:

What I do think is that the 1/2/1 loadout, a sort of German Lexington approach, is retarded, as we lose both vision and tactical advantage for the team, unless we sacrifice a strike squadron for scouting duty. A straight up nerf. 2 fighter squadrons are an absolute reuirement for interesting cv gameplay.

But really, who cares about the fighters when a half awake zombie still on breakfast caffeine drip feed can stumble through a battle and get this result ? Stupid, right?gzresuilt.PNG

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,828 battles

I have no issue with giving all CV's air squadrons equal to their tiers; STARTING WITH SAIPAN!

[OO7]
Members
142 posts
3,377 battles
3 hours ago, diddlyv said:

Fighters still SUCK!!!!!!!! Why do you insist on putting tier VII planes on a tier VIII CV????????????????????????????? If you think it would be OP with tier VIII Down tier this pig to what ever tier you think is right and put the planes for that tier on it, it is not that hard!!!!!!

Yeah the fighters are horrible...

Screenshot_198.png

[TORP]
[TORP]
Members
235 posts
19,729 battles

lack your and femmenly's skill set.  A violin virtuoso can make a $100 fiddle sound marvelous but that does not make it a high quality instrument!!!!

Edited by diddlyv

[USCC]
Members
32 posts

Why can't WOWs leave things alone.

The last rendition was very good; this rendition SUCKS

It cannot even closely stand-up to the Japanese counterpart.

IT only has 5 squadron should have 6 Configured 2 - 2 -2 or 3 - 1 - 2

But since Ruskies don't have CVs what would you expect?

Seriously, This must be the longest development ever undertaken, but it's obvious the developers do not want to take our advise.

Glad I got my $$$ back right off the bat, cause I'll never buy this Worthless POS!

[USCC]
Members
32 posts

#1 Hay Nutty, remove all you flags and let's see how well you score

#2  The ONLY fair assessment is running a test ship in CoOp when you are FORCED to take on a your Counterpart!

Show us one of those b4 spouting how great it is with a 3 point Captain . . . IF YOU DARE!

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,475 posts
6,653 battles
57 minutes ago, TonkinGulf_CG11 said:

#1 Hay Nutty, remove all you flags and let's see how well you score

#2  The ONLY fair assessment is running a test ship in CoOp when you are FORCED to take on a your Counterpart!

Show us one of those b cv with a 4 spouting how great it is with a 3 point Captain . . . IF YOU DARE!

Why would anyone play a 3 point captain on a tier8 cv in pvp (random battles)? Sorry, but that would be immoral. Every GZ owner should have a 19pt captain by now from both the 20k free cap xp missions for testing and.the original vanilla GZ.

[-WTP-]
Members
34 posts
6,356 battles
15 hours ago, nuttybiscuit said:

Why would anyone play a 3 point captain on a tier8 cv in pvp (random battles)? Sorry, but that would be immoral. Every GZ owner should have a 19pt captain by now from both the 20k free cap xp missions for testing and.the original vanilla GZ.

I can't help but agree, few if any people playing CVs now especially at Tier 8 rarely if ever have a Captain that has lest than 10 or 11 points ( I think I have a 10-11 point skipper on my GZ myself not to mention the CV upgrades) The problem is though is that unless the player is confident enough to take the GZ out outside the testing phases like I would from time to time then the only time they gain experience is during the testing phases. And since bad teams or YOLO types who cause the team to lose are always first to blame the CV, that also causes some not to use it outside of testing. 

That being stated my views of the GZ so far in the testing phase maybe alittle different from y'alls given my Captain, nevertheless I agree with yall on the following.

-Using Tier 7 fighters can be detrimental at times and Im in the camp that they should at least be bumped to Tier 8. With the 1-1-2 loadout, the fighters are not flexible and why it may work okay in countering a Lexington's 1-1-2  setup ( I was able to lure his fighters to a open area and destroy them) The 2-0-3 loadout appears to be the most flexible given that you have two fighter groups. But the fact that they are Tier 7 forces you to remain on your Ps and Qs when dealing with the Enterprise, and Shokaku, ( I will say I was able to do well against the Shokaku but the Enterprise having those fighter reserves got the best of me and was able fight using attrition in its favor) I 

-The TBs and DBs are fragile in up tier battles. When you are the top tier in a battle, the fragility isnt as apparent but as soon as you get into a battle with Tier 9 and Tier 10 ships then they melt like butter. I have had a horror story involving an Izumo and and a German BB eating up my planes and reducing the strike power.

-The last major issue I have is the fighter reserve. In battles this is the first to get depleted almost instantaneously (I only fought one or two battles so far where I had fighters at the end of the match and in those cases I had no reserves) I did some light research and the GZ was to carry more fighters than anything (I have to bring the sources) and was going to sacrifice strike power for it. 

Now I get the WG is trying to balance the ship out  so they may not increase the reserves too much but at the least strengthen the fighters by bringing them up to tier and buff the bombers hp alittle, because even though they are supposed to be tier 8 they sure dont seem like they are.

• Cool 1

[USCC]
Members
32 posts
On 2/9/2018 at 5:01 PM, nuttybiscuit said:

Because it is the only TRUE ASSESSMENT of the SHIPS capability rather then the Captain's 

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,475 posts
6,653 battles
23 minutes ago, TonkinGulf_CG11 said:

Because it is the only TRUE ASSESSMENT of the SHIPS capability rather then the Captain's 

if this were the case then no premium would ever be considered acceptable, all CV premiums require a 10 pt captain at least, to unlock Air Superiority, to be competitive with their tech tree peers. This is one reason why the Test ships arrive in our accounts with missions to accelerate captain skill experience (20 k free captain skill xp per Test ship), and why we can place our GZ vanilla captains in the GZ test ships, without penalty.

(likewise dds are unplayable in pvp until the 4 pt captain skill, concealment, is unlocked)

Sign in to follow this