Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Plaatduutsch

Midway Change Changes Nothing.

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

121
[C-HAG]
Members
481 posts
7,693 battles

Yes, now midway has T9 fighters 

does it really matters?

T9 planes are 3kts slower, 150 hp less and 10dps less in exchange you got SIX MORE AMMO.so one can strife more. 

When facing 233 Hakuryu, your 14 fighters still win Hakuryu 10 fighters

when encountering 422, you still can’t get air superioty regardless of T9/t10 fighters 

The biggest issue with Midway is its absurd striking power, yet it remains untouched

Unfortunately, whinings of surface ships bring no actual change, you guys are still getting wrecked by Midways..,  hahaha:cap_book::cap_book::cap_book:

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
487
[-1]
Beta Testers
1,806 posts
18,764 battles

I STOPPED playing Broken CV's a long time ago now all of them up to tier (8) collecting dust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
428
[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,581 posts
3,918 battles
1 hour ago, Plaatduutsch said:

T9 planes are 3kts slower, 150 hp less and 10dps less in exchange you got SIX MORE AMMO.so one can strife more.

...and so it became known as the "Strife" mechanic ever since.

:Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
108
[Y0L0]
Beta Testers
271 posts
10,664 battles

If WG were to implement a temporary test of an opt-out switch for CV battles, we would see just how popular they are in their current configuration.

Let the community show their thoughts in a nice sampling of data.

Sold my Shokaku... twice.  Had to try again a year later, and probably will try again in the future.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
239
[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,313 posts
9,410 battles
6 minutes ago, BlueWaterWolf said:

If WG were to implement a temporary test of an opt-out switch for CV battles, we would see just how popular they are in their current configuration.

Let the community show their thoughts in a nice sampling of data.

It'll never happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12
[CUTER]
Members
26 posts
8,153 battles

I actually agree with this, I had just started playing Midway a week or so before the patch, and if anything my stats have only gotten better. The nerf does literally nothing because of the dogfighting expert skill keeps the damage on par with the Hak squads and the higher number of fighters per squad leads to them just lasting long enough to outlast the Hak fighters in a straight up fight. (Speaking of 2-3-3, I have yet to have the pleasure of fighting 4-2-2 Hak). The striking power remains unchanged and it still does insane amounts of damage and I'm having a really easy time grinding that CV elite forces emblem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,622
[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,677 posts
14,042 battles
4 hours ago, DragonKiler said:

Also, why is this post in the British Battleships subfourm?

Posting when one is upset tends to have funny things happening.

 

Oh, on the subject of Midway, this happened a few weeks ago...

zqFmACM.jpg

LOL before the Midway fighter nerf!

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,521
[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,704 posts
3,468 battles

Your fighters are now slower than Hak.

 

The Strike Hak SHOULD be weak to a Midway's balanced setup in terms of fighteers and the AS Hak was already better than the Midway.

So now the Hak, that should be weak to fighters, is equal to the Midway, and the AS Hak is evrn better.

 

Playing AS to even compete in the USN CVs was fine for 2 years, but apparently the same standard doesn't hold for the IJN.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
284
[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,986 battles

Eh not really me and my clan leader took haks and midways fighters 1 on 1 to test the results. 

Normally... hakaryu would be able to shoot down 4-6 planes per squad. (If they dont strafe out) if you strafe out hakaryu can chase you down and kill off you squad you keep making weaker.

now 2v1 hakaryu vs midway and just devasting. They can really hurt those fighters.

Edited by RiverTheIdiot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
123
Beta Testers
465 posts
8,679 battles
17 hours ago, SgtBeltfed said:

It'll never happen.

Any player can opt out by exiting the match lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,622
[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,677 posts
14,042 battles
4 hours ago, Madwolf05 said:

Your fighters are now slower than Hak.

 

The Strike Hak SHOULD be weak to a Midway's balanced setup in terms of fighteers and the AS Hak was already better than the Midway.

So now the Hak, that should be weak to fighters, is equal to the Midway, and the AS Hak is evrn better.

 

Playing AS to even compete in the USN CVs was fine for 2 years, but apparently the same standard doesn't hold for the IJN.

It's as if WG thought IJN CVs had only one spec, when they do still in fact have choices, unlike USN :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,216 posts
4,051 battles
4 hours ago, RiverTheIdiot said:

Eh not really me and my clan leader took haks and midways fighters 1 on 1 to test the results. 

Normally... hakaryu would be able to shoot down 4-6 planes per squad. (If they dont strafe out) if you strafe out hakaryu can chase you down and kill off you squad you keep making weaker.

now 2v1 hakaryu vs midway and just devasting. They can really hurt those fighters.

I would like to see this because the math doesn't hold up.

Sure I can see it happening but not even close to constantly. 

Unless I missed something it looks like:

Midway - dps 588 (84*7) hp 2388

Hal - dps 480 (96*5) hp 2538

This gives the midway a 23% chance per tick to shoot down a plane. While hak's is 20.1%. After 1 loss that changes to mw 19.8% vs hak 16%.

The % are even enough that an early IJN kill could start a snowball effect but it is more likely to go the othe way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
239
[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,313 posts
9,410 battles
42 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It's as if WG thought IJN CVs had only one spec, when they do still in fact have choices, unlike USN :Smile_teethhappy:

For some reason, I think that might end up being the way it goes. I don't see the IJN keeping both load outs without a real need to have them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,622
[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,677 posts
14,042 battles
23 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

For some reason, I think that might end up being the way it goes. I don't see the IJN keeping both load outs without a real need to have them.

It just doesn't matter anymore.  They could remove IJN AS and it won't change anything even after the USN CV Revamp.

 

Lexington got smashed with 1 fighter unit in Ranked in the face of Shokaku and Enterprise competition.

Ranger is going to get embarrassed (again) in Ranked next season because that spec will completely fail against Saipan, Kaga, Hiryu.  1 fighter unit is not going to protect the team well and will leave significant gaps in coverage, air defense.

They nerfed Midway because she was too strong against a STRIKE Hakuryu, nevermind what an AS Hak can do to her.

 

It just doesn't matter anymore at this point.  The USN CV Revamp only helped Bogue.  It helped Midway also, but that Welcome mat got pulled so hard the moment an IJN CV faced some sort of problem.  If only WG cared that much about USN CVs instead of leaving them the way they were for two years in suffering.  They give the light with Revamped Midway then they pull it back.

 

FFS, Tier VII Saipan has the best USN fighters in the game now.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×