You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Khafni

DISMISSED!

42 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Members
3,321 posts
11,848 battles

Thank you WG for making this possible!

dismissal.thumb.png.0f376aace7e41a97897aa8e927c11cde.png

Spoiler

dismissal2.thumb.png.a2bfaf4d4c69b2d0d4b439aa0825263a.png

Not a hater, just not a fan. Now my personal file contains only those captains I need or want.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 3

[TNG]
Members
813 posts
6,173 battles
6 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Reveal hidden contents

Not a hater, just not a fan. Now my personal file contains only those captains I need or want.

oh snap i forgot about this. gotta alota people to fire after work. LOL!

• Bad 1

[TAZ]
Members
391 posts

now if they would allow us to sell  (remove) the ships

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Members
2,059 posts
5,097 battles

They don't take up reserve or port slots, I don't know why you'd want to get rid of so many free 10 pointers or decent ships(even if they are clones). But alrighty then.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,092 posts
9,193 battles

wrong thread/deleated

[HINON]
Supertester
18,921 posts
12,454 battles
6 minutes ago, X15 said:

They don't take up reserve or port slots

^ This.

That said, I dismissed my dupes - I completed every mission back then for every round, so I had two full sets of the Myoukou and Kongou class girls. Kept the ones with the highest points and the ones I didn't have dupes of.

Members
1,604 posts
3,573 battles

"Hur dur dur,  I got rid of perfectly gud captains because deys anime girlz!"  

God you people make me angry.

• Angry 5

[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,781 battles
3 hours ago, X15 said:

They don't take up reserve or port slots, I don't know why you'd want to get rid of so many free 10 pointers or decent ships(even if they are clones). But alrighty then.

I would imagine because some people don't want them. It is hardly rocket surgery. Personally I don't care for the content, am glad it is in the game for those who do like it though. Even when "hidden" I still have to look at a small herd of ARP/IJN captains that I will never use ever. They can have the port slots and reserve slots back, I really don't care. It is annoying and I don't like crap cluttering my port. IMHO every captain should be dismissible, every item sellable in the game. Unsure why I have to keep stuff I don't want, really seems a stupid thing to force content on people. 

• Cool 2

Members
3,635 posts
13,459 battles
4 hours ago, Nutaz said:

now if they would allow us to sell  (remove) the ships

I'd rather be able to do this than to dump 10 point Captains.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,019 posts
11,539 battles
30 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

I'd rather be able to do this than to dump 10 point Captains.

This.  I just don't need all those Myokos and Kongos.  My port is cluttered enough.

[LEGIO]
Members
2,956 posts
5,370 battles
1 hour ago, crzyhawk said:

This.  I just don't need all those Myokos and Kongos.  My port is cluttered enough.

The extra silver would be nice too.

[AK]
Members
95 posts
7,536 battles

Forcing content on people is what WG does. Look at USN CV's. Forced to use one loadout, and one loadout only.

[PSP]
Members
6,040 posts
8,583 battles

I'm saving all my 10-point ARP commanders to use on Japanese ships when I start going up those tiers.

[PSP]
Members
6,040 posts
8,583 battles
3 hours ago, Nighteyez said:

Forcing content on people is what WG does. Look at USN CV's. Forced to use one loadout, and one loadout only.

Nobody had the ARP ships and commanders forced on them. You could have not played the game during the campaign or only played at non-applicable tiers/game types if you didn't want them. Myself, I don't think being "forced" to recieve an Atago, Myoko and Kongo with a dozen 10-point Japanese commanders was such a burden. In fact, I played my rear off that month to ensure that they appeared in my port.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,781 battles
3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Nobody had the ARP ships and commanders forced on them. You could have not played the game during the campaign or only played at non-applicable tiers/game types if you didn't want them. Myself, I don't think being "forced" to recieve an Atago, Myoko and Kongo with a dozen 10-point Japanese commanders was such a burden. In fact, I played my rear off that month to ensure that they appeared in my port.

Umm I wasn't interested in getting them yet I ended up with a complete set and a second set of captains just by playing the game.... I couldn't dismiss them nor sell the ships... With the ARP captains, I have more 10 point captains than I do ships to research... Again, the choice of what captains and ships you have should be up to the player, no one else. Not sure why this is such a difficult concept for people to gronk.

Edited by Taylor3006

[PSP]
Members
6,040 posts
8,583 battles
2 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Umm I wasn't interested in getting them yet I ended up with a complete set and a second set of captains just by playing the game.... I couldn't dismiss them nor sell the ships... With the ARP captains, I have more 10 point captains than I do ships to research... Again, the choice of what captains and ships you have should be up to the player, no one else. Not sure why this is such a difficult concept for people to gronk.

I don't see what the problem is myself as neither the ships nor the commanders took up any space when they appeared. Most people have more than enough reserve space nayway. I play for free and have 63 unused reserve slots that I've gotten from crates and campaigns. 

[WOLF4]
Members
105 posts
4,220 battles
10 hours ago, Khafni said:

Reveal hidden contents

Wish they would have made it so you can transfer them to IJN ships.  Wouldn't be a waste of 10pt commanders.

[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,781 battles
35 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I don't see what the problem is myself as neither the ships nor the commanders took up any space when they appeared. Most people have more than enough reserve space nayway. I play for free and have 63 unused reserve slots that I've gotten from crates and campaigns. 

It hardly matters if they take up space or not, some people don't want the material. Personally I have no problems with the ships, I have them hidden. My problem is the herd of 10 point captains that I have zero interest in keeping or using that I can not hide even though I can hide their cartoon faces. I have 158 reserve slots and need around 20. That again isn't the point. It bothers me (or did before this patch) to have to scroll down thru them to get to what I want. It shouldn't matter to anyone why it bothers me if I want them gone. Maybe I don't like their faces, maybe their names bother me, maybe the number ten that shows up on their portrait gives me flashbacks because I have PTSD from watching Sesame Street as a child and I was traumatized by the Count. Maybe it isn't anyone's damn business why I want them gone..  It doesn't matter why. I am beginning to wonder what the penchant is for players to tell other players what they should have or not have in their port.... I suspect something pathological in that.

My stance has been and always been player's choice. Everything should be sellable, every captain dismissible,  and anything "strange" should be hide-able. Forcing players to keep stuff they don't want is a really stupid thing to do especially when it is totally meaningless to the player. It is pointless and it bothers some of Wargaming's customers. That should be enough of a reason not to do it.

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,781 battles
41 minutes ago, Colonel_Potter said:

Wish they would have made it so you can transfer them to IJN ships.  Wouldn't be a waste of 10pt commanders.

Umm they did. You can use them in IJN ships. Was implemented several months back, I forget the patch number. Still have to retrain them though but they retain the ability use ARP ships as well (I think that is right). Had this feature been implemented when the ARP content was introduced, maybe it would have mitigated some of the hatred that some players have towards the content.

Edited by Taylor3006

[WOLF9]
Members
1,031 posts
11 hours ago, Khafni said:

Reveal hidden contents

You realize you have irredeemably shamed these poor bastards , who will all now have to disembowel themselves all over your docks. Warm, sunny Marseilles is going to get ripe in a hurry.

• Funny 1

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,524 posts
3,515 battles
13 hours ago, Khafni said:

Hide contents

Soo you got rid of perfectly good 6 and 10 point IJN captains that can have their avatar changed to regular IJN captain (so you don't have to see anime girls) because...... reasons? Well someone has to make up the bottom of the bell curve I guess.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1