MonkeySlap

Download Taking Forever... Please Help!

7 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
76 battles

Hey, saw the ad with the guy who sounded like Nevercake....

Thought the game looked cool af and wanted to try it out, and explore the depths of the sea, but the update is taking hours on end.

The download rate "mb/s" is constantly fluctuating from like, 2.2mb to around 19 KB. This is stretching itself out wayyyy too thin, and is taking forever.

Is there some kind of easy setting I can switch off, so I can just play the game?

If my multiplication is on point, it would take around eight hours to download from this spot: Pain

Additionally, I've noticed that the same download tends to repeat itself, a seemingly infinite number of times. Like it'll complete the long download, then do another download, then do the same long download again.... This hurts.

Please help ASAP:

-MonkeySlap

Members
4 posts
76 battles

I really should say: I want to support the game, but I really can't if I can't play it.

Thanks for the nine views but the 0 replies...

[H-W-C]
Members
1,258 posts
3,306 battles
1 hour ago, MonkeySlap said:

Hey, saw the ad with the guy who sounded like Nevercake....

Thought the game looked cool af and wanted to try it out, and explore the depths of the sea, but the update is taking hours on end.

The download rate "mb/s" is constantly fluctuating from like, 2.2mb to around 19 KB. This is stretching itself out wayyyy too thin, and is taking forever.

Is there some kind of easy setting I can switch off, so I can just play the game?

If my multiplication is on point, it would take around eight hours to download from this spot: Pain

Additionally, I've noticed that the same download tends to repeat itself, a seemingly infinite number of times. Like it'll complete the long download, then do another download, then do the same long download again.... This hurts.

Please help ASAP:

-MonkeySlap

Um... when did you start downloading the game?

Members
4 posts
76 battles
6 minutes ago, warpath_33 said:

Um... when did you start downloading the game?

irrelevant. 

The issue is that it is taking forever with no end in sight. The downloads are looping.

[H-W-C]
Members
1,258 posts
3,306 battles
Just now, MonkeySlap said:

irrelevant. 

The issue is that it is taking forever with no end in sight. The downloads are looping.

It is relevant. If you downloaded the game some time ago you would have to download every patch released since you last opened the launcher and that would be why you seem to be downloading things over and over.

Members
19 posts
513 battles

I had a similar problem where the updates would extract, take up piles of disk space, then re-download when running the launcher.  The solution that worked for me was to delete everything inside the update folder and download again without update seeding enabled.

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

If you're on a laptop, plug in. Regardless of how long it will take having a stable wired connection will make you DL speeds significantly faster. If it's a rig and for whatever reason your wireless, move the rig closer to the router temporarily and plug in. 

Especially if it hasn't completed between you posting and reading this...