You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Willy55_1955

Any way to change the Chat text color?

6 comments in this topic

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
308 posts
9,698 battles

Follow up from yesterday's post. I am not colorblind but tried all the colorblind settings (3). No change. Why did they change from white to green. Green against the sea is almost invisible. Maybe a lighter shade of green? There hopefully is a mod somewhere that can change it.

Screenshot (7).png

Edited by Willy55_1955

Beta Testers
270 posts
8,957 battles

White is All-chat, while green is Team-chat.  Gold is division chat if you happen to be in a div.

I agree that the green is sometimes hard to read against the water... maybe there should be a black background that the player can set the transparency for?  So people with poor eyesight can set it opaque and get a solid contrast, while the young'uns can leave it transparent and have it act more like a heads-up display?

[B2P]
Members
498 posts
13,250 battles

I was just looking at the graphical settings last night, and IIRC there was an option to increase text contrast, or something like that.  Take a look at the graphical options in both the port and in game.  If you do see it and it works, let us know.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

For years I've wanted to change the color of all text in game. 

Everything above ships mainly.

I asked in mods section back then, but I only heard crickets.

[ONAVY]
[ONAVY]
Members
308 posts
9,698 battles
18 hours ago, Wulfgarn said:

For years I've wanted to change the color of all text in game. 

Everything above ships mainly.

I asked in mods section back then, but I only heard crickets.

I actually found a gear over the Chat box and was able to opaque the background, making it a little easier to see.

Check Aslain's new 0.7.1.0.03 modpack for Player Panels and Over Target markers.

Members
3,643 posts
13,487 battles

WG needs to give us the ability to darken the screen background so that the text can be more easily seen. (and read)