You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
EJ_TANK

Question about buying the Roma

10 comments in this topic

[-_W_-]
Members
32 posts
4,167 battles

The Roma is a ship that I have been hoping for since i heard this game was going to be made. Its one of the best looking Battleships ever made, and I was thrilled when I heard that i could finally have it. That being said, I would prefer the one with the upgraded camo pattern, however that STUPID looking trash can on the foremast is such a huge eye sore, they made one the best looking ships in history look like something that resembles some kind of 1950's B movie cheesy special effects, what is that dumb thing? It looks so horrible. Is there a way i can get the Roma with that camo pattern but not the 55 gal. drum on its head? So dumb.

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,477 battles

Unfortunately, no.  The beer can is part of the camo.  It is possible to mod the camo so that you wouldn't see the beer can, or maybe someone else has already done so.  But everyone else would still see it. :(

[HINON]
Members
8,840 posts

There is a mod for that, perhaps one of the other posters has the link to it.

[-_W_-]
Members
32 posts
4,167 battles

Thanks guys, I guess I'll just get the standard camo, theres nothing wrong with that one, it looks fine, i just wanted that other one. Its not worth it though, its just too dumb looking, I wish i could be swearing about how much i HATE  that look. Why would WG do something like alter the physical appearance to something so trashy? (Figuratively and literally in this case) 

• Cool 1

[NOOOB]
Members
1,439 posts
12,073 battles

If they fix it in the future I think you can buy in game for 7,000 doubloons- I  ought without camo since I could not stomach it

• Cool 1

Members
2,748 posts
6,245 battles
17 minutes ago, EJ_TANK said:

Thanks guys, I guess I'll just get the standard camo, theres nothing wrong with that one, it looks fine, i just wanted that other one. Its not worth it though, its just too dumb looking, I wish i could be swearing about how much i HATE  that look. Why would WG do something like alter the physical appearance to something so trashy? (Figuratively and literally in this case) 

I wondered the same thing. Wanted to get the top package especially with all the extras it would have been worth it to me. Couldn't stomach the beer can though so I went with regular deal.

• Cool 1

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,713 posts
9,473 battles

Can you try to get the top package, then turn off the view camo in the port screen ?

you just going to see your now Normal Roma, but your Roma actually had that special camo

[POI--]
Members
171 posts
1,989 battles
On 8/2/2018 at 11:23 PM, ObiwankzKenobi said:

Can you try to get the top package, then turn off the view camo in the port screen ?

you just going to see your now Normal Roma, but your Roma actually had that special camo

Nope. You turn off the camo entirely if you do that.

Members
76 posts
On 2/8/2018 at 5:05 PM, Panzer1113 said:

If they fix it in the future I think you can buy in game for 7,000 doubloons- I  ought without camo since I could not stomach it

I make as much, if not more money with the Roma and the sillyflage than I do with the Missouri.

When you look at it from that point of view, your stomach would have been just fine.

[SKET]
Members
38 posts
10,906 battles

It's a boat crap it's not worth buying, I have more than half a million experience and I only use it for the credit it gives. I put all the possible configurations to the captain and nothing. It does not work, it does not have secondary weapons the AA is decent but not good and its batteries are broken mediocre armor and let's not talk about its dispersion. to all my friends, I say, DO NOT BUY