You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
wildcat18

Got to love wood heat

14 comments in this topic

Members
218 posts

I was just sitting here with my feet up and can feel the heat from the pellet stove. I'm glad I live in a cold climate (I like winter anyway) so i can fire up the stove, nothing like it. Oh, and for you wood stove lovers. I have always heated with a wood stove for the most part. But now that I have a pellet stove, not sure I would go back to splitting wood.

• Cool 3

[ARP2]
Members
1,224 posts
3,566 battles

You forgot the smell.  Nothing smells as nice as a wood fire.

• Cool 3

[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,794 battles
39 minutes ago, wildcat18 said:

I was just sitting here with my feet up and can feel the heat from the pellet stove. I'm glad I live in a cold climate (I like winter anyway) so i can fire up the stove, nothing like it. Oh, and for you wood stove lovers. I have always heated with a wood stove for the most part. But now that I have a pellet stove, not sure I would go back to splitting wood.

Go away! I am sitting in 41c/108f+-. I love cold weather. Pse send some snow. (I am on contract in the coldest place in south africa reaches 28f in winter. The drought has made this (expletive deleted) country change big time. Again PSE send COLD. Tx.

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles
23 minutes ago, Gruntdog_3 said:

Go away! I am sitting in 41c/108f+-. I love cold weather. Pse send some snow. (I am on contract in the coldest place in south africa reaches 28f in winter. The drought has made this (expletive deleted) country change big time. Again PSE send COLD. Tx.

41 Degrees Celsius?! WHAT?! How are you not dead?!

[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,794 battles

I am. The Hamster who turns my wheel in my cranium has Air Con. For what it is worth, it is 20.36z (local 22.36) time here (Z=GMT) and it has dropped to 38c/104c.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,495 posts
2,050 battles

I'm with you. It's hitting highs of 20F here in MI right now, getting down into the single digits plus wind. But nothing beats a wood stove for heat. I can't walk into that room if I have to do something, because I'll just sit down and go to sleep.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,841 battles

It's 80 degrees in Phoenix today, will be swimming later, enjoy that snow ...

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,946 battles

Please someone send heat. Living in canada just sucks. Especially when your currently living in northern ontario

edit anyone that wants snow you pay for shipping and ill send it. I got nearly 3 1/2 ft in my backyard

Edited by RiverTheIdiot

[NDA]
Supertester
4,774 posts
13,589 battles

The house I grew up in had a cast iron wood stove in the center of the house and when it was going full bore you could sit in the same room like a sauna. My Dad joked that in the winter you could pick your temperature by which room in the house you went to as the farther you got from the stove the cooler it became. It can be a choir to cut and stack the wood. Than you have to maintain the chimney not to mention taking out the ashes but be careful not to dust the whole house with them. But the level of heat and the smell can't be beat by an modern central heating system.   

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
1 hour ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

41 Degrees Celsius?! WHAT?! How are you not dead?!

I was in Vegas in July a few years back and it was 45 Celsius the entire week.  It wasn't too, too bad because it's a dry heat there, but you still had to be careful.  I wasn't paying attention and stood on a metal plate by a bus stop and felt the heat through my shoes before stepping off and noticing my soles had started to melt a bit lol.

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
7 minutes ago, RiverTheIdiot said:

Living in canada just sucks.

It sure can.  I'm in SK and, while we don't have much snow this year, it has been much colder than the last several years.  Yesterday was -30 and our power went out for a little over five hours...

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,946 battles
Just now, AspiringCodger said:

It sure can.  I'm in SK and, while we don't have much snow this year, it has been much colder than the last several years.  Yesterday was -30 and our power went out for a little over five hours...

Yeh sas is rough. But normally where i usually live next to great lakes we get tons of snow since lake affect

[-BMV-]
Members
1,183 posts
5,544 battles

My family uses a wood stove for heat. It's nice I get sick of stacking and splitting firewood though.