Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Shield380

[Insert Clickbait Title Here]

11 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
578 posts
990 battles

Howdy! So quick two things: 1) if you clicked onto here then hell I guess the clickbait works and 2) I hope you are a strong-minded fellow!

This is quite simply a post to see what these here forums have to say in relation to the different branches of destroyers here! Comment your favorite line/single ship and why below and then include a fun 1v1 situation between your ship of choice and one of its rivals, up a tier or down it is up to you! Maybe we get some fun comments here maybe not, you never know.

My personal one: the Benson. I would take the Benson over any other tier 8 DD in this game, I just simply love its amazing firepower and ability to turn that firepower in any direction in a matter of seconds. The torpedoes are not IJN level but they can still do some serious work. I would love to 1v1 a Lo Yang just to prove that her American predecessor is still better XD

So fire away! Let's get some fun conversation going here.

Dilly Dilly!

[HINON]
Supertester
18,957 posts
12,479 battles

Błyskawica for me. It's just the right combination of range, speed, ballistics, DPM, alpha and torpedoes, for me. Fast enough to easily get around, ROF / DPM enough to put hurt on anything, the right ballistics to be able to hit things at long range that you just can't nearly as easily with 127/38s, and a high enough fire chance to burninate the countryside.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
10 minutes ago, Shield380 said:

So fire away! Let's get some fun conversation going here.

Well I am no good at destroyers, so I leave this thread, but wish you good luck with it, since I fell for the click bait.:Smile_honoring:

[ASHIP]
Members
584 posts
5,218 battles

Derzki. Cuz' 5*2 torpedoes with 22 second reload plus adrenaline rush and torpedo armaments expert. My favorite matchup in it is against any DD captain who's confused about why I'm not shooting back.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,319 posts
3,668 battles

I would also say Blyskawica. It just has the whole package, and while it cant perform all the tasks equally well, it has always an answer for any situation. If you dont get damaged in the first half of the game you can play her as a gunboat. Taken some damage and its too dangerous? No worries, AR gives you a torp reload time close to a minute. Its only disadvantage is detection vs higher tiers but thats an issue in general for T7 DDs

Members
1,512 posts
7,972 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

Błyskawica for me. It's just the right combination of range, speed, ballistics, DPM, alpha and torpedoes, for me. Fast enough to easily get around, ROF / DPM enough to put hurt on anything, the right ballistics to be able to hit things at long range that you just can't nearly as easily with 127/38s, and a high enough fire chance to burninate the countryside.

Hey

Not being an overly experienced DD guy myself.  But the Blyskawica does everything I like; I have to agree with Lerts assessment.  

I do also enjoy the Leningrad, Gallant and the LoYang.  

Pete

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,976 battles

Fletcher. Jack of all trades, great torps, great guns, great concealment and the best maneuvering of all tier 9 dd's in my opinion.

overall russian destoryers have to be favorite line since i can run and gun all day.

i just LOVVE 5"/38's and people criticized me for this but meh fck em. I just find with IFHE the just pen EVERYTHING.

also russian.DD line has the bias 130mm gulag cannon's.

the 130mm are just so powerful and with IFHE and demo they givd good pens and fire chance... always remember the 25fires and 170k dmg i got in gremyaschy

Edited by RiverTheIdiot

[ANZAC]
Members
127 posts
3,947 battles

I do love my z46, I feel more comfortable in it than I do in the z52. Though in saying that, I don't have anything to compare it with as it's the only line I've completed. I have the LoYang which is just "ok" in my books, but it's prompted me to start down the PADD line to experience those DWT's. Was thinking of also going down the US line at the same time as I do have a yearning for the Fletcher, so US line will more than likely get more love than the PA line.

[LHG]
Members
1,190 posts
4,924 battles

I will never stop singing Akatsuki's praises. The only thing holding her back from being completely broken IMO is her bad concealment that only really hinders her against other DDs.

Barring Akizuki, Akatsuki has the best IJN guns tier-for-tier IMO. Yuugumo and Shimakaze have objectively better guns, but they pale in the face of their competition at those tiers while Akatsuki gets better matchmaking.

Akatsuki goes 38 knots, and a smidge under 40 with the flag.

Akatsuki has a versatile and (more importantly) quick-reloading 3x3 torpedo setup. She doesn't need TAE to prop up her torp power to competitive levels unlike the DDs above her, so she can spends the 3 points on something else. She also doesn't have to give up her smoke for her torpedo prowess. The detection on her torpedoes is a bit lacking, but they still travel the fastest and hit the hardest at her tier, a fact that remains relevant despite many claims otherwise.

Again barring Akizuki, Akatsuki's AA can at least pick off a spotter plane occasionally, a minor feat that most others in the tree can't claim.

Akatsuki is by no means perfect, but she will always be my elegant lady.

Also why is she in the "torpboat" line when she is clearly closer to Akizuki in intended gameplay style, while Shiratsuyu in the "gunboat" plays more like Kagerou and Yuugumo with TRB?

Members
603 posts
7,015 battles

Harekaze.......cos I love weebo ship and under age girls as captain

even with short gun range, rather slow speed, marshmellow torpedo (as T8 IJN torp standard), poor health pool. I still love how trolly this ship is.

Like to blast those benson / lo yang who think he can take me while chasing.

still remember those moment which I deal 10k damage to a fletcher and get 2k in return 

Beta Testers
955 posts
3,281 battles
13 hours ago, Lert said:

I feel like Blyskawica suffered quite badly from the DD stealth-fire holocaust. She's not unplayable but a lot of the fun is gone now that you're perma-spotted and focused by the entire enemy team. At tier VII my Sims sees much more action these days since it has long duration smoke and shell arcs that allow you to lob rounds over islands when you don't have to spot. 

Sign in to follow this