Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kestrel_Falcon

Re-module the France

23 comments in this topic

[-TNT-]
Members
225 posts
4,744 battles

WG could re-module the France like the Dunkerque with two mains forward and the 3x3 152s in the rear and call it a day. If anyone plays WoT, you'll remember the FV 215b 183 was the only turret TD on the British line. It didn't make sense to that tech line, so they came out with the badger to replace it. The France is a weird ship that isn't the French flavor.  We can agree that France loves quad turrets, speed and main batteries forward of the superstructure. So how hard would it be to fix it?  I've watched the ship beta testers and I have to wonder why even test them if WG is going to ignore comments.  WG take it to a vote if players want her (France) main batteries forward of the superstructure. So what if Ivan has to burn the midnight oil to get the remodeling done.  It's about happy customers..... right?

Edited by Kestrel_Falcon
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 3

[SF-A]
Members
2,849 posts
5,548 battles

Wait to see how it performs on the live server once open to the public. They'll make a change if one is needed

[-K-]
Members
5,075 posts
8,956 battles

A little too late in the process for a complete ship overhaul, considering these are already being tested in-game.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
5 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Wait to see how it performs on the live server once open to the public. They'll make a change if one is needed

I agree with this and I like the look of the ship so far. I hoping it will be my 1st Tier 10.

[-TNT-]
Members
225 posts
4,744 battles

Mark my words.....2-3 years they'll change it.

Edited by Kestrel_Falcon
  • Bad 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,782 posts
14,856 battles
38 minutes ago, Kestrel_Falcon said:

It's about happy customers..... right?

Apparently, no ... it's all about YOU!

[TBW]
Members
6,342 posts
11,892 battles
18 minutes ago, Kestrel_Falcon said:

As I recall I am a customer.

The customer is always right is an American saying and it never really worked out well here either.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

The design follows the aesthetic placed by Gascogne, the fourth sister of Richelieu that featured a massive change to her design, probably was gonna be named a new class as well.

France simply follows the idea of what if, and continues with that design. (Alsace was designed a while before that, she's irrelevant).

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,742 posts
7,373 battles

So, you want them to have wasted the time and money already invested, just because reasons? Ah, no.

WoWS Wiki Editor
7,216 posts
6,433 battles
1 hour ago, Kestrel_Falcon said:

The France is a weird ship that isn't the French flavor.  We can agree that France loves quad turrets, speed and main batteries forward of the superstructure.

Tier 3:

ffc6d402-06ef-11e8-aabf-d89d6715223c.jpg
Meh...

Tier 4:

feba6fa6-06ef-11e8-adaa-d89d6715223c.jpg
Meh...

Tier 5:

fe516d76-06ef-11e8-91fb-d89d6715223c.jpg
Meh...

Tier 6:

fe5c2efa-06ef-11e8-8f09-d89d6715223c.jpg

Meh...

Tier 7:

fe5f9252-06ef-11e8-aabf-d89d6715223c.jpg
Even the opposite of your 'flavor'...

Tier 8:

richelieu2.jpg?ssl=1
Ahaaaaa!

Tier 9:

99f79cf4-0822-11e8-96ff-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg
More or less... but not really. This is more like the normal layout for a T9 BB.

I don't think that firepower concentrated to the bow is really a French flavor. Especially not if only one of the Tech Tree ship sports that feature. This is like saying that German BBs have the flavor of strong AA, because Gneisenau.

• Cool 1

[-TNT-]
Members
225 posts
4,744 battles
8 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

Tier 3:

ffc6d402-06ef-11e8-aabf-d89d6715223c.jpg
Meh...

Tier 4:

feba6fa6-06ef-11e8-adaa-d89d6715223c.jpg
Meh...

Tier 5:

fe516d76-06ef-11e8-91fb-d89d6715223c.jpg
Meh...

Tier 6:

fe5c2efa-06ef-11e8-8f09-d89d6715223c.jpg

Meh...

Tier 7:

fe5f9252-06ef-11e8-aabf-d89d6715223c.jpg
Even the opposite of your 'flavor'...

Tier 8:

richelieu2.jpg?ssl=1
Ahaaaaa!

Tier 9:

99f79cf4-0822-11e8-96ff-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg
More or less... but not really. This is more like the normal layout for a T9 BB.

I don't think that firepower concentrated to the bow is really a French flavor. Especially not if only one of the Tech Tree ship sports that feature. This is like saying that German BBs have the flavor of strong AA, because Gneisenau.

220px-Dunkerque-206a4020.jpg Cough, Dunkerque and Strasbourg

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,577 posts
3,915 battles
2 hours ago, Kestrel_Falcon said:

If anyone plays WoT, you'll remember the FV 215b 183 was the only turret TD on the British line. It didn't make sense to that tech line, so they came out with the badger to replace it.

No, just no.  They replaced it because the gun on it was so stupid effective it could one shot just about every single tier 8 it faced, and a good deal of the tier 9's.  That abomination should never have been allowed in the game in the first place. 

WoWS Wiki Editor
7,216 posts
6,433 battles
1 hour ago, Kestrel_Falcon said:

220px-Dunkerque-206a4020.jpg Cough, Dunkerque and Strasbourg

So what? Dunkerque is the only one of these two that is in the game. And as a Premium, so there's that.

Even if we include your Dunkerque the ratio of ships with this 'flavor' is anemic at best. There is a total of two ships out of ten that have the guns mounted exclusively forward. That is 20%. And you call this a flavor?

Going by your standards the German Battleships have the flavor of Torpedoes and strong AA.

• Cool 1

[POET]
Members
300 posts
1,784 battles

Seeing as France is a hypothetical 50s design it seems WG was going for the “glorified shore bomber” in this ship. 

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
293 posts

Yeah that's not gonna happen at this point in development.

Beta Testers
1,298 posts
3,583 battles

I think I am only doing up to the tier 9 since the tier 10 looks out of line with the rest of the tree. It's like having Izumo at Tier 10 instead of Yamato.what's France got secondary range yeah we have Glober Kurfurst which has that plus a decent turret layout. Historically Richelieu and Jean Bart were the last French battleships laid down with two forward facing turrets. France may be some design proposal they found and honestly it's not what the French would have laid down. They had" Three projects were studied, the first (project A) with the same quadruple arrangement forward as Richelieu, but different secondary artillery dispositions, the second (project B) with one quadruple turret forward and one quadruple turret aft, the third (project C) with two fore triple turrets and one triple turret aft, in every case with a 380 mm caliber. The project C was leading to an excess of nearly 2500 tons over the limit of 35,000 tons, so it was not proposed to the Chef d'Etat-major Général de la Marine. " This is from the Alsace proposals wg has project c at tier 9 where it would have belonged at tier 10 with project A belonging at tier 9. Then you have a line that makes sense as someone of a strong French lineage I find it silly not to have a proper line. Every time wg  works on French lines they find some way to botch it as they did with France. You just know two years later they will take it out and replace it. Maybe I am overreacting here . but I don't think people want a ship that is uncharacteristic of the whole French BB line. Is Gascogne the tier 8 no it is going to be a premium ship so,  if you want to learn how to play France beforehand you have to get a Graf Spree or get Gascogne which is just sad .Another money grabbing scheme way to go WG guess those of French descent just don't care about what WG is doing to the BB line. Did you know for instance that Izumo had a proposal for a turret arrangement like Nelson, yet Wg chose the awkward turret arrangement that we have in game for Izumo? We need to get people on the Russian forums to get their attention.

Beta Testers
1,298 posts
3,583 battles
On 2/8/2018 at 9:47 AM, Kestrel_Falcon said:

WG could re-module the France like the Dunkerque with two mains forward and the 3x3 152s in the rear and call it a day. If anyone plays WoT, you'll remember the FV 215b 183 was the only turret TD on the British line. It didn't make sense to that tech line, so they came out with the badger to replace it. The France is a weird ship that isn't the French flavor.  We can agree that France loves quad turrets, speed and main batteries forward of the superstructure. So how hard would it be to fix it?  I've watched the ship beta testers and I have to wonder why even test them if WG is going to ignore comments.  WG take it to a vote if players want her (France) main batteries forward of the superstructure. So what if Ivan has to burn the midnight oil to get the remodeling done.  It's about happy customers..... right?

As I said in my previous comments there are proposals for an improved Richelieu with 380 mm guns that they could have stuck at tier 9 and then Alsace at tier 10. WG just chose the gimmicky France for their own reasons. Sad to see we have people downvoting a common sense proposal without explaining themselves. More wg zombies I take it use your common sense people look things up. To the author this was a good post.

Beta Testers
1,298 posts
3,583 battles
On 2/8/2018 at 1:33 PM, SireneRacker said:

So what? Dunkerque is the only one of these two that is in the game. And as a Premium, so there's that.

Even if we include your Dunkerque the ratio of ships with this 'flavor' is anemic at best. There is a total of two ships out of ten that have the guns mounted exclusively forward. That is 20%. And you call this a flavor?

Going by your standards the German Battleships have the flavor of Torpedoes and strong AA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alsace-class_battleship

It's in the proposals for the Alsace class itself

Three projects were studied, the first (project A) with the same quadruple arrangement forward as Richelieu, but different secondary artillery dispositions, the second (project B) with one quadruple turret forward and one quadruple turret aft, the third (project C) with two fore triple turrets and one triple turret aft, in every case with a 380 mm caliber. The project C was leading to an excess of nearly 2500 tons over the limit of 35,000 tons, so it was not proposed to the Chef d'Etat-major Général de la Marine.

[AXANR]
Members
3,357 posts
16,533 battles
On 2/8/2018 at 11:28 AM, Kestrel_Falcon said:

So am I. And I think it's fine as-is. We cancel each other out. Go sit down. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,385 posts
10,165 battles
On 2/8/2018 at 11:28 AM, Kestrel_Falcon said:

I am a customer too and say hell no to more all guns forward BB's.

Hate them. No desire to play them at all. I free XP'd right past Izumo because it had zero appeal to me. Even though I have Missouri and Musashi, and could get Nelson if I wanted to, I have zero interest in it because all guns forward. I have a Dunk and a Richelieu because of Santa and the ongoing event. Only way they made it in my port. 

These ships are odd and weird. They have a limited appeal to most players (I think anyway). Making the T10 another one, or making it a T9 and moving the current T9 to T10, would limit the line's appeal to a larger number of players than we currently have who don't like that the T10 is an traditional layout. Speaking for me anyway if the T10 was an all guns forward ship I would not bother going there like I will now. And I would have Free XP'd over Richelieu on the way if I hadn't earned it free.

But you don't have to go sit down like the guy ^^^ said. You have a right to your opinion even if it is wrong (:Smile_teethhappy:)

Sign in to follow this