Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
wildcat18

Turrets

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
395 posts

I know you can hold the right mouse button and look around without moving your turrets. The one thing I wish I could do is lock my stern and/or port/starboard turrets while I fire my bow turret. I don't need all my turrets turning to one side when I am not going to fire them. It would be nice to have  control of what turret turns and what one don't turn until I need them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,062 posts
25,648 battles
4 minutes ago, wildcat18 said:

I know you can hold the right mouse button and look around without moving your turrets. The one thing I wish I could do is lock my stern and/or port/starboard turrets while I fire my bow turret. I don't need all my turrets turning to one side when I am not going to fire them. It would be nice to have  control of what turret turns and what one don't turn until I need them. 

It has been well known the game uses a outdated game engine and this will not be available untill some changes are made to the engine (which will most likely be the result of making a newer copy pasta of the game called warships 2.0)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
395 posts
2 minutes ago, RiverTheIdiot said:

It has been well known the game uses a outdated game engine and this will not be available untill some changes are made to the engine (which will most likely be the result of making a newer copy pasta of the game called warships 2.0)

Oh well. I will deal with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,857 posts
9,224 battles
2 hours ago, wildcat18 said:

I know you can hold the right mouse button and look around without moving your turrets. The one thing I wish I could do is lock my stern and/or port/starboard turrets while I fire my bow turret. I don't need all my turrets turning to one side when I am not going to fire them. It would be nice to have  control of what turret turns and what one don't turn until I need them. 

Yea this topic has been brought up a few other times. Would be nice to be able to move the turrets separately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,709
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
6,051 posts

Two words:

Focused

Fire

 

Perhaps I should expand on this just a little.  The more ordinance is focused on a single target, the faster that target is sunk, the fewer objectives it can achieve. Splitting your attention between targets would be less effective than maximizing the ordinance brought to bear on one target.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
395 posts
On 2/9/2018 at 11:22 AM, Quaffer said:

Two words:

Focused

Fire

 

Perhaps I should expand on this just a little.  The more ordinance is focused on a single target, the faster that target is sunk, the fewer objectives it can achieve. Splitting your attention between targets would be less effective than maximizing the ordinance brought to bear on one target.

That really is not where I was going with this. Reason I say this is if I am bow on to a ship I would like my stern turrets in the neutral position until I decide which way I will be turning to get behind an island or change course. If my stern turret is facing port and I go starboard it takes awhile for that stern turret to come around. Thats kinda my reason for asking.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18
[BS]
[BS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
151 posts
6,530 battles

It doesn't have anything to do with the game engine, and Quaffer seems a bit backwards with his reasoning. But yea, this has been asked for since the beginning times.

The issue is (at least as I recall) giving independent control of the fore/aft turrets would create ship balance issues. It also complicates the controls a bit more than WarGaming seems to approve of. A BB (or any class ship, for that matter) which is able to focus on two ships, aiming simultaneously at two locations, could be an extremely difficult force to be reckoned with.

 

It would be nice I think, but I doubt we'll be getting this any time soon ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,858
[PVE]
Members
20,315 posts
13,642 battles
10 hours ago, Wodyo said:

It doesn't have anything to do with the game engine, and Quaffer seems a bit backwards with his reasoning. But yea, this has been asked for since the beginning times.

The issue is (at least as I recall) giving independent control of the fore/aft turrets would create ship balance issues. It also complicates the controls a bit more than WarGaming seems to approve of. A BB (or any class ship, for that matter) which is able to focus on two ships, aiming simultaneously at two locations, could be an extremely difficult force to be reckoned with.

 

It would be nice I think, but I doubt we'll be getting this any time soon ever.

 

With careful angling and reasonably fast turrets, you can do this now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,709
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
6,051 posts

While you wait for WG to implement your suggestion the following link may be informative:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
559 posts
5,467 battles

I, too, do not like how the turrets are constantly aiming at nothing unless you hold down the right mouse button. I tried locking them on a sector, but it's a sector of the map, not a sector of the ship. It might be neat if they would lock on a target. I feel like I have to hold down the right mouse button all the time, which is exasperating and not fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×