You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
wildcat18

So far so good WG

30 comments in this topic

Members
218 posts

Little over 600 battles and so far so good. Game has a lot to choose from depending on your taste. I think WG did a pretty good job setting this up. Why anyone would complain about anything in this game baffles me. Everyone has a place they can go and play, enjoy it for what it is. Go sink some ships and have fun, carry on.

• Cool 12

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,829 posts

There will be some haters complaining about this or that.  But overall, it is a very entertaining game.

• Cool 1

Members
218 posts
4 minutes ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

Far better then Tanks~ If only I spent my money here kappa~

I could not have said it any better

[WPP]
Members
461 posts
5,152 battles
10 minutes ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

Same.  Spent about $100 on Tanks around Christmas, got the “We Miss You so here’s a Cesare” from Ships, and haven’t played a game of Tanks in a month.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
16 minutes ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

I never played Tanks or Warplanes, I just do not have that much interest in Tanks. After you see a Battleship in real life, Tanks are not that impressive at least for me. Airplanes I might someday, once I find a cheap fight stick.

Before I installed WoWs, I had two other games installed - Lord of the Rings Online, and Guild Wars 2, I would play one - get tired of it, then play the one. Now it is just WoWs, should never let a old Navy man near a game about ships:cap_haloween:

Edited by Chaos_EN2
  • Cool 2

[CLAN]
Beta Testers
203 posts
10,893 battles

Played Tanks (on Xbox from CBT) until I was invited to CBT warships. Once this went live, I really haven't played Tanks since. Love the balance of this game and that the outcome of every round is due more to the skill of the players the teamwork (or lack thereof) in you particular round. 

[OSG]
Beta Testers
1,350 posts
14,793 battles
2 hours ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

I never played Tanks or Warplanes, I just do not have that much interest in Tanks. After you see a Battleship in real life, Tanks are not that impressive at least for me. Airplanes I might someday, once I find a cheap fight stick.

Before I installed WoWs, I had two other games installed - Lord of the Rings Online, and Guild Wars 2, I would play one - get tired of it, then play the one. Now it is just WoWs, should never let a old Navy man near a game about ships:cap_haloween:

I played Warplanes a lot when it first came out and you definitely do not need a flight stick to play it.  It plays just fine with a mouse and keyboard and many players played it that way when I was into that game..  I did quit playing it when Warships came out because so few players were still playing Warplanes and Warships is a very good game. 

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
36 minutes ago, wildcat18 said:

Little over 600 battles and so far so good. Game has a lot to choose from depending on your taste. I think WG did a pretty good job setting this up. Why anyone would complain about anything in this game baffles me. Everyone has a place they can go and play, enjoy it for what it is. Go sink some ships and have fun, carry on.

Its broken.

• Bad 4

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,356 posts
11,507 battles
37 minutes ago, wildcat18 said:

Glad you are enjoying the game.

If you had played IJN destroyers before they split.....

If you had played US destroyers before open water STEALTH fire....

If you had played Cleveland in Beta...

If you had played Ocean epicenter....

There has been a lot of bad things fixed and a lot of great things,player perspective, BALANCED...

Overall, the current version is still fun, some ships not so much anymore...

[WGA]
Administrator
667 posts
249 battles

Glad you are enjoying it!  600 battles is certainly a pretty decent investment in a game and we're glad you've stuck around!

Members
218 posts
22 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

Glad you are enjoying it!  600 battles is certainly a pretty decent investment in a game and we're glad you've stuck around!

Thank you Sir

Members
9,876 posts
2 hours ago, wildcat18 said:

A single game in random hardly qualifies as an informed opinion....:Smile_teethhappy:

Members
218 posts
3 minutes ago, awiggin said:

A single game in random hardly qualifies as an informed opinion....:Smile_teethhappy:

I am sorry, I did  not know I had to check with you before giving my opinion about the game. It won't happen again, ill be sure and check with you first ok?

• Funny 3

[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,257 battles
2 hours ago, galspanic said:

Same.  Spent about $100 on Tanks around Christmas, got the “We Miss You so here’s a Cesare” from Ships, and haven’t played a game of Tanks in a month.

Love that ship. Great for it's tier. I have my best win percentage in it. Moves like a heavy cruiser.

[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,257 battles
17 minutes ago, wildcat18 said:

I am sorry, I did  not know I had to check with you before giving my opinion about the game. It won't happen again, ill be sure and check with you first ok?

Don't worry wildcat, some are a bit salty. Welcome to the game man.

Members
218 posts
2 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Don't worry wildcat, some are a bit salty. Welcome to the game man.

Thanks and i am a WG player from 2011 so I know how some people are :cap_like:

Members
17,854 posts
5,099 battles
2 hours ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Airplanes I might someday, once I find a cheap fight stick.

Don't let that stop you. You don't actually "fly" the plane anyway, so much as tell the pilot where to fly. (takes a little bit to get used to if you play sims) It (and WT) are great games for those who don't (or can't) get into sim-type flight games, but want to play an aerial combat game.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
2 hours ago, Merc85 said:

I played Warplanes a lot when it first came out and you definitely do not need a flight stick to play it.  It plays just fine with a mouse and keyboard and many players played it that way when I was into that game..  I did quite playing it when Warships came out because so few players were still playing Warplanes and Warships is a very good game. 

4 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Don't let that stop you. You don't actually "fly" the plane anyway, so much as tell the pilot where to fly. (takes a little bit to get used to if you play sims) It (and WT) are great games for those who don't (or can't) get into sim-type flight games, but want to play an aerial combat game.

Thank you both for the info.

It will be a long time before I try Warplanes, Tanks I just have no interest in really. I mean my 1st ship - El Paso could pick Tanks with its 100 ton boom, and ships and the USN was a long time interest of mine, my bedroom used to have ship models all around it.

[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
272 posts
8,398 battles

@wildcat18 Your still new so the excitement has not worn off yet, but glad you enjoy the game, wait until you have about 7000 battles then tell us how you feel.

Members
218 posts
1 minute ago, Sere_Pj said:

@wildcat18 Your still new so the excitement has not worn off yet, but glad you enjoy the game, wait until you have about 7000 battles then tell us how you feel.

I got over 15,000 battles in WOT so I know the system so to speak. WOWS is a huge improvement over WOT. But now I have to wait till I reach the 7,000 battles here before I can tell you that grrrrrrrrr

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,144 posts
9,254 battles
5 hours ago, Radar_X said:

Speaking of Battles...... Looks like you need to find the time for more! :Smile_izmena:

• Funny 1

Members
343 posts
6,782 battles
6 hours ago, awiggin said:

Don't mind the people who like to find anything "wrong" to put you down.

Having said that, Random Battles are quite a different experience than Co-op. There's a lot more unpredictability (good and bad) in the way play develops and battles can be much more intense. The XP and monetary rewards are much higher, so there is that.

Still, I often find myself playing Co-op and especially Operations when the salt, silliness, and downright stupidity you get in randoms becomes too frustrating. If you like Co-op, you'll love Operations once you get some ships of the correct tier to play them (usually 6 or 7). They last longer and the rewards can be quite good. I recently had this whale of a game on Narai, for example. Not bad for having no flags and a non-premium account.

shot-18.02.05_22.14.01-0169.jpg

Members
1,790 posts
17,418 battles
8 hours ago, Jarink said:

Not bad for having no flags and a non-premium account.

Figi against bots...you should be ashamed of yourself ( I know I feel ashamed when I use it against bots...& I even feel kinda sorry for them)...it's just so cruel. 

[ARGSY]
Members
5,888 posts
4,002 battles
20 hours ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Its broken.

Go play something else then, Grumpy Cat. You won't be missed.