You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Colonel_Lonewolf

German Premiums

24 comments in this topic

[ODIN]
[ODIN]
Members
456 posts
13,203 battles

Both T61 and Z39 are up coming destroyer premiums. 

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,986 battles
12 minutes ago, OstwindFlakpanzer said:

Germany needs a bunch more premiums.

I want SMS blucher

I want SMS Seydlitz

Blucher was a flawed design and seydiltz well being a battlecruiser she would be listed as a Battleship. And those 10 11" guns.... ouch 26kmt speed? Damn. This thing would be lucky to be in tier 3 let alone tier 4..... 

however there is already 4 premium german cruisers released, three german battleships,  two german destoryers (Z-34 and T-61) and finally a german aircraft carrier.

untill we get these ships i doubt youll see much. As for me i eould love to see Karlshure/lepzieg/koln. Possible D class cruiser (improved graf spee).

31 minutes ago, Colonel_Lonewolf said:

Germany needs a premium DD as well as a premium CL/CA and soon.

It has two premium DD's being supertested (Z-34 and T-61) and currently has emden/prinz eugen/graf spee/ HSF graf Spee. Is has them and tey dont really need more right away although koln and karlshure (the sisterships of the konigsberg would be nice to see

Edited by RiverTheIdiot

[PNP]
Members
391 posts
2,844 battles

You want a premium German DD? Wait for the T-61. Its been delayed for some time, but it will come soon™.

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,986 battles
Just now, RighteousRhyno said:

You want a premium German DD? Wait for the T-61. Its been delayed for some time, but it will come soon™.

Or the z-31 now that i think of it i think z-31 is a replacement for t-61 since they cant balance it

[PVE]
Members
8,964 posts
7,305 battles

Aww, I was hoping to get both the T-61 Soon DD and the Z-39 Someday DD. :Smile_teethhappy: I  would like them both.

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,986 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

Aww, I was hoping to get both the T-61 Soon DD and the Z-39 Someday DD. :Smile_teethhappy: I  would like them both.

Same, z-31 looks like a german blyskwacia. And LOL that thing is fun note 1/4 he pen and fire chance ples

Edited by RiverTheIdiot

[SALVO]
Members
16,704 posts
17,308 battles
14 minutes ago, RiverTheIdiot said:

Blucher was a flawed design and seydiltz well being a battlecruiser she would be listed as a Battleship. And those 10 11" guns.... ouch 26kmt speed? Damn. This thing would be lucky to be in tier 3 let alone tier 4..... 

however there is already 4 premium german cruisers released, three german battleships,  two german destoryers (Z-34 and T-61) and finally a german aircraft carrier.

untill we get these ships i doubt youll see much. As for me i eould love to see Karlshure/lepzieg/koln. Possible D class cruiser (improved graf spee).

It has two premium DD's being supertested (Z-34 and T-61) and currently has emden/prinz eugen/graf spee/ HSF graf Spee. Is has them and tey dont really need more right away although koln and karlshure (the sisterships of the konigsberg would be nice to see

I would hardly say that Germany has 3 premium cruisers.  First of all, I don't even count anything below tier 4 or 5, and definitely not tier 2's.  Secondly, I sure don't count a 100% total clone of a premium ship, i.e. the Spee and the HSF Spee.

So, in my book, there are only really 2 German premium cruisers, the Graf Spee and the Prinz Eugen.  And another one would be nice, as long as it's not a damned clone of an existing ship.

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,986 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

I would hardly say that Germany has 3 premium cruisers.  First of all, I don't even count anything below tier 4 or 5, and definitely not tier 2's.  Secondly, I sure don't count a 100% total clone of a premium ship, i.e. the Spee and the HSF Spee.

So, in my book, there are only really 2 German premium cruisers, the Graf Spee and the Prinz Eugen.  And another one would be nice, as long as it's not a damned clone of an existing ship.

Well its not about what you care to think. Its about what the game devs care to think. Universe doesnt revolve around you

• Bad 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,704 posts
17,308 battles
3 minutes ago, RiverTheIdiot said:

Well its not about what you care to think. Its about what the game devs care to think. Universe doesnt revolve around you

Wow.  Way to be a jerk.

I doubt that the game devs see the Spee and HSF Spee as different German ships, except for the purpose of database records.  They know that anyone with a functioning brain will see that they're the same damned ship.  

Also, I'm fairly certain that they see that there's not much value to very low tier premium ships.  They can't sell them for much, and hardly anyone plays them anyways.  They're little more than port queens to look at.

So like I said before, that leaves only 2 ships, the Spee and Eugen.  Deal with it.

And BTW, the Blucher wasn't a flawed design.  I'm sure that for an "armored cruiser", it was a perfectly good design.  The Blucher's failing was that the German navy didn't understand or know that the armored cruiser concept was about to be made obsolete by the battlecruiser concept.  In game, I see no reason why the Blucher couldn't make a perfectly acceptable premium cruiser, probably at tier 3 or possibly tier 4.  It would be  fairly fast and very well armed for a cruiser at those tiers, and even with her layout, I see no reason she couldn't perform well in WoWS, particularly as a cruiser.  But if called a BB, then ya, it would definitely underperform unless called a tier 2 BB, and there it might have a chance to hold its own.

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,227 posts
6,433 battles
26 minutes ago, RiverTheIdiot said:

More like three Cruisers, since two of them are just clones of each other.

The T-61 has been delayed several times now, she should've been released in December iirc. Z-39 is still faaaaaar away. And don't start with Graf Zeppelin :Smile_teethhappy:

[-V1-]
Members
157 posts
5,688 battles
46 minutes ago, OstwindFlakpanzer said:

Germany needs a bunch more premiums.

I want SMS blucher

I want SMS Seydlitz

SMS Blucher

Only if there is a french ship ( Grouchy ) to chase it around

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,986 battles
4 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

More like three Cruisers, since two of them are just clones of each other.

The T-61 has been delayed several times now, she should've been released in December iirc. Z-39 is still faaaaaar away. And don't start with Graf Zeppelin :Smile_teethhappy:

10 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Wow.  Way to be a jerk.

I doubt that the game devs see the Spee and HSF Spee as different German ships, except for the purpose of database records.  They know that anyone with a functioning brain will see that they're the same damned ship.  

Also, I'm fairly certain that they see that there's not much value to very low tier premium ships.  They can't sell them for much, and hardly anyone plays them anyways.  They're little more than port queens to look at.

So like I said before, that leaves only 2 ships, the Spee and Eugen.  Deal with it.

And BTW, the Blucher wasn't a flawed design.  I'm sure that for an "armored cruiser", it was a perfectly good design.  The Blucher's failing was that the German navy didn't understand or know that the armored cruiser concept was about to be made obsolete by the battlecruiser concept.  In game, I see no reason why the Blucher couldn't make a perfectly acceptable premium cruiser, probably at tier 3 or possibly tier 4.  It would be  fairly fast and very well armed for a cruiser at those tiers, and even with her layout, I see no reason she couldn't perform well in WoWS, particularly as a cruiser.  But if called a BB, then ya, it would definitely underperform unless called a tier 2 BB, and there it might have a chance to hold its own.

I know the T-61 was delayed forever and thats why i stated in my other post that i suggested it was a balancing issue. Thats why it may go into Tone/kitakami/Kidd scenerio... and then Z-31 just will just replace it. Dont matter if there clones. They are still classified as different ships in game. Im not that much of an idiot. But however OP wanted to german cruisers and listed it for him. 

Also battlecruisers are in the game designated as battleships. Thats why i said it's a flawed design. It wont and is incapable of doing battleship stuff. Who knows maybe it can become mikasa's counterpart.

also i was being a jerk to prove a point. It dont matter if you view the cruisers like they dont exist. But its still in the game and cant be ignored.

[SALVO]
Members
16,704 posts
17,308 battles
26 minutes ago, RiverTheIdiot said:

Also battlecruisers are in the game designated as battleships. Thats why i said it's a flawed design. It wont and is incapable of doing battleship stuff. Who knows maybe it can become mikasa's counterpart.

also i was being a jerk to prove a point. It dont matter if you view the cruisers like they dont exist. But its still in the game and cant be ignored.

Except that the Blucher wasn't called a battlecruiser.  It was called an armored cruiser.  Also, while there's no doubt that it was obsolete when built, calling it a flawed design based on in-game things is wrong.  Its historical design should be judged on historical circumstance, not in-game ones.  But you are correct to say that it is quite likely in capable of "doing BB stuff", unless perhaps it was placed as a tier 2 BB.  Frankly, I'd rather it was placed as a tier 3 or 4 cruiser.

As for being a jerk, you missed the real point.  it was MY OPINION being stated.  And I have a right to state that opinion, as long as I stick to the forum rules, which of course, I did.

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,227 posts
6,433 battles
5 minutes ago, RiverTheIdiot said:

I know the T-61 was delayed forever and thats why i stated in my other post that i suggested it was a balancing issue. Thats why it may go into Tone/kitakami/Kidd scenerio... and then Z-31 just will just replace it. Dont matter if there clones. They are still classified as different ships in game. Im not that much of an idiot. But however OP wanted to german cruisers and listed it for him.

The announced T8 German Premium Destroyer is Z-39, not Z-31.

https://thedailybounce.net/2018/02/07/world-of-warships-0-7-2-supertest-german-destroyer-z-39-details/

And it's not unreasonable to ask for German Premium Cruisers. I mean compare the German Cruisers to, let's say, the American Cruisers.

Germany gets three (or four).

USA gets: Albany, Marblehead (and Marblehead Lima, so it doesn't matter if you count HSF Spee or not since the USN has a similar case), Indianapolis, Atlanta, Flint, Salem on the way. So five, or six if you want.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,123 posts
18,640 battles

With the new T8 KM DD we will probably never see the T-61 again.

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,986 battles
15 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

The announced T8 German Premium Destroyer is Z-39, not Z-31.

https://thedailybounce.net/2018/02/07/world-of-warships-0-7-2-supertest-german-destroyer-z-39-details/

And it's not unreasonable to ask for German Premium Cruisers. I mean compare the German Cruisers to, let's say, the American Cruisers.

Germany gets three (or four).

USA gets: Albany, Marblehead (and Marblehead Lima, so it doesn't matter if you count HSF Spee or not since the USN has a similar case), Indianapolis, Atlanta, Flint, Salem on the way. So five, or six if you want.

Ahh crapsorry i missed the last l on Vlll. Eh russia. Gets diana, oleg, varyarg, aurora, kransy krym, murmansk, admiral makarov, molotov, kutuzov, kronsdalt. (not counting the should be cruiser okhotnik.)

russian gets 10 because bias.

edit: i also stated i would like to see german cruisers i.e: karlshure, koln, lepzieg, o class, d class. But i stated we wont get any for a while with the amount of german premiums in the works

Edited by RiverTheIdiot
  • Cool 1

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,986 battles
3 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

With the new T8 KM DD we will probably never see the T-61 again.

Agreed. The gready russians got to greedy and are trying to cover their crapup

[TF-60]
Members
70 posts
7,069 battles

I still think the t61 will make an appearance at some point soon--it hasn't been removed from the wiki, and Zerra said something about it coming out soon on a video earlier this week

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,227 posts
6,433 battles
32 minutes ago, RiverTheIdiot said:

Ahh crapsorry i missed the last l on Vlll. Eh russia. Gets diana, oleg, varyarg, aurora, kransy krym, murmansk, admiral makarov, molotov, kutuzov, kronsdalt. (not counting the should be cruiser okhotnik.)

russian gets 10 because bias.

edit: i also stated i would like to see german cruisers i.e: karlshure, koln, lepzieg, o class, d class. But i stated we wont get any for a while with the amount of german premiums in the works

I would've found it unfair to compare the German Cruisers to a Premium line which is oversaturated (like the USN BBs), so I 'just' picked the American Cruisers.