Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
enderland07

If you feel like people are too negative/salty, make sure you use your compliments daily

43 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

678
[MIA-A]
Members
1,968 posts
6,570 battles

Something I've noticed is that a lot of people seem to find the game negative or players salty/etc. If this is you and it bothers you, I have a suggestion:

  • Try to use your daily compliments

This can either be for someone who plays well, is nice in chat, or whatever. See someone on a team with way more xp than the rest of the team? Throw a compliment their way. See something teamplay related? +1 them.

I find that the game is a lot more enjoyable when I am looking for positives rather than negatives.

  • Cool 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40
[CS7]
Members
75 posts
4,946 battles

Thumbs up to this, and to every WOWS player who strives to be a positive influence in the community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
213
[PS1HQ]
Members
621 posts

make sure you use all your negatives too.  especially on dd players that die 30 seconds into the match.  of course save a couple for the bottom point scorer on your teams as well.  

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
678
[MIA-A]
Members
1,968 posts
6,570 battles
1 minute ago, OstwindFlakpanzer said:

make sure you use all your negatives too.  especially on dd players that die 30 seconds into the match.  of course save a couple for the bottom point scorer on your teams as well.  

Dude get out of here. People like you who are sarcastic and obnoxious add nothing to the community and just are a negative.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
186
[BNKR]
Members
411 posts
2,433 battles

Great suggestion.

neMiIbH.gif

I make sure to use up all of my positive reports each time I play, trying to give reds about half of them when possible. (Also try to bring some levity into chat most of the time ... not always ... but mostly. :Smile_teethhappy: )

I save my negs for AFKers or those being toxic, and the latter requires you to be SUPER toxic. I mean, folks get frustrated, so I get it and ignore most of it (especially since I rarely get any directed at me, though I'm sure that will change as I move up the tiers :cap_like: ). 

 

Edited by MajorEnglush

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
290
[CK5]
Members
781 posts
6,227 battles

The OP has a good suggestion.  Passing out compliments doesn't get rid of the salty players but it seems to help tolerate them by concentrating on the positive players.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
359
[DAY]
Members
1,154 posts
11,500 battles

i make sure i keep an eye on both

people with significantly more XP than me when i didnt mess up gets a comp

people that TK/AFK/troll div gets a report

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,014
[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,781 battles

I agree wholeheartedly with the OP and others. I used to use my karma points to report bad behavior but after a while, it seemed pointless. Now I rarely do that, someone has to be pretty bad in chat before I down vote them and I do mean bad, not just salty. When someone is helpful or nice to other players or when a team member does something really good that swings the tide of battle to our favor, I up vote them. We often focus on the the bad behavior of the minority of players in the game (mostly because they tend to be loud and obnoxious) and forget that by a large margin, our fellow players are pleasant, well behaved, wonderful people who are enjoying the same game that we like to spend time playing. I am probably as guilty as most about fixating on few bad apples, but for the absolute most part, I really like playing with you people. Cept for the red players... QUIT SHOOTING AT ME!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,584
[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,294 battles
42 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Dude get out of here. People like you who are sarcastic and obnoxious add nothing to the community and just are a negative.

He has as much right to express his opinion as you do.  Deal with it.

 

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
678
[MIA-A]
Members
1,968 posts
6,570 battles
25 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

The OP has a good suggestion.  Passing out compliments doesn't get rid of the salty players but it seems to help tolerate them by concentrating on the positive players.  

You see what you want to see. Every researched a new car you might buy? Suddenly you see them everywhere! It's not like they weren't there before, you just started noticing them.

Same thing is true here. If you try to use compliments you will start seeing a lot more good actions in game and the bad/obnoxious will bother you less.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,038
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,165 posts
8,772 battles
3 minutes ago, BullpupWOT said:

Do they even know you've complimented them though?  

I know they do if you use it while they are still in the match.

2 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

You see what you want to see. Every researched a new car you might buy? Suddenly you see them everywhere! It's not like they weren't there before, you just started noticing them.

Same thing is true here. If you try to use compliments you will start seeing a lot more good actions in game and the bad/obnoxious will bother you less.

This, if you look for negative that is what you will find but if you look for positive that is what you will find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
678
[MIA-A]
Members
1,968 posts
6,570 battles
6 minutes ago, BullpupWOT said:

Do they even know you've complimented them though?  

It shows up as a notification in afterbattle reports often. 

It's probably not as great of a system as it could be. But it shows up in the logs, either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,819 posts
52 minutes ago, OstwindFlakpanzer said:

make sure you use all your negatives too.  especially on dd players that die 30 seconds into the match.  of course save a couple for the bottom point scorer on your teams as well.  

Thank you for clearly showing why players who are less skilled SHOULD NOT play pvp. 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
92
[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
Just now, Kconvey_1 said:

Thank you for clearly showing why players who are less skilled SHOULD NOT play pvp. 

Oh no...not again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
841 posts
4,880 battles

Not only do I use my daily allotment of compliments, I also mention in open chat whenever I give one out.

[A good rule of thumb - congratulate publicly, admonish privately.]

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
121 posts
1,519 battles

I always try to compliment a carrier that does well or someone I had an intense one on one duel with. I figure that the carrier probably gets a lotta hate, so they definitely need the encouragement, while the player I just had the aforementioned duel with definitely made the match enjoyable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
678
[MIA-A]
Members
1,968 posts
6,570 battles
Just now, BullpupWOT said:

Oh no...not again. 

Some people just have to rain on every parade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
678
[MIA-A]
Members
1,968 posts
6,570 battles
Just now, CRGKevin said:

I always try to compliment a carrier that does well or someone I had an intense one on one duel with. I figure that the carrier probably gets a lotta hate, so they definitely need the encouragement, while the player I just had the aforementioned duel with definitely made the match enjoyable. 

I normally compliment my team CV if they are average or above. For basically the same reason.

Same with opposing CVs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,819 posts
15 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Some people just have to rain on every parade.

look at the post that started that comment, seriously look at it. He says to hand out reprimands to the lowest scorer. 

Seriously in every single match, there is a lowest scorer, no matter how good the players are or arent.

Then people actually have the nerve to be surprised when we call pvp players toxic.

Edited by Kconvey_1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

i  had a newer player in myogi   in my match  (I was in Oct Rev)     near the end of the match,  he really wasn't doing much so i asked him to try to ram one of the two BBs and he tried.    this allowed our other BB to kill both as myogi was able to tank bunch of dam (he was pretty fresh ).     we ended up winning because of this and  I gave him a positive feedback.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
678
[MIA-A]
Members
1,968 posts
6,570 battles
1 minute ago, Kconvey_1 said:

look at the post that started that comment, seriously look at it. He says to hand out reprimands to the lowest scorer. 

Seriously in every single match, there is a lowest scorer, no matter how good the players are or arent.

image.png

Edited by enderland07

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×