You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Canadatron

Did WG Just ASSUME...

36 comments in this topic

[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles

My Port preference? Marseilles? No thanks. WG, Get OUT OF MY LIFE.

Take heed WARGAMING! I moved out of my parents house last week for the same reason. I am 36, I don't need them telling me what to do anymore.  #grownup

• Cool 2
  • Funny 22
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles

And this surprised you? They doing that everytime they add a new port.  You must be new here

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[SHAFT]
Members
161 posts
9,984 battles
8 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

My Port preference? Marseilles? No thanks. WG, Get OUT OF MY LIFE.

Take heed WARGAMING! I moved out of my parents house last week for the same reason. I am 36, I don't need them telling me what to do anymore.  #grownup

Thank you...needed a morning chuckle....

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Members
8,809 posts
5 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

And this surprised you? They doing that everytime they add a new port.  You must be new here

Hehe this, I'm pretty certain the OP is being sarcastic which is a good way to start off the day :cap_like: Though apparently to change the port back is a long and arduous task. You must club 100 baby seals with a Mikasa. Then you must play 150 battles in the Emerald. Finally you must cap in a CV 50 times. Also, during this set of tasks you much not do any team damage or you start over.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[RKLES]
Members
7,101 posts
8,751 battles

Ok calm down Wargaming just is letting you know there is a new port. Now follow these steps...

Now inhale and exhale.

Reach out and place hand on the mouse.

now click on the blue anchor icon in port

sekect the desired port.

now the crisis is resolved.

:Smile_teethhappy:

Members
630 posts
4,132 battles

And stop calling my ship a SHE! Until my ship has stated it's preferred pronoun, it is a ZHE.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,743 posts
3,925 battles
42 minutes ago, Jiggiwatt said:

Until my ship has stated it's preferred pronoun, it is a ZHE.

In Russia, ship is male. :Smile_popcorn:

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,773 posts
12,881 battles

My last game before the latest patch was in the Bismarck.  I load up yesterday to find my Bismarck in a  French port.  I'm like..."Hey...what's that Biz doing in France"?  Then, I think about it for a moment.....and I'm like..."Nice motif WG...nice motif".

• Funny 2

Members
1,237 posts
20,604 battles

They're just showing you the new port.  Choose a different one - takes about 10 sec.

Could someone tell me how I can properly view the ports?  In random battles after I die I can hit the ctrl key and float around over the map and move around it.  How do I do that in port so I can see all the stuff?

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,943 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

Hehe this, I'm pretty certain the OP is being sarcastic which is a good way to start off the day :cap_like: Though apparently to change the port back is a long and arduous task. You must club 100 baby seals with a Mikasa. Then you must play 150 battles in the Emerald. Finally you must cap in a CV 50 times. Also, during this set of tasks you much not do any team damage or you start over.

Emreald is probably my favorite tier 5 cruiser along with furutaka/kirov

Members
2,274 posts
7,324 battles

Just change the port back to the one you like... WG is nly showing to you that there is a new port. 

[ARGSY]
Members
5,743 posts
3,925 battles
7 minutes ago, RiverTheIdiot said:

Emreald is probably my favorite tier 5 cruiser along with furutaka/kirov

Would it still be your favourite if it were your ONLY T5 cruiser? :Smile_hiding: That grind was painful; only the promise of a free Vampire (driven by my nationality and my young daughter's love of bats) drove me on. I still take mine out for a bit of fun occasionally, but it's with that sense of relief which comes with having moved past her.

[WGA]
Administrator
661 posts
249 battles

Alexa, please change Canadatron's port to Marseilles.  Also please favorite all Tier 3 BB's and remove all other favorites. 

• Funny 9

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,943 battles
13 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Would it still be your favourite if it were your ONLY T5 cruiser? :Smile_hiding: That grind was painful; only the promise of a free Vampire (driven by my nationality and my young daughter's love of bats) drove me on. I still take mine out for a bit of fun occasionally, but it's with that sense of relief which comes with having moved past her.

Yes. It would. As it stand this is a list of my favorite cruisers.

hindenburg-moskva-des moines-perth-minotaur-fiji-belfast-kutu-atlanta-atago-emreald-myoko-furutaka-duca-kirov-schors-kransy kyrm

-

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,943 battles
6 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

Alexa, please change Canadatron's port to Marseilles.  Also please favorite all Tier 3 BB's and remove all other favorites. 

Ahaha, at least some WG dev's have humor

Members
3,360 posts
3,915 battles

Yeah. I'm deeply committed to the drydock scene. It's obviously supposed to be southern or central California, the lighting is perfect, there are trains, you get to see the whole hull - all those things by themselves make it the best port, and yet they are combined into one. 

[ARGSY]
Members
5,743 posts
3,925 battles
5 minutes ago, RiverTheIdiot said:

Yes. It would.

Masochist. :Smile_teethhappy: (I'd love to know why, and what your secret is. I was glad to be out of her and into the Leander, but I have higher priorities right now than getting back into her to see what really makes her hum sweetly.)

[BLUMR]
Members
2,048 posts
6,943 battles
11 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Masochist. :Smile_teethhappy: (I'd love to know why, and what your secret is. I was glad to be out of her and into the Leander, but I have higher priorities right now than getting back into her to see what really makes her hum sweetly.)

Emreald, perth and leander all get the hilarous maneuverabilty like a dd. easy to dodge shots. Get rudder mod on perth/leander cant remember if you can get it or not but any how you want EM. Cuz your WASD keys are going to fall off you keyboard. Secondly your going to want all the range you can muster. Work on a concealment build so you can go dark with ease. Then stay 12ish km from the target. Get fimiullar with the shell arcs. "Im used to 5"/38's so its easy for me." Then dont shoot at dd's beyond 11km "your just not going to hit them" cruisers beyond 12km iis a lost cause. You want to also get some meat bag's to use for shields. Bait some dd's and cruisers out in front but be careful even when your in the back and detected that someone is ALWAYS shooting at you. Always keep turning and moving. I like to start the battle going 1/2 speed and once i see my uncomig sheels light up i use emrealds unreal speed accelerationto G T F O of there. Never solo anything unless you absolutely have to. BB's starting to really focus you go dark! Play smart. Sometimes its good on a island with a lot of maps to stragicially place yourself behind a island and ambush a BB point blank since you have 8 torpedos a side.

also yes.... i do belive that i like hard to play ships for that reason lewd. Just kinda a thing for me

Edited by RiverTheIdiot

[-K-]
Members
5,061 posts
8,938 battles

36 and just moving out from parents house? :Smile_amazed:

I guess that helps explain the tone of the OP.

[7RET]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
114 posts
6,257 battles
43 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

Well played

Members
17,764 posts
5,084 battles
2 hours ago, Lillehuntrix said:

"Mom, you put away my laundry wrong!"

"Dammit Mom, why do you buy diet soda? You KNOW I don't like it!"

Members
154 posts
3,206 battles
58 minutes ago, Cruiser_Fiume said:

Yeah. I'm deeply committed to the drydock scene. It's obviously supposed to be southern or central California, the lighting is perfect, there are trains, you get to see the whole hull - all those things by themselves make it the best port, and yet they are combined into one. 

I like drydock as well, with the exception of when I'm using the armor viewer, since I personally can't accurately measure how far above/below water the citadel is in it. Haven't logged on to check Marseilles yet, so my current favorite is the Philippines.

[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles
32 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

"Dammit Mom, why do you buy diet soda? You KNOW I don't like it!"

She got me the salted peanuts. She knows I can't eat the salted peanuts. They make me choke.

• Funny 1