You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Daytonaboss

Camouflage

9 comments in this topic

[OFCOU]
Members
34 posts

Maybe someone can explain this it's to me. This happens in 80% of the battles i'm in and it drives me nuts. OK for example last battle I was in using the Nagato  there is this Budyonny he's like 10 clicks from me using HE I have my spotter plane up and there is no smoke anywhere on the map and I still cant see him right out in the open and hes shooting like every 8 seconds. Most battles this happens all the time, as soon as i zoom in and take aim the ship disappears from view all the while they are shooting and not in smoke and only 10 to 12 clicks away. Its enough to drive one crazy lol  Any thoughts?  

[SPTR]
Members
25,681 posts
10,839 battles

Either: 

1. Low laying islands that might be tall enough for the Budyonny to hide behind that it breaks your line of sight on him.

2. A friendly nearby was spotting the cruiser for you and probably broke their line of sight with the islands or smoke too.

3. Friendly aircraft flying near the Budyonny to spot him before flying elsewhere such as in a circle if they're a catapult fighter or spotter plane belonging to a friendly cruiser or BB, 7or back to a friendly CV to refuel and rearm.

4. Storm comes in and reduces everyone's line of sight to 8km.

Edited by Rolkatsuki
  • Cool 1

[POP]
Members
841 posts
9,497 battles

This is real and its some sort of glitch.

Ships will pop in and out of concealment only a few km away, just enough to ruin your shot in zoom mode.

[OFCOU]
Members
34 posts

Yeah its real for sure I don't think i'm  nuts lmbo well maybe i am lmbo   happens all the time ships can be anywhere from 12 to 15 16 17 clicks away soon as you zoom and aim poof their gone with no smoke and in open waters as my spotter plane just fly's around !! drives me crazy 

[O_O]
Members
4,335 posts
9,298 battles

I have not experienced this.

If I am within his range and he is firing at me, I can see him.  The only time I cannot is if he is firing from within smoke, or if there is an island blocking me from seeing him.  If a ship stops shooting and he is outside of his detection range, he will disappear from view after 10-15 seconds (whatever the time amount is for the detection range to decrease again after firing).

I have never seen a ship remain invisible that was supposed to be visible.

Not once.  Odd?

[OFCOU]
Members
34 posts

Yeah its very odd, it seems like the second i put the cross hairs on them they poof. Whats even more odd is when it happens i can still see ships 20 -23 clicks away sailing all alone with no one near them.  

[OFCOU]
Members
34 posts

No wish i did by time i thought about recording I was dead. Think I'll need to get another external drive and record every battle lmbo  Just played a battle and all was fine its weird it don't happen all the time but when it does its crazy.  

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
6 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Do you have a replay? 

When I've read about this before the data on an unaffected rig doesn't capture the problem so it looks fine. I don't suffer it either but it sounds tangible even without it.