You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptainTeddybear

Operations 10 pt Commanders

10 comments in this topic

[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Supertester, Supertest Coordinator
11,944 posts
3,863 battles

They're just generic commanders with randomly generated names as far as I'm aware.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,709 posts
3,886 battles
3 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

They will come trained for your T1 as well.

PT, LS, BFT (unless you have 6" guns on the Erie), AFT (likewise), and go make the baby seals scream.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[PVE]
Members
8,794 posts
7,234 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

PT, LS, BFT (unless you have 6" guns on the Erie), AFT (likewise), and go make the baby seals scream.

:Smile_teethhappy:

I just retrain them for some other higher tier ship that I have, but that is viable too. :)

[ARGSY]
Members
5,709 posts
3,886 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

but that is viable too

I fitted mine out like that because the build works for the Svietlana (though not for the stock Bogatyr), but I realised too late that he would have been perfectly happy in the Orlan.

[-K-]
Members
5,040 posts
8,925 battles

Honest question, since I've yet to dive into any Operations mode yet:

Do Operations generate XP and credits similar to PvP, or are the performance rewards more akin to Co-Op?

[PVE]
Members
8,794 posts
7,234 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I fitted mine out like that because the build works for the Svietlana (though not for the stock Bogatyr), but I realised too late that he would have been perfectly happy in the Orlan.

Since I want to collect ALL the ships, I have 3pt captains mostly on the low tier ships. I try to put at least a 6 pt in T5 and 10+ pts in T7+. I'm almost to 17 on my Baltimore captain, so I plan on getting him to Dees Moines and 19 pts this year.

Just now, Ace_04 said:

Honest question, since I've yet to dive into any Operations mode yet:

Do Operations generate XP and credits similar to PvP, or are the performance rewards more akin to Co-Op?

The XP and Silver is much closer to PvP than PvE. The bots are the same between OPs and PvE, but there are way more of them and they have a script to follow.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,709 posts
3,886 battles
18 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

they have a script to follow

This is important. Two shots at Operation Narai showed me that what others have said is true - sometimes they have more than one script (they started from opposite sides of our assault group on those two occasions). But once they declare it, I think they can be relied on to stick with it. This makes them relatively easy targets, especially if you have enough time on your hands to play the same op many times in a night and really get a feel in your gut for where they are going to pop into view. A few seconds' extra notice in a CL or DD can make a difference in the number of salvoes you can fire at an incoming destroyer, for example.

[PVE]
Members
8,794 posts
7,234 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This is important. Two shots at Operation Narai showed me that what others have said is true - sometimes they have more than one script (they started from opposite sides of our assault group on those two occasions). But once they declare it, I think they can be relied on to stick with it. This makes them relatively easy targets, especially if you have enough time on your hands to play the same op many times in a night and really get a feel in your gut for where they are going to pop into view. A few seconds' extra notice in a CL or DD can make a difference in the number of salvoes you can fire at an incoming destroyer, for example.

You are right in that the script varies slightly, but not a whole bunch. After a few times playing, you are right in that you can predict what will go where and be ready.

I did suggest an new operation based on the 8vs16 testing they did last year. It would be 7 players vs 14 bots that would run like PvE. I suggested calling it Toaster Shootout. :)