You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xalmgrey

If you don't teamplay...

13 comments in this topic

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles

Don't get salty in chat when you abandon team mates to die so you can run away and then die by yourself, don't call out the team for no support. Seeing this a few times today and its getting really old. People push to cap calling for support, someone turns tail and runs and then calls the team out for not supporting them when they die at the edge of the map because they didn't want to scratch their paint.

Oh and its not just one ship type doing this i see this alot in every type of ship (minus the CV of course)

People complain about no support and when they get it and it doesn't turn out how they want they get salty and it gets old.

Sometimes i think people forget its a game for fun and watching the mostly blind hate in chat is just so...bleh.

It really sucks that there's no team play incentives in this game.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I see your point and know what your going through. I turn off chat after I say my hello's to those People I know. For this reason alone . My gaming exp has become pleasant since I have started this practice.

[USN50]
Members
70 posts
3,786 battles
2 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

Don't get salty in chat when you abandon team mates to die so you can run away and then die by yourself, don't call out the team for no support. Seeing this a few times today and its getting really old. People push to cap calling for support, someone turns tail and runs and then calls the team out for not supporting them when they die at the edge of the map because they didn't want to scratch their paint.

Oh and its not just one ship type doing this i see this alot in every type of ship (minus the CV of course)

People complain about no support and when they get it and it doesn't turn out how they want they get salty and it gets old.

Sometimes i think people forget its a game for fun and watching the mostly blind hate in chat is just so...bleh.

bro. man i get tired of that. its amazing how people can show the IQ level when they open their mouth, or keyboard, lol. my favorite is when one side attacks their cap, kills the dd, moves in, take the cap. then immediately after that little first battle is over, just when they come up for air to look over at the rest of the team, some idiot start dinging the map calling them out saying they are doing nothing to help the team.... even though they obviously just completed their first objective. amazingly dumb. i been called out personally in battle for not getting to the fight fast enough... and i was FSA the entire time, but i am in a bb and slower than the cas so it takes a few minutes to get there if i am spawned outside. 

fast ships have to learn to slow up sometimes. i have to remember this when i play in my dd. i cant expect to win a cap if i dont have the team close behind me. if i die, and i look around and no one is there, i feel stupid and the last thing i do is blame the team when i was the one not watching the map.

Edited by Kerabatsos
  • Cool 3

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
2 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I see your point and know what your going through. I turn off chat after I say my hello's to those People I know. For this reason alone . My gaming exp has become pleasant since I have started this practice.

I would do this but there are times where there is teamwork through chat. Just got out of a tier 7-9 game where we actually had some coordination through the chat.

It's not always bad.

[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,767 battles
2 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

Seconded. Further, the term 'kill stealing' does not make sense in team play. Who cares who kills the Red as long as it is killed.

And no, I have never been called on kill stealing. In two games yesterday, I hammered ships to near zero, another team mate killed them during reload. To me that was team play.

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
Just now, Gruntdog_3 said:

Seconded. Further, the term 'kill stealing' does not make sense in team play. Who cares who kills the Red as long as it is killed.

And no, I have never been called on kill stealing. In two games yesterday, I hammered ships to near zero, another team mate killed them during reload. To me that was team play.

This reason is why i wish they would give kill assist ribbons or something. Most times there's more than one ship involved and yet only one gets kill credit. The problem with people doing that is they are holding fire until they get the last hit depriving the team of dps really. That's not team play. At least kill assist reward assist would kill that kind of play.

In the rare chances that it was all one ship doing all the damage that would be different and merit a different ribbon or some such. But 1v1 situations in this game are pretty rare without someone doing damage to the ship as well. Not saying they don't happen but not that frequent either.

• Cool 1

[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,767 battles
2 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

This reason is why i wish they would give kill assist ribbons or something. Most times there's more than one ship involved and yet only one gets kill credit. The problem with people doing that is they are holding fire until they get the last hit depriving the team of dps really. That's not team play. At least kill assist reward assist would kill that kind of play.

In the rare chances that it was all one ship doing all the damage that would be different and merit a different ribbon or some such. But 1v1 situations in this game are pretty rare without someone doing damage to the ship as well. Not saying they don't happen but not that frequent either.

Agreed, not common at all, but the team mates who sunk them were no campers, we all had around +50% damage. As stated this was in two different battles.

[FACT]
Members
523 posts
5,767 battles
22 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

Fascinating clip. Thank you.

Mutter mutter mumble, I thought the biggest salt mine was in defence of CV's, wrong again Gruntdog_3, mutter mutter mumble....

[-AIM-]
Members
342 posts
1,023 battles
3 hours ago, xalmgrey said:

Two things yes it does suck that team play isn't used or incentivize for the player to play in such a manner. But also most players get like that for a reason, simply put they are either tired of not getting the help so call the team out for it, and B the players that arnt don't admit there fault and or watch mini map and render aid when asked too. I have had this happen to me all day so far today I go with the team and they all end up dead due to there own ignorance then expect me to do all the work. For each match you hear a play complain it they probably had twice the matches with not help form anyone so instead of getting mad at theme help theme you never know just doing that will change the battle and may help you in the long run.

Only you can prevent salty players by doing the opposite of what made theme salty in the first place, if they are complaining for not aid and or help from the team render that help, if they are complaining that CV arnt doing there job, stop think and do your job by I don't now asking what they need. 90 percent of matches can be won easily if you just put aside you and put forth the team first and help all players. There is a reason they they are com[plaining instead of getting mad at theme then complaining about theme do what needs be done, and help theme. teamwork shouldn't be done as a reward but should always be done willingly reason being you win as a team or you lose as a team that simple. You not helping when they ask or helping when you see a side weak and or underpowered will only make theme mad and force a lose that isn't needed.

[ES]
Members
153 posts
13,494 battles

Sorry not going to stop, if we chat before and agree that we will CAP A/B for example and I going in then 2/3 of the team hides behind and island with no firing angles and no way to support  then you should be told the error of your ways. But normally I don't say much until..... those same idiots want to chime in and tell me that I don't know how to play or that I by sticking to the plan somehow have no skill.

[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles
1 hour ago, vikingno2 said:

Sorry not going to stop, if we chat before and agree that we will CAP A/B for example and I going in then 2/3 of the team hides behind and island with no firing angles and no way to support  then you should be told the error of your ways. But normally I don't say much until..... those same idiots want to chime in and tell me that I don't know how to play or that I by sticking to the plan somehow have no skill.

I feel similarly. Often the only time I will admonish play in chat is when it is particularly egregious. Had an instance just yesterday. ENTIRE team never got closer than a single grid square away from the caps, all 3, the whole game. Being in an Atlanta during this tier 9 battle, I was handcuffed by my teams lack of initiative. It didn't matter however, because we lost on points in short order once a few of ours got picked off with the severe lack of caps. All we (whole team did it) did was run laterally from spawn, in the open, from middle to east. Accepting gameplay of that calibre contributes to the issue. I'm willing to bet, that after that game if surveyed, most the guys on my team could not have pointed out the root cause of the loss. 

At some point people do need to be told, it's just all in how you do it. "Worst team ever" isn't helping. However, "All we did was Spawn in and steam east, no push so we are losing" at least hints at the problem without blaming everyone in a hostile way. You also have to remember some people don't even like being reminded there is an enemy in your base and they freak out in kind. It does go both ways to some extent.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,769 posts
4,798 battles

What drives me crazy are the cruisers and BBs that continue allll the way into a cap after I take it unapposed and spotting reveals the reds are not coming. Instead of changing course and moving to fight for the next cap, they just HAVE  to get into that cap first, no matter what. They are out of position for five minutes or more, and if it’s a large group, it pretty much means the reds get the other two caps for free, and whoever from my team went to those other caps is run back to spawn or destroyed. 

Two biggest team play aspects missing are situational awareness and minimal use. The reward for using both is winning which ought to be enough.