Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
idelman

damage

5 comments in this topic

[R-C-N]
Members
3 posts
10,850 battles

Today, after loading the newest version, I played 2 battles in Random. The first one I had 12 SOLID hits on a Roma and got 0 (ZERO) damage. Distance was between 14 - 16 km. Second battle I had 23 hits on several ships (thankfully 1 was a citadel) and I only ended up with 15k damage. Has Wargaming screwed up again? Has anyone else had this experience today?

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Get closer to the battle your hits will  get damage. what happened to you seems to be a lot of over pens and bounces.

[CAST]
Members
1,404 posts
5,819 battles
32 minutes ago, idelman said:

Today, after loading the newest version, I played 2 battles in Random. The first one I had 12 SOLID hits on a Roma and got 0 (ZERO) damage. Distance was between 14 - 16 km. Second battle I had 23 hits on several ships (thankfully 1 was a citadel) and I only ended up with 15k damage. Has Wargaming screwed up again? Has anyone else had this experience today?

There are several ways to score a "hit" which causes no damage:

1. Firing AP against an angled target will cause your shells to ricochet.  If you have "detailed ribbons" turned on, this will show up as a different icon than a penetrating hit (or overpen).
  2. Firing lower-caliber HE against a target, particularly at long range, your shells will often shatter on contact with the target.  Again, this is a different icon when "detailed ribbons" is active.
  3. Sometimes even shells which register as normal penetrations will only cause damage to a module on the enemy ship.  That damage is not added to your total, although you will get some XP when knock out a module completely.
  4. If a ship has already taken extensive damage to a single section (for example, eating multiple torpedo hits to the stern), that area can become over-saturated; the hit points assigned to that section of the ship have been completely depleted.  This can also lead to "hits" which register no damage (and is usually the reason why it sometimes seems to take forever to do the last 100 or so damage to an enemy ship).

What you experienced was probably come combination of the above mechanics working as intended.  If you have a replay file available, this would help to pinpoint what exactly occurred (including the possibility that you did indeed experience a bug or glitch).

Sign in to follow this