Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Starchaser_Hero

game crashes when I play the defense at naval station operation

6 comments in this topic

[SOCOM]
Members
5 posts
3,236 battles

I don't know why but recently I noticed that my game crashes when I play the Defense at Naval Station operation, this only happens after I get killed in the middle of the match and the two times it did was when I was playing on a destroyer. Did the game not think I was going to die in the mission or did the recent 7.1 update create a bug in the operation? The crash can happen as instantly the moment your ship is destroyed or happen much later in the span of a few seconds and you're still in the game spectating.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Most importantly if your ship does get destroyed I recommend returning to port before it does crash if not instantly.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
583 posts
9,214 battles

I had it happen to me as well, a hard lock.  Had to restart my system because of it.  Was in my Aoba when it happened though, and it happened the moment I tried to focus on Romeo.  []nobody showed as the name and it still showed my Aoba hull instead of the Lexington.

The screenshot I took of if it didn't stick either.  Lost it. :Smile_sad:

[PYFLT]
[PYFLT]
Beta Testers
3 posts
5,521 battles

this happened to me, too. I was sunk. And when I tried to switch to another ship by clicking mouse button, the screen froze about 5 minutes. I couldn't alt-tab to desktop or other program. Then i was kicked out to the log in screen.

shot-18_02.08_15_16.25-0633.thumb.jpg.5aa042a2744eef3216e9122c80470198.jpg

[BAWK]
Alpha Tester
107 posts
6,399 battles

Yup.  Playing Newport, dying, and hitting the controls to switch ships causes the game to hard lock.  100% repeatable.  Rejoining after restarting the game everything works normally.

[MORSV]
Members
106 posts

@ Admins  

I lock up or crash from just about everything now.  The biggest improvement from the developers that I've seen in the last 6 months is better and better crashes.  I can't even get a decent FPS anymore.  The lasted update dropped me from a bit over 40 to under 30, and that is with a GTX 750 vid card.  I now have to run minimum settings just to get over 30 FPS.  Lag is bad too.  I keep getting lag even with a ping under 50.

If I go to the EU server, I get a ping of around 200 and still get better game play than on the NA server.  FPS is way higher even without lower settings. 

I am tired of the crashes and lockups that force me to do a complete reboot.  I don't trust WG at this point, either, so I will not use the software they have for detecting bugs.

Sign in to follow this