Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

stuck on a friendly ship

10 comments in this topic

[TNG]
Members
811 posts
6,166 battles

so i rammed into a friendly ship accidently. pressing S does nothing as the other ship somehow drags me along like a magnet. wth is this? the game should have fixed this by now. how about any time you ram into enemy you are automatically bounced backwards and disengage?

[MEIST]
Members
771 posts
2,935 battles
Just now, _Dracarys said:

how about any time you ram into enemy you are automatically bounced backwards and disengage?

Usually when you ram an enemy you both exploded.

Members
1,773 posts
17,335 battles
40 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

the other ship somehow drags me along like a magnet

It has to do w/the angle you made contact...sometimes you do just back right away (usually when the ship you have rammed is almost stopped) but when the other person is moving at fast speed it seems like you should be reversing but actually you need to counter steer when reversing or your ship turns into him & causes you to "dig into" him instead of backing away.

Counter steering is most understandable on 2 wheeled vehicles (motorcycles & bicycles) than 4 wheeled vehicles (& is explained most clearly in the book "Twist of the Wrist" by super bike racer Keith Code) but ships follow more of a "2 wheeled" steering formula than a "4 wheeled" steering formula.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,028 battles
1 hour ago, _Dracarys said:

so i rammed into a friendly ship accidently. pressing S does nothing as the other ship somehow drags me along like a magnet. wth is this? the game should have fixed this by now. how about any time you ram into enemy you are automatically bounced backwards and disengage?

You, sir, are truly prolific recently.

Tell me, what do you truly desire?

[CAST]
Members
1,397 posts
5,794 battles

It took me forever to find this again, but....

I've tried to set it up to start at the right part, but if it doesn't for whatever reason just skip to 7:37.

• Funny 2

[USN50]
Members
70 posts
3,786 battles

you mean like this? haha. i was in reverse for a 1 min and 20 seconds while he dragged me along and i actually sped up. its been fixed since i posted this to WG. it should be more of a bounce effect.

• Funny 1

[DLG06]
Members
39 posts
4,101 battles

Looks like a hard Port might've helped being dragged at ahead half.

Edited by BarneyMM2
Closer look on the replays.

[USN50]
Members
70 posts
3,786 battles
8 hours ago, BarneyMM2 said:

Looks like a hard Port might've helped being dragged at ahead half.

ya i agree that might of helped the programming. but they got to fix that lol. i should of slid right off 

[AR15]
Members
419 posts
7,893 battles

I had fun ramming a Hindenburg off a Montana with my Grozovoi a couple weeks ago. It was good for some laughs in chat.

Sign in to follow this