You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Aduial

Question about Team damage

8 comments in this topic

Members
7,047 posts
4,534 battles

image.thumb.png.aaa9cff092c1c47c159d5c933e644407.png

Why does the disciplinary penalty you receive for doing team damage go into the "Damage Caused to Allies" value? 

Members
7,047 posts
4,534 battles
10 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Cause a Teammate is an Allie

I think you misunderstood me. I meant, why does the disciplinary penalty, i.e the damage that is dealt on you for doing team damage, count as damage dealt to allies? 

Members
1,790 posts
17,418 battles
27 minutes ago, Aduial said:

I think you misunderstood me. I meant, why does the disciplinary penalty, i.e the damage that is dealt on you for doing team damage, count as damage dealt to allies? 

Because somebody has to get credit for the damage...& seeing as you took the opportunity for the reds to get credit for doing that damage away...the credit becomes all yours.

Edit...all damage needs to be accounted for in order for "High Calibers" to be computed correctly...think it has to do w/that aspect of the way the program "thinks" about damage.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,055 battles
48 minutes ago, Aduial said:

Why does the disciplinary penalty you receive for doing team damage go into the "Damage Caused to Allies" value? 

None of the "disciplinary actions" right now is enough. AKA, if you have a chance to sink an enemy but take a friendly with the enemy, do it. The punishment is no where near enough to balance out the gains.

• Bad 1

[ARRGG]
Members
4,685 posts
7,506 battles
36 minutes ago, Aduial said:

I get it , it’s not a perfect system and for instance if your just sitting there and somebody rams into you absolutely no fault of yours, your both penalized, I suppose to figure out who is at fault is a bit to much work

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,479 battles
47 minutes ago, Aduial said:

Because you count as part of the 'allied' team.  In this case, you damaged yourself.

Members
1,790 posts
17,418 battles
15 minutes ago, NeutralState said:
1 hour ago, Aduial said:

None of the "disciplinary actions" right now is enough. AKA, if you have a chance to sink an enemy but take a friendly with the enemy, do it. The punishment is no where near enough to balance out the gains.

Although I would wait until you have worked off the 15 games 1st as that's a lot & you may be about to be penalized in a big way if the penalty system has seen fit to give you such a heavy penalty already.