Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
sasquatch_research

Manual secondaries won't work

11 comments in this topic

Members
1,509 posts
7,934 battles

Hey

I have manual secondaries on my Tirpitz but went into a game tonight but could not get the secondaries to fire.  Had closest ship highlighted with the target on it, hit control and moved mouse to the target indication and left clicked to mark the target but nothing, the little indicator above the target indication would not show, tried a couple other ships, but no luck.  No secondaries at all.  Is there something I did wrong or is there a bug after this last update, I lost a few flags from it.  Worked fine before this last update today.  Rather frustrating.

Pete 

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
182 posts
4,276 battles

I noticed tonight that I had to click a little lower than usual to get the 2ndary target indicator to show up. Usually I click on or about the ship icon; tonight it seemed to work when I clicked more on the ship's health bar.

A sidenote on Manual Secondaries: I would like to see Manual Secondaries work more like Manual AA in that the secondaries will still fire on targets within range even if that target isn't selected, they just won't get the dispersion buff from the skill until manually selected.

• Cool 2

[TBOW]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
212 posts
2,446 battles

did you hit the button that turns off secondaries and aa by any chance

[H-W-C]
Members
1,259 posts
3,306 battles
2 minutes ago, dylan88jr said:

did you hit the button that turns off secondaries and aa by any chance

But by default clicking on an aircraft squadron or ship automatically activates AA and secondaries again.

[TBOW]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
212 posts
2,446 battles
Just now, warpath_33 said:

But by default clicking on an aircraft squadron or ship automatically activates AA and secondaries again.

didnt know that lol thanks for the tip

Members
1,509 posts
7,934 battles

Hey

Somebody told me to go to the settings/controls and then enable free cursor but box called (Enable AA & secondary guns if priority target set) was still selected.  I deselected and then re-selected the box, went into coop but it still doesn't work at all.  I cannot get the normal little cross indication above the targeted ship to come up.  I will try the lower than normal position, but this is garbage.

Pete

Members
1,509 posts
7,934 battles
14 minutes ago, skull_122_steel said:

you have to aim at the health/name of the enemy now not the class Icon

Hey

Exactly right; just verified this in a coop game.  Click mouse at the name of the ship you have targeted and they will work.  Cannot click anyone at the targeting circle like you used to, there they will NOT select.   Would have been nice to know this in my original game, lost a bunch of flags trying to get the damn thing to work but no luck.

Pete

[DRI-S]
Members
5 posts
10,457 battles

i have the manual secondaries skill on my Bismark and they no longer work.  I selected the name of the ship.  Does not work.   Tried every other combination.  Still doesn't work.  So now I have a complete waste of a 4 point captain skill and probably will never use that ship again.  Thanks, WG.  You suck.

[TIRP]
Members
69 posts
13,288 battles

My Izumo has Man secondaries and I see this off & on. You cntrl click ship highlights but secondaries don't fire. May just re-org my Captains skills and leave secondaries on auto.

Members
15 posts

Noticed the hitbox of clicking on planes and ships was wonky this patch as well, I wish they'd put in an option to press a key to designate ship/planes for manual fire when the crosshairs are over it.

I was clicking like mad on a bomber squad last night but missed like 5 times, felt like I was fighting the UI instead of the CV...

Sign in to follow this