You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BUNNYHUGGERI

I would like to buy the Scharnhorst!?!?!

26 comments in this topic

[CLAN]
Beta Testers
203 posts
10,893 battles

The tech tree was expanded for Christmas and New Year. With 7.1 some of the ships went back into the vault. 

[SIM]
Members
2,438 posts
4,080 battles

You missed your chance I’m afraid. Check back in the summer.

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles
Just now, slokill_1 said:

That's nothing.  I missed my chance to get the Kutuzov.

Oh god... Don't remind me, It break my heart every time I think of her, such a pretty girl she was unlike the other Russian ships. *Gags* So ugly the tech tree ships they are. 

Members
4,452 posts
6,164 battles
59 minutes ago, BUNNYHUGGERI said:

Ummmm....where did all the premium ships go?  They are almost all gone.

Scharn nice ship.  I got it. A bit tricky to play.  BB armor but only cruisers guns...11inch. Torps are her ace in the hole in close. She is great at killing DDs and other cruisers but big gun BBs....can do............ but ya gotta get in close. AND at her tier u see more BBs than cruisers. I suck but I do have over 50% win rate in her. But I get carried a lot!  Carry on mate.:Smile_honoring:

O secondaries good but that is not what usually does the killing.  Main guns and torps....IMO.

Edited by dmckay
  • Bad 1

[TURDS]
Members
552 posts
3,641 battles

The ships for sale rotate fairly regularly. You missed the window this rotation is all. It's not like Shiny Horse (Scharnhorst) is OP so it'll be back.

She is definitely unique in capabilities and play style. If you can figure out a way to make her work for you, she is tons of fun. Also does pretty well in the Tier 7 operations as they are well stocked with her favorite food; cruisers and DD's! :) Built right she has decent anti-air too. 

[SF-B]
Beta Testers
74 posts
1,643 battles
2 hours ago, dmckay said:

Scharn nice ship.  I got it. A bit tricky to play.  BB armor but only cruisers guns...11inch. Torps are her ace in the hole in close. She is great at killing DDs and other cruisers but big gun BBs....can do............ but ya gotta get in close. AND at her tier u see more BBs than cruisers. I suck but I do have over 50% win rate in her. But I get carried a lot!  Carry on mate.:Smile_honoring:

O secondaries good but that is not what usually does the killing.  Main guns and torps....IMO.

11inch are still battleship caliber guns. Just really low end lol

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,798 posts
12 hours ago, slokill_1 said:

I sold my Kutuzov (which I hated) and used the doubloons to buy Missouri.  Very happy with that trade.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,385 posts
10,165 battles
13 hours ago, slokill_1 said:

Got mine out of a Santa crate

Members
4,452 posts
6,164 battles
19 hours ago, NobleKnight91 said:

11inch are still battleship caliber guns. Just really low end lol

WWII...11 inch were not BB guns. NOT BB. 11 inch were WW1.  

That is why Scharn is odd. 

Edited by dmckay

[SF-B]
Beta Testers
74 posts
1,643 battles
1 hour ago, dmckay said:

WWII...11 inch were not BB guns. NOT BB. 11 inch were WW1.  

That is why Scharn is odd. 

They were put on the Scharn and the guns were effective against he French Dunkerque class battleship. Also an improved version was supposed to go on the 1047 Battlecruiser (Netherlands). The guns on the Scharn were designed for her. So yes 11 inch are still battleship sized guns just not normally used anymore. Only other ships to really use them were the Deutschland Class cruisers (Armored Cruisers) and the Scharnhorst and Gneisenau battleships. 

Members
4,452 posts
6,164 battles
11 hours ago, NobleKnight91 said:

They were put on the Scharn and the guns were effective against he French Dunkerque class battleship. Also an improved version was supposed to go on the 1047 Battlecruiser (Netherlands). The guns on the Scharn were designed for her. So yes 11 inch are still battleship sized guns just not normally used anymore. Only other ships to really use them were the Deutschland Class cruisers (Armored Cruisers) and the Scharnhorst and Gneisenau battleships. 

You could probably get an argument about WWII era 11 inch guns being battleship size guns but I see your point. She was called a BB (or battlecruiser) but I think that also was because her armor is indeed BB rated. 

[SF-B]
Beta Testers
74 posts
1,643 battles
2 hours ago, dmckay said:

You could probably get an argument about WWII era 11 inch guns being battleship size guns but I see your point. She was called a BB (or battlecruiser) but I think that also was because her armor is indeed BB rated. 

Well to be fair her purpose was more of a commerce raider if I am not mistaken but her guns were adequate for most surface ships because of how they were designed. Also the Gneisenau was designed so she could be upgunned to the 15 inch guns. Battlecruiser is really kinda like Battleship light.

Members
4,452 posts
6,164 battles
2 hours ago, NobleKnight91 said:

Well to be fair her purpose was more of a commerce raider if I am not mistaken but her guns were adequate for most surface ships because of how they were designed. Also the Gneisenau was designed so she could be upgunned to the 15 inch guns. Battlecruiser is really kinda like Battleship light.

Yup

[SF-B]
Beta Testers
74 posts
1,643 battles
7 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Yup

I'm glad this conversation went the way it did. It's nice to talk and not have everything devolve into insults. Have a good one!

Members
4,452 posts
6,164 battles
1 hour ago, NobleKnight91 said:

I'm glad this conversation went the way it did. It's nice to talk and not have everything devolve into insults. Have a good one!

Heck it was just a normal conversation bout a ship. We had nothing to sling poo at each other about.  But I know the types you mention.  Always looking for a fight.  Silly.  I appreciate your input.

By the way I notice you have been on a down slide win rate for awhile.  So have I for a month.  I can't figure out why but I been losing a bunch the past few weeks. I am a 48% player but I thought I was going to pass 50% bout a month ago.  But noooooo.  Game drives me nuts at times.  Am not a stat freak I just want to get to 50%....at my age I would be happy with that.  I only play random as a lone wolf.  Random is a dice roll much of the time.:Smile_honoring:

Edited by dmckay

[SF-B]
Beta Testers
74 posts
1,643 battles
3 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Heck it was just a normal conversation bout a ship. We had nothing to sling poo at each other about.  But I know the types you mention.  Always looking for a fight.  Silly.  I appreciate your input.

By the way I notice you have been on a down slide win rate for awhile.  So have I for a month.  I can't figure out why but I been losing a bunch the past few weeks. I am a 48% player but I thought I was going to pass 50% bout a month ago.  But noooooo.  Game drives me nuts at times.  Am not a stat freak I just want to get to 50%....at my age I would be happy with that.  I only play random as a lone wolf.  Random is a dice roll much of the time.

I haven't been playing as much so I'm getting really rusty at the game. My mood and drive have been falling through the floor so it feels like I can't be bothered to play. It sucks really cause I don't know what to do about it. Anyway if you wanna chat more message me or something so we don't inadvertently hijack this thread lol.

Members
4,452 posts
6,164 battles
17 minutes ago, NobleKnight91 said:

I haven't been playing as much so I'm getting really rusty at the game. My mood and drive have been falling through the floor so it feels like I can't be bothered to play. It sucks really cause I don't know what to do about it. Anyway if you wanna chat more message me or something so we don't inadvertently hijack this thread lol.

I just been on "tilt" I do think.  Things will change. Rgr on hjacking thread. 

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts

they seem to reappear randomly in Christmas crates.  Yeah that's a few months away.  But I picked-up a couple no longer purchasable prem-shipz in Xmas crates both this last Xmas and the previous Christmas.  Thanks Santa-SerB