You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Question about HSF Camo Bonuses

15 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
7,098 posts
8,745 battles

was there supposed to be the +100% Free XP bonus among the other bonuses? Or did this get changed for final release for Yamato?

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1
Partially completed so had to fix it.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,034 posts
12,515 battles

I don't know what your point of reference is, but the stats did change between PTS and live.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,553 posts
3,734 battles

Initially the HSF Yamato had all the bonuses from the premium camo plus the 50% commander xp, but was then changed to having 50% bonus xp, no bonus credits, and 50% commander xp though still retains the -50% service cost.

Members
1,688 posts
7,230 battles

It would be pretty nice to have T9 premium with a nice free XP bonused camo.  Currently Missouri has build in credit bonus, and Musashi has 5,000 doubloon commander bonused camo.  The highest free XP camo is for Tirpitz, but it is limited by having only 50% bonus to all XP instead of 100% bonus T9/T10 ships enjoy.  The best free XP farmers in game are heavy damage dealers with 100% camo and Papa Papa flags, they haul in more free XP than Tirpitz with free XP camo plus flags, because of how free xp bonuses stack. 

[RKLES]
Members
7,098 posts
8,745 battles
48 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

I don't know what your point of reference is, but the stats did change between PTS and live.

YouTube review shortly before Event went live

Alpha Tester
3,476 posts
1,521 battles
2 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

It would be pretty nice to have T9 premium with a nice free XP bonused camo.  Currently Missouri has build in credit bonus, and Musashi has 5,000 doubloon commander bonused camo.  The highest free XP camo is for Tirpitz, but it is limited by having only 50% bonus to all XP instead of 100% bonus T9/T10 ships enjoy.  The best free XP farmers in game are heavy damage dealers with 100% camo and Papa Papa flags, they haul in more free XP than Tirpitz with free XP camo plus flags, because of how free xp bonuses stack. 

That 50% bonus to commander XP that the Musashi can get is absolutely not worth 5000 doubloons.  Hell considering how badly they nerfed Tier 9 premium credit earnings compared to the Missouri, that +50% commander XP bonus should have come baked in to the free premium camo that came with the ship.

As for Free XP ships.  Yeah you can't beat the Tier 9 premiums for that.  That 100% XP bonus they get is huge when you stack all the flags up on top of that.  That is about the only thing that makes the Musashi  really a "premium"  Tier 9 in my eyes.  Take the Musashi, toss on a Red Dragon, Ouroboros, Hydra, Equal Speed Charlie London and a Papa Papa flag on it and your easily pumping out 5-10k free XP a battle in it.

Members
1,688 posts
7,230 battles
10 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

That 50% bonus to commander XP that the Musashi can get is absolutely not worth 5000 doubloons.  Hell considering how badly they nerfed Tier 9 premium credit earnings compared to the Missouri, that +50% commander XP bonus should have come baked in to the free premium camo that came with the ship.

Well, the way I see it, it’s not just 50% on commander.  It’s 50% on commander in one of the very best XP farming ships in game.  In my eyes it’s worth it, especially when you already have 19 points commander for it, and when you buy Musashi out right, without paying anything to convert XP.  It’s a good deal.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,034 posts
12,515 battles
57 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Well, the way I see it, it’s not just 50% on commander.  It’s 50% on commander in one of the very best XP farming ships in game.  In my eyes it’s worth it, especially when you already have 19 points commander for it, and when you buy Musashi out right, without paying anything to convert XP.  It’s a good deal.

5000 doubloons buys A LOT of converted Free XP, captain respecs, and commander reassignments. Are you really going to play enough Musashi for the extra ~750 CXP per game to add up to 125,000?

Members
1,688 posts
7,230 battles
28 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

5000 doubloons buys A LOT of converted Free XP, captain respecs, and commander reassignments. Are you really going to play enough Musashi for the extra ~750 CXP per game to add up to 125,000?

I already did.  Leveled Giulio Cesare captain from 1 to 19 since getting Musashi.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,553 posts
3,734 battles
7 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

I already did.  Leveled Giulio Cesare captain from 1 to 19 since getting Musashi.

??? There's no relation between the captain for the Guilio Cesare and the Musashi when it comes to leveling up.

Also the 5000 doubloons is the value of the camo for all of its bonuses and I believe the tier 9 camos cost 4k doubloons so it's really adding 1000 more for that 50% commander bonus.

Members
1,688 posts
7,230 battles
7 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

??? There's no relation between the captain for the Guilio Cesare and the Musashi when it comes to leveling up.

Also the 5000 doubloons is the value of the camo for all of its bonuses and I believe the tier 9 camos cost 4k doubloons so it's really adding 1000 more for that 50% commander bonus.

I have 19 point Yamamoto captain on Musashi, all commander XP goes straight into elite captain XP and gets distributed to other captains.  So me playing on Musashi translates directly to leveling any captain.  Thus there is direct linear relation between the captain for the Guilio Cesare and the Musashi when it comes to leveling up.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,553 posts
3,734 battles
20 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

I have 19 point Yamamoto captain on Musashi, all commander XP goes straight into elite captain XP and gets distributed to other captains.  So me playing on Musashi translates directly to leveling any captain.  Thus there is direct linear relation between the captain for the Guilio Cesare and the Musashi when it comes to leveling up.

Gotcha

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,034 posts
12,515 battles
6 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

Well, strictly speaking, no, you haven't actually broken even yet. Only a fraction of that CXP comes from the camo bonus. Of your 1900 XP/game average, you're getting at best 633 XP from the camo's +50% CXP bonus. If other +XP flags are involved, it's actually less. You can check the actual amount on your detailed earnings screen if you want.

Math:

Spoiler

With the camo on, 1900 XP includes at minimum the +50% regular XP bonus, so the Earned amount is 1267 XP. 50% of that is 633 XP.

If the 1900 includes other XP bonuses, the actual Earned amount is even lower. CXP bonuses are always a % of the Earned amount, so the CXP bonus would be smaller accordingly.

Regardless, even in the best-case scenario where you've used the 4000 doubloon camo for every single one of the 124 games you've played in Musashi, the camo CXP bonus has only generated 78,492 actual CXP. The rest you would have gotten regardless. Even if you took the most inefficient route and cashed in 4000 doubloons for Free XP during a non-sale (25:1 exchange rate) and spent those directly on commanders, your break-even point would still be 100,000 CXP. So you're close, and quite a lot farther along than most people might ever get, and you probably will get there eventually, but even you haven't quite broken even yet.

Members
1,688 posts
7,230 battles
1 hour ago, Edgecase said:

Regardless, even in the best-case scenario where you've used the 4000 doubloon camo for every single one of the 124 games you've played in Musashi, the camo CXP bonus has only generated 78,492 actual CXP. The rest you would have gotten regardless. Even if you took the most inefficient route and cashed in 4000 doubloons for Free XP during a non-sale (25:1 exchange rate) and spent those directly on commanders, your break-even point would still be 100,000 CXP. So you're close, and quite a lot farther along than most people might ever get, and you probably will get there eventually, but even you haven't quite broken even yet.

Thank you for details explanation.  I agree with you, I have not quite broken even yet.  But, you have to agree that dumping doubloons to outright convert free XP is a one-time trick, while investing it into camo is a long term investment.  With the amount of games I am subjecting Musashi to, this investment will pay off rather quickly.  With those special captains coming (like that Frenchie for missions), having bulk of elite captain XP stored is not a bad thing.