Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
FrodoFraggin

Hot Tiers

8 comments in this topic

[EQRN]
Members
306 posts
8,655 battles

I used to play a game in which players could be encouraged to visit a particular zone and get bonus xp, and these were called hot zones, and they would change every once in awhile.  I thought it would be cool to have “Hot Tiers”, say one week of the month have one tier that has, for example, a 25% xp bonus (not just first win) and that-tier-only match making, meaning if the hot tier was 6 and you load up a Cleveland, you see nothing but other tier 6 ships (standard 12v12 Random rules).  Could this be something WG would consider?

Beta Testers
1,298 posts
3,583 battles
10 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I used to play a game in which players could be encouraged to visit a particular zone and get bonus xp, and these were called hot zones, and they would change every once in awhile.  I thought it would be cool to have “Hot Tiers”, say one week of the month have one tier that has, for example, a 25% xp bonus (not just first win) and that-tier-only match making, meaning if the hot tier was 6 and you load up a Cleveland, you see nothing but other tier 6 ships (standard 12v12 Random rules).  Could this be something WG would consider?

look up special signals you'll see those alone do more than enough. We have scenarios that award xp more than a normal random battle and more credits. While I like the idea I just don't see wg doing it.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,298 battles
8 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

look up special signals you'll see those alone do more than enough. We have scenarios that award xp more than a normal random battle and more credits. While I like the idea I just don't see wg doing it.

Arguably, operations are a lot like the OP's "hot  tiers", insofar as they are a single tier MM and you do get excellent XP and credits for fighting glorified coop battles.  All that's needed is to increase the number of tiers which had operations.

[BTH]
Beta Testers
198 posts
4,661 battles

Fun idea. I would settle for Tier 6-10 Operations for each.

There has been a lack of combat missions in my opinion. Seems like there was something to do every week, and something special on weekends. Flags, XP, etc. Seems slow nowadays.

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Hot Tier Tuesday all Tier 1 ships 25% more EXP all day.

Can you Imagine 25% more? 

What an incentive! 

[BTH]
Beta Testers
198 posts
4,661 battles
Just now, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Hot Tier Tuesday all Tier 1 ships 25% more EXP all day.

Can you Imagine 25% more? 

What an incentive! 

10/10 I would play

Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles

Well WG sort of does have “Hot Tiers”.  It’s T9/T10 ships with permanent camo.  They basically get permanent 50% bonus at all times, plus they tend to make more base XP than anything T8 and below.  So those ships make more elite captain XP, more free XP, and don’t lose credits.  There is no point playing anything else if you are after any bonused metrics.  Say I finished daily on Yamato.  What would be motivation for me to do daily on Alamaba?  I get 50% bonus for Alabama if I win, but I will sure get 50% bonus on Yamato whether I win or not with type 20 camo...  There is your “Hot Tier”.  There is hardly motivation to play anything else.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Perma Camo has a price of 5000 doubloons. It helps make the game definitely more enjoyable, I would but the perma camos on everything above Tier 8 if I could afford to. 

Sign in to follow this