You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LtnHalo_US

American CV vs IJN CV

11 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
5 posts
1,006 battles

hello, im a bit new to the forums and i would like some tips on American carriers and some other questions to WG.

Why do Americans no longer have options when it comes to flight control modules? and yet the japs do? the Americans used to be all about AS and now people told me WG gave America carriers the flight module they think is balanced for the CV of that tier. so then tell me why the Lexington only has 1 fighter squad? yes given it does have 7 aircraft, but even with a strike build, the IJN carriers still have 5 to a squad and 2 squads! (Both of those fighter numbers in each squad is with the air supremcy skill) so if the IJN carrier is smart, he will take both of his fighter squads and make them one so they has 10 fighters and both together has more health. And lets not forgot this is with a STRIKE build, so his fighters are better and his strike capabilities are better. and somehow this is fair in wargamings eyes? And again, yes the American TP have 6 to a squad, but the japs get 3 squads of 3!! so they STILL have more. America only wins in the dive bomber department but dive bombers don't do anything to most BB's except American BB's (Which has INSANE aa) and British BB's, and cruisers if you can hit em. Then the patch today, .7.1, RUINED the only great carrier in the American line, except Langley, the midway, removed the F8F thinking that that would somehow make the strike capabilities worse on the midway. so now you will see the hakruyu's win rate go through the fricken roof.

Now these are just some things that Ive found, maybe theres more but if anyone can give some tips on how to beat IJN carriers then please let me know, because i remember in the eta when American carriers had a role and jap carriers had a role, japs were fro striking and the Americans were all about air superiority, and WG has made IJN good at everything, and American good at nothing.

PLEASE ANY TIPS LEMME KNOW! <3

• Bad 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,034 posts
12,514 battles

After sitting through that entire round listening to you complain, I decided to go back and double check whether the new Lex performed the way I thought it did. Maybe it really does suck against Tier X now, maybe it really does have problems with AA. Maybe the planes don't hold up. Maybe the AP DBs don't deliver.

You know what? It's not the ship.

7GQiUqp.png

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
8,796 posts

Hmm someone with neg rep? The usn cvs aren't as bad as you allege. I've ground all the way to the midway before she was buffed. 

Beta Testers
5 posts
1,006 battles
25 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Hmm someone with neg rep? The usn cvs aren't as bad as you allege. I've ground all the way to the midway before she was buffed. 

No idea why i havea bad rep, anways, you mean the lexington before she was buffed or the midway. Cuz midway just gotnerfed as of today

Beta Testers
5 posts
1,006 battles
1 hour ago, Edgecase said:

After sitting through that entire round listening to you complain, I decided to go back and double check whether the new Lex performed the way I thought it did. Maybe it really does suck against Tier X now, maybe it really does have problems with AA. Maybe the planes don't hold up. Maybe the AP DBs don't deliver.

7GQiUqp.png

And i never said i do badly in the lexington, depending on what the enemy CV is and if its IJN if they have an AS build, then im boned.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,034 posts
12,514 battles
1 hour ago, LtnHalo_US said:

And i never said i do badly in the lexington, depending on what the enemy CV is and if its IJN if they have an AS build, then im boned.

It's pretty obvious that you think the ship is inferior and therefore stacking the deck against you.

Let's start with the actual match that triggered your OP where you said:

fbSXgcE.png

oknycCG.png

This is, of course, complete bull. AS Shokaku (3/1/2) has only ONE 4-plane TB squadron and two 5-plane DB squadrons, all of which carry weaker munitions than their US counterparts, particularly at T8+.

And then you come here and post ridiculous things like:

2 hours ago, LtnHalo_US said:

And again, yes the American TP have 6 to a squad, but the japs get 3 squads of 3!! so they STILL have more.

Which is some kind of weird hallucination on your part, since Shokaku has only 2 TB squadrons in strike configuration.

And then there's:

dive bombers don't do anything to most BB's except American BB's (Which has INSANE aa) and British BB's, and cruisers if you can hit em.

Which is patently untrue. T8+ USN DBs do good damage to anything and everything with HE, subject only to RNG. And that's on top of the fires, which is where most HE bomber damage comes from anyway.

AP DBs, meanwhile, are extremely good (many would say OP) against BBs, especially German BBs. They also deal insane damage to high-tier cruisers. AP dive bombers absolutely do not miss unless you, the player, screw up the aiming.

Look, Lexington is not the best CV in the game tier for tier. Nobody out there thinks it is. But you really need to stop with this:

2ZVTDle.png

WG has made IJN good at everything, and American good at nothing

Because it's (a) whiny and annoying, and (b) not true.

Finally, on the off chance that you were actually serious about wanting advice on how to play USN CVs against IJN, here are three pieces of advice based on how you played in that game:

1. Practice strafing enemy fighters. If you let your one fighter squadron get locked up in a dogfight with 15 red fighters, it's over. On the other hand, US fighters have insanely high dps during a strafe, and can easily wipe out multiple IJN fighter squadrons in a joust.
  2. Stop trickling your bombers around the map. AA can only engage a single squadron at once, so going in with all the bombers at once greatly increases the number that reach the target. Sending them in one squadron at a time ensures that every squadron eats the maximum possible amount of AA.
  3. Get your carrier off the 1 line. Round trip times and lost squadron penalties are greatly increased the farther your carrier is from the battle. Your sortie rate suffered greatly from your ship's position 40km away from the enemy fleet.
Edited by Edgecase
  • Cool 2

Members
105 posts
2 hours ago, Edgecase said:

7GQiUqp.png

Posting the results of one battle proves absolutely nothing. 

Not being able to prove when that battle took place (last year?  last week?) proves even less.

After being rude just because you do not like what he said instead of trying to have an actual valid point when you actually don't have one, I suggest you stop being a jerk and grow up.  It's people like you that ruin forums.  If he's wrong, FINE - then point out facts why, not misleading "facts" while being rude.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,034 posts
12,514 battles
4 minutes ago, SeigeTank2010 said:

Posting the results of one battle proves absolutely nothing. 

Not being able to prove when that battle took place (last year?  last week?) proves even less.

After being rude just because you do not like what he said instead of trying to have an actual valid point when you actually don't have one, I suggest you stop being a jerk and grow up.  It's people like you that ruin forums.  If he's wrong, FINE - then point out facts why, not misleading "facts" while being rude.

It's an existence proof that Lexington can be made to perform well in a Tier X battle, and occurred tonight, at the same time the OP was writing this post. Do you want the replay?

More to the point, I was in the game that triggered the OP. I know exactly what this post was about, and the points were not valid. The post immediately above yours contains the necessary details.

Members
105 posts
3 minutes ago, Edgecase said:

It's an existence proof that Lexington can be made to perform well in a Tier X battle, and occurred tonight, at the same time the OP was writing this post. Do you want the replay?

More to the point, I was in the game that triggered the OP. I know exactly what this post was about, and the points were not valid. The post immediately above yours contains the necessary details.

No, you've shown no such proof that it was "tonight" - it's an altered screenshot hiding the names of everyone, no information whatsoever on when it was played.  A replay wouldn't show such information on when it was created either, if i'm not mistaken.

Secondly it's ONE battle.  Enemy carrier could have been horrible.   Enemy players could have been horrible.   Your allies could have been great.   TEAM game.  ONE battle.   Everyone's going to have a battle that goes heavily in their favor in any ship they ever play - on top of the fact that a great team can help you have a great battle - it doesn't mean anything they now say about that one ship is suddenly true just because of that one battle.

You ASSUME he's only basing his claims off of one battle.   Where'd he say that?  He's bringing up general points, you assume it's only because of one battle.

Lastly, if you do think you have valid information to counter his points, try making them without being so rude.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,034 posts
12,514 battles
46 minutes ago, SeigeTank2010 said:

No, you've shown no such proof that it was "tonight"

https://replayswows.com/replay/16348

Download that replay. Replays run only on the version of the game they were recorded on. Since today is patch day, that confirms the date.

46 minutes ago, SeigeTank2010 said:

Secondly it's ONE battle.  Enemy carrier could have been horrible.   Enemy players could have been horrible.   Your allies could have been great.

You know what? That was true in both games. The AS Shokaku he complained about was terrible. He was a dogpile clicker with 3 squadrons. He let Lex bombers through to chase down a fighter group. His own bombers did almost literally zero damage that game. And yet the OP complained. The whole. Time. About how he couldn't get through the AA in a Tier X game. About the non-existent Des Moines on the other team. About how Shokaku shouldn't pick AS. About how AS Shokaku had more strike power than he did. Then the rest of us carried the team to victory. And then he came to the forums to complain some more.

But hey, since you're just going to demand that I show you evidence, here's that replay too.

https://replayswows.com/replay/16349

Now. Since you're so in favor of fairness, go ahead and ask the OP for HIS proof and reasoning for the claims in his post. He might have based it off a bunch of games, right? I mean, he has 11 in Lexington, after all. I look forward to hearing how he knows that the Midway he's never played is much worse now, and how his one Zuiho game proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that IJN carriers are indeed WG's favored children (and how dropping Midway's fighters one tier will now cause Hak to dominate). I can hardly wait to find out.