You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ombromondo

Clan Battle Schedules

19 comments in this topic

[LRM3]
Members
281 posts
15,855 battles

When the first Clan Battle season started, I wrote to WG about paying particular attention to the schedules. I know that others of the clan I belong to had written to the support to learn more and, good or bad, the answer was on this tone:
we understand your discomfort but this is the first season (as if to say: in a sense a trial). For the next we will take into account your request.

Clan Battle with the same times. Great!!

I don't know why we spent doubloons to form a Clan and a long time to pull up the OIL and develop the base and invite people to join the clan and then we can not participate. I really do not understand the meaning !!

[B2P]
Members
498 posts
13,224 battles

They did add an hour, but broke it up as 30 minutes earlier and 30 minutes later.

Beta Testers
284 posts
4,284 battles

Thank you for your feedback regarding the times clan battles will be active. Please keep all comments constructive and on topic, whether it be positive or negative. Unfortunately, that is the nature of the beast that some players will not be completely satisfied with the times a specific event is offered. We apologize and will again forward comments on to the appropriate team.

[LRM3]
Members
281 posts
15,855 battles

It seems to me that there is no comment outside the norms. Here we try to make WG understand that if he wants the Clan Battle community to get active, grow and bring more players, then he has to make sure everyone can participate.
I can not stay awake since midnight and play until 4 in the morning with a minimum concentration. Good or bad is so for the entire clan.

I really would like to understand what kind of problems there are with the Clan Battle. There are servers that are rented at that time, or programming requires more support, I just do not understand.

[5D]
Members
2,214 posts
13,968 battles

As I wrote in another thread the times are most likely set based on server populations.

Once you start getting into 11 PM EST the number of players online starts to diminish. This probably leads to fewer clans being available to play. 

If they ever implement the play across servers idea they are working on then it can be a different schedule.

[BS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
151 posts
5,763 battles

la la la

I'll just leave this right here....

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
26 minutes ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

Thank you for your feedback regarding the times clan battles will be active. Please keep all comments constructive and on topic, whether it be positive or negative. Unfortunately, that is the nature of the beast that some players will not be completely satisfied with the times a specific event is offered. We apologize and will again forward comments on to the appropriate team.

any chance we could have a afternoon session on the weekdays? I know alot of us have plans on saturday nights and can't put time in for those prime hours on saturday but get back on after 11pm est but be cool to have a session for afternoon est folks. Just an idea but be cool we had afternoon session of clan battles.

[LRM3]
Members
281 posts
15,855 battles
4 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

As I wrote in another thread the times are most likely set based on server populations.

Once you start getting into 11 PM EST the number of players online starts to diminish. This probably leads to fewer clans being available to play. 

If they ever implement the play across servers idea they are working on then it can be a different schedule.

They could give game windows maybe divided into time slots.
For example 3 windows every day:
from X to X
from Y to Y
and from Z to Z

in this way the participants organize themselves and it is very probable that the participation peaks are raised precisely during the opening of those time windows. They could try and see how it goes.

[LRM3]
Members
281 posts
15,855 battles
8 minutes ago, Wodyo said:

la la la

I'll just leave this right here....

Well, nice idea but if there is not a date or something like that it could take years.
I realize the complexity that programmers have to face but if you propose interesting and "new" game modes, you must also ensure that you can play.
For example, I'm sure I will not do Clan Battle until they solve the problem.
But when they solve the problem will I still be here to play WOW?

[5D]
Members
2,214 posts
13,968 battles
2 minutes ago, Ombromondo said:

Well, nice idea but if there is not a date or something like that it could take years.
I realize the complexity that programmers have to face but if you propose interesting and "new" game modes, you must also ensure that you can play.
For example, I'm sure I will not do Clan Battle until they solve the problem.
But when they solve the problem will I still be here to play WOW?

While I feel your pain and I don't like the new times since I would have preferred they started at 8 PM and gone to 12 AM EST they have to cater as they said in that post to the larger portion of the player base.

It's really a no win situation for WG. Even if they offered other time slots if there aren't enough clans in each tier to facilitate quick match making then clans lose interest.

Participate in as many as you can as a clan and hopefully they will have this global environment ready by Season 4.

[LRM3]
[LRM3]
Members
390 posts
5,402 battles

I really don't understand why it can't resemble Ranked Battles in the sense that it is open 24/7?

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
51 minutes ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

Big Brother is watching! The Times are made for the Developers convenience, We do not count. The Beast is WG. 50 Clan members living spread all over the United States working all shifts at different distances from home. WG employees are on the game playing on the clock and after hours,All in the same Time Zone. CB's are catered to those who work for WG not us {the player Base.}Simply stated is the "Local Time" of the WG HQ NA. If the Central Time Zone were used the WG staff would be working and WG would have to pay their employees to Participate. Central TIme is 2 hours before Pacific and 3 hours before Eastern. Heaven forbid the WG employees  were in Eastern Time zone "Actual Prime Prime" WG would have to pay their employees "ALL DAY" WG should consider 2 days of clan battles {Sat.&Sun.} 24 hours each day every week for the two month run. limit each Clan to "this is just a random number {50 battles per 24 hours}"{{ Adjustable by WG}} This would allow all Members of All Clans the ability to participate.

• Bad 1

[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
272 posts
8,398 battles

And a lot of this nonsense is WG assuming players ( people ) don't have families or a job, play until 11:30pm get real, this is just another false hope that WG gave us last time they said they would welcome our concerns and feed back, but to no avail again, they don't even want to fix the bugs for this Update and they know they are there, ( just wait until the next update ) REALLY, how about my Prime Time as a Premium player, how much have we or a lot of us lost due to WG ignorance .

Things will never change within this Arcade game unless the player base gets involved in it ( Players Council ) but WG won't let that happen either.

So a lot less players this time not playing CB Season two, imagine that. Everyone of us knew this was coming.

• Bad 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,334 posts
9,415 battles

Clan battles are fun enough.  But many of us went into it to grow our harbor.

Well, harbor is about done..   What are we fighting for now? 

Hoping there is something better than an inscription on our monument.

• Cool 1

[LRM3]
Members
281 posts
15,855 battles

Then? I fully understand that there is a great deal of planning and planning behind anything proposed but if they did that initial effort, now, after the first CB season, it would have been better to solve the problems.
If they do not they will end up a little like the Rankend. I have not played for a long time, I did only 8 battles but only because I had points to get to 15 but I really find them hateful. Even many of my friends in the clan and not only have told me that they have done this battle but then they have given up. Then because the ranked can not be played in div or clan has the incomprehensible
As well as other sensible choices. TR without the active ships, and I think without the possibility of avewre only observers in order to explore the map without a ship.

Too bad because they have a fun game, but I'm already looking around to see new proposals.

[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles

I just find it excessive. I've played games competitively in the past and I'm not sure I ever saw a match schedule quite like this. 4 nights a week for 4 hours is quite a commitment. 

[LRM3]
Members
281 posts
15,855 battles

39 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

I just find it excessive. I've played games competitively in the past and I'm not sure I ever saw a match schedule quite like this. 4 nights a week for 4 hours is quite a commitment. 

Yes indeed. CBs are stressful for various reasons and these schedules do not help or determine a real difference.

[WSU]
Members
17 posts
16,032 battles

so far CB has been great for me and my clan. Enjoyed first season and can't wait for second season. GJ WG and keep up the good work.

Thanks for making CB happen

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,334 posts
9,415 battles

I guess the question that never came up...  Since we can only use the 'Rental' ships in Clan Battles....

Can we use them in the Training Room?  Things like Battleships require some level of familiarity in knowing where the shots are going to land..

Or am I just being silly?