You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kerabatsos

Sold my Hosho because Guilt

10 comments in this topic

[USN50]
Members
70 posts
3,786 battles

I been playing my hosho for a while now. it tired the new couple tiers, didnt care for them so came back to hosho for fun. it has gotten to where, if i am losing in my other ships, i fall back into the hosho just to get a win. in fact, its the only ship that i have purple stats in and that i am 62% win ratio.

but there's the deal, i am not a unicorn nor have i ever been in any video game. i shouldnt be that good but i am. somethinng is wrong if i am purple. that tells me personally, this ship, and cv in general is just too op and weighs too much on that battle. i had all my capn skill built up on the hosho crews and my fighters would kill langley fighters and then i would get reported by noobs and then usually T4 cv players are just figuring cv out where i wasn't and would dominate the skies and win the game.

in the end i would feel bad after each battle because it just didnt seem like fair and fun play if i was on the red team and had to face me using my hosho. so i sold it and refuse to play anymore cv. sigh... 

I dont think cv is possible to fix without a complete redo. good luck WG!

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,223 posts
8,406 battles

You shouldn't feel guilty. There are plenty of other clubbers in T4 for you to club or get clubbed by.

• Boring 1

Members
3,360 posts
3,915 battles
19 minutes ago, Kerabatsos said:

i am not a unicorn

I certainly hope not. That would have been an awfully trying 9 months for your mother.

Edited by Cruiser_Fiume
  • Funny 1

[REVY]
Members
6,014 posts
5,102 battles
10 minutes ago, Cruiser_Fiume said:

I certainly hope not. That would have been an awfully trying 9 months for your mother.

Looks like I'm going to have to go full nerd on you with the Harry Potter wiki.

"Unicorn foals are born pure gold in colour. They remain so until they are about two years old, at which time they turn silver in colour. At around four years old their horn grows in. They are fully grown at about seven years old, at which at this age they turn a shade of pure white that is so bright that it makes freshly fallen snow look grey in comparison."

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[TF16B]
Members
8,062 posts
16,992 battles
41 minutes ago, Kerabatsos said:

In the end i would feel bad after each battle because it just didnt seem like fair and fun play if i was on the red team and had to face me using my hosho. so i sold it and refuse to play anymore cv. sigh...

Buy your Hosho back and go murder Bots in Co-op. There you can help newer players win battles. Guilt assuaged, still playing a ship you like, problem solved.

28 minutes ago, pikohan said:

You shouldn't feel guilty. There are plenty of other clubbers in T4 for you to club or get clubbed by.

Like me...

...except I’m not sure my skills are ‘clubber’   level, and I mostly play my low tier CVs in Co-op anyway.

[LHG]
Members
1,618 posts
4,887 battles

They Wyoming is sort of like that for me.  I love it when my rotation brings me back to her but I really don't feel guilty about playing her so its a bit hard for me to relate to your predicament.  

Ok, so, instead of selling her, why don't you create a schedule for the ships you your port.  It might be something like starting at your highest tier vessel and then working your way down until you reach tier one.  Everything gets played including your Hosho, but it won't be something you "go to" and feel guilty about, it's just something you can enjoy when her turn comes up again. 

[TF16B]
Members
8,062 posts
16,992 battles
2 minutes ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

They Wyoming is sort of like that for me.  I love it when my rotation brings me back to her...

Same here, as well as South Carolina.

Such fun deleting a Tenryu who obviously thought I was just another clueless So C driver...

About your handle; Mikasa needs friends, and Oregon and Olympic are the two from the USN I feel are most worthy of joining her.

• Cool 1

[USN50]
Members
70 posts
3,786 battles
14 minutes ago, BB3_Oregon_Steel said:

They Wyoming is sort of like that for me.  I love it when my rotation brings me back to her but I really don't feel guilty about playing her so its a bit hard for me to relate to your predicament.  

Ok, so, instead of selling her, why don't you create a schedule for the ships you your port.  It might be something like starting at your highest tier vessel and then working your way down until you reach tier one.  Everything gets played including your Hosho, but it won't be something you "go to" and feel guilty about, it's just something you can enjoy when her turn comes up again. 

yes thats what i do now. when i feel like getting a win, wyoming and texas do the trick for me now.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
37 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Looks like I'm going to have to go full nerd on you with the Harry Potter wiki.

"Unicorn foals are born pure gold in colour. They remain so until they are about two years old, at which time they turn silver in colour. At around four years old their horn grows in. They are fully grown at about seven years old, at which at this age they turn a shade of pure white that is so bright that it makes freshly fallen snow look grey in comparison."

I learned something here I never Knew. Now that was an interesting reply and educational. +1

[LHG]
Members
1,618 posts
4,887 battles
17 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Same here, as well as South Carolina.

Such fun deleting a Tenryu who obviously thought I was just another clueless So C driver...

About your handle; Mikasa needs friends, and Oregon and Olympic are the two from the USN I feel are most worthy of joining her.

Nice catch there.  Yeppers, I would love to see the Oregon and Olympia in WOWS, wouldn't mind seeing a number of their contemporaries either.