You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

178 comments in this topic

Members
77 posts

Hello,

I know CVs are are not in a good place right now. Ever since i started playing its always been the same. CVs suck, blah blah blah. i get why people LOVE to hate on CV players. i get why there are so few in the que. People play this game to have fun, not to get yelled at by both sides because of just being a CV player. So my question to WG is, When will there a be a change, Any change, to where just Queing with a CV wont get you reported. I want to keep grinding out my CVs, but match after match, good or bad, i get reported over and over. Its not fun, and it will only make me stop playing them too. I enjoy playing Big E, but thats all. Im up to the Lex, but from what ive seen as a BB main, and other players, the Lex is the worst CV in the game. So im not really wanting to continue it. Today, i was in a tier 10 match in Big E, i was trying my best, when a Pink Gofer demanded AAA help. i look at the map, hes the farthest ship from combat with no red planes anywhere near him. so i ignore him, and he then reports me. GEE OH BOY. DDs ask me to spot C, i do, call out that its clear for them to cap.Then another player in a Zao then starts saying im a S*** CV player and am getting carried.  While yes im not the best CV player, i was trying my best in a worst MM game i could get. I was doing what i could. I got angry and told them to **** and **** off. What more can i do? i kept the 2 red DDs spotted, and tried to attack what i could, without loosing too many planes in the process. We did end up winning. i did 99K Damage, and got told that i got carried. Yea, sure, whatever. I get what i said was wrong, and i understand getting reported for that, but when im flying tier 7 planes in a tier 10 match, what can i do? aluakbar my planes and gg no re? Whats a guy to do except stop playing CVs. I try to be a teamplayer as much as i can, but even so, a CV player cant be everywhere at once. 

Again like i said, im not a pro CV player, prob never will. what im looking for is the hate towards All CV players to calm down. For me, its been:

Fantastic game - no Thanks for the help CV or anything of the sort.

average game - reported 1 - 2 times, with no comment from anyone (usually).

bad game - reported 3+ times, yelled at in chat for being " S*** CV, uninstall, LTP, Ect"... Youve all seen it. it happens every day. 

So, My question to WG, When will something be done to stop the hate train to CV players? Even if you have a fantastic game in a CV, there is no love for those players. And every other game its hate hate hate. All that does is make me and others want to stop. With regards to the Main line i have stopped. I still play Big E every now and then, but i always have to ask myself, is it worth it? Is it worth all the hate and reports? To me, its not. I make this post, not to sturr up drama. I make this post because i want things to change. I want to have fun playing CVs. 

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 3

[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Supertester, Supertest Coordinator
11,944 posts
3,863 battles

Send replays or screenshots in to Support.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,020 posts
11,539 battles

People don't like games with CVs in them.  Since WG won't fix them, it's up to the players to bully them out of the game.  Until people enjoy games with CVs in them, it's not going to stop.

• Cool 8
  • Bad 10

Beta Testers
1,298 posts
3,583 battles

It's a Na server problem in particular other regions use CV's more often than we do. Pretty sure we still have some who don't know that CV's helped us win WW2 not battleships solely.

• Cool 1

[-AIM-]
Members
342 posts
1,023 battles

Issue is the hate towards CV players stems from the fact most CV player don't support the fleet or there team at all. Not saying anything bad but when you send your planes all the way to one side of the map when they are needed else where you will get hate. I now yes I mainly Cruiser and am pretty good at it but that doesn't mean I can take on 3 BBs a CA and a two DDs myself while the carrier supports the side with the most ships and leaves me alone, CV have the most powerful weapon onboard there planes and when used right you get praised when you used wrong you deal with consequences of it all. IF some one asks help don't be a noob and do nothing send planes to help theme and make sure you hit the ship I have seen more CV players miss the ship then hit and that doesn't help at all. It is mainly from Two points either the CV on your team does not help when the player needs it or they suffer cause the CV doesn't kill there Bombers and Torpedo Bombers and lets theme threw.

• Bad 1

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
3 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

People don't like games with CVs in them.  Since WG won't fix them, it's up to the players to bully them out of the game.  Until people enjoy games with CVs in them, it's not going to stop.

:Smile_great:

• Cool 2
  • Bad 3

[-AIM-]
Members
342 posts
1,023 battles
Just now, landedkiller said:

It's a Na server problem in particular other regions use CV's more often than we do. Pretty sure we still have some who don't know that CV's helped us win WW2 not battleships solely.

Yep CV carried the war for the most part but the fact still remains CV on the this server have some issues player base wise either they use theme right or they use theme wrong and the team suffers for it.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,224 posts
8,407 battles
7 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

I think that's the nail on the head right there.

[-AIM-]
Members
342 posts
1,023 battles
2 minutes ago, MajorGeneralJackOneill said:

Indeed, thats exactly what im talking about. Feelsbadman

Either A help your team first or don't use CVs that simple just got out of a match where the CV purposely didn't help me at all so before you cry why the hate look how you treat your team and the lack of help you give theme knowing well they asked for it. Ig they ask for help everything shouldn't matter and helping theme needs be your top priority not you sending planes to the wrong target.

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,020 posts
11,539 battles

If they would just give players that CV opt out button they've asked for, the problem would be solved.  CVs would get into games that don't have players that hate them, and everyone else would get games without the CVs they hate.

• Cool 5
  • Bad 2

Members
77 posts
Just now, MikeDSp said:

Either A help your team first or don't use CVs that simple just got out of a match where the CV purposely didn't help me at all so before you cry why the hate look how you treat your team and the lack of help you give theme knowing well they asked for it. Ig they ask for help everything shouldn't matter and helping theme needs be your top priority not you sending planes to the wrong target.

Indeed. If someone calls out for help, my planes are on the way. Simple as that. But when a BB way in the back, behind everyone else is crying for help, and doesnt need it, im going to spot for the DDs trying to cap first. Also attacking targets that have been requested take priority too.

• Cool 1

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
23 minutes ago, Gerbertz said:

reported, twice if you keep it up.

(kidding!)

lol

Beta Testers
284 posts
4,286 battles
16 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

Well said! Aircraft carriers especially at the Battle of Midway and the Coral Sea helped the Allies (mainly the US) win in the Pacific theater. This was especially true after the IJN lost so many carriers. I appreciate the comments and insight from everyone. Please know we are monitoring this topic and will pass any feedback along to the appropriate team. 

• Cool 1

[1NJS]
Members
422 posts
16 minutes ago, MikeDSp said:

Issue is the hate towards CV players stems from the fact most CV player don't support the fleet or there team at all. Not saying anything bad but when you send your planes all the way to one side of the map when they are needed else where you will get hate. I now yes I mainly Cruiser and am pretty good at it but that doesn't mean I can take on 3 BBs a CA and a two DDs myself while the carrier supports the side with the most ships and leaves me alone, CV have the most powerful weapon onboard there planes and when used right you get praised when you used wrong you deal with consequences of it all. IF some one asks help don't be a noob and do nothing send planes to help theme and make sure you hit the ship I have seen more CV players miss the ship then hit and that doesn't help at all. It is mainly from Two points either the CV on your team does not help when the player needs it or they suffer cause the CV doesn't kill there Bombers and Torpedo Bombers and lets theme threw.

Your oooo so wrong. I have had dd pop up and an Iowa could have helped and he did not because he hates cv. That has happened over and over again. This guy is right. Th player base suck when it comes to cv. Becuase you cant play them does not mean we should get the wrath of your day. No other ship has as bad of game than cv does when its in a game that 2 teir above.

I am so tired of having bbabi move out and get killed by 4 ships and then blam me for it.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[CAST]
Members
1,398 posts
5,815 battles

FWIW, I always go out of my way to compliment carrier players who do a good job, whether it's scoring a lot of kills & damage or spotting & keeping opposing aircraft at bay.  When I'm not too busy WASD'ing I try to put out a "thanks" or "good job" in the game chat as well.

People love to blame their difficulties on somebody else, and love to act like they're all experts on something which they've only experienced via videos or spectator mode.  If I see a teammate giving our carrier a hard time, particularly when the carrier hasn't done anything which would even remotely merit that abuse, I'll always suggest they hop into their own CV and show everybody how it's done.  I don't get too many replies to that.

• Cool 4

[-AIM-]
Members
342 posts
1,023 battles
6 minutes ago, MajorGeneralJackOneill said:

Indeed. If someone calls out for help, my planes are on the way. Simple as that. But when a BB way in the back, behind everyone else is crying for help, and doesnt need it, im going to spot for the DDs trying to cap first. Also attacking targets that have been requested take priority too.

You are one of 3 players that use CVs that do it right so far I havnly seen that many use theme right

• Cool 2

Members
77 posts
1 minute ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

Well said! Aircraft carriers especially at the Battle of Midway and the Coral Sea helped the Allies (mainly the US) win in the Pacific theater. This was especially true after the IJN lost so many carriers. I appreciate the comments and insight from everyone. Please know we are monitoring this topic and will pass any feedback along to the appropriate team. 

Thank You. I was ecstatic when the Big E was introduced into the game. I grew up watching alot of documentaries on her. Shes my favorite USN ship. And i do enjoy playing her on this game. She is what got me to start up the Main CV line.

CVs were our backbone back then, its sad to see so many have forgotten that.

• Cool 3

[1NJS]
Members
422 posts
10 minutes ago, MikeDSp said:

Again another person that does not play cv. I have been left alone to fight dd almost every game and no help from the team. I ask for help and they say no. When you are treated like trash game after game there is no reason to help. When the players base starts treating cv players right then maybe what you said is correct.

• Cool 2

[-AIM-]
Members
342 posts
1,023 battles
2 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Your oooo so wrong. I have had dd pop up and an Iowa could have helped and he did not because he hates cv. That has happened over and over again. This guy is right. Th player base suck when it comes to cv. Becuase you cant play them does not mean we should get the wrath of your day. No other ship has as bad of game than cv does when its in a game that 2 teir above.

I am so tired of having bbabi move out and get killed by 4 ships and then blam me for it.

Again don't like egting the hate then give the help that simple most matches I have been in with a CV has been just that I need help CV sends fighter to other side of the map that doesn't need help, or I ask for help and the CV torps me down instead of the enemy saying  I hate pCls for they never give me help. So tell me which way os the hate going.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[TBW]
Members
6,344 posts
11,892 battles
28 minutes ago, MajorGeneralJackOneill said:

So, My question to WG, When will something be done to stop the hate train to CV players? Even if you have a fantastic game in a CV, there is no love for those players. And every other game its hate hate hate. All that does is make me and others want to stop. With regards to the Main line i have stopped. I still play Big E every now and then, but i always have to ask myself, is it worth it? Is it worth all the hate and reports? To me, its not. I make this post, not to sturr up drama. I make this post because i want things to change. I want to have fun playing CVs. 

Sounds like you are about as good as my nephew at CV's and he's not good by any means. I actually won't play with him in a division anymore with a CV and not ever in a scenario for sure. I got tired of losing the battle 70% of the time when he was a CV. I don't hate CV's or CV players. I just won't sign up to fail with one in a division.

Members
77 posts
2 minutes ago, Harv72b said:

FWIW, I always go out of my way to compliment carrier players who do a good job, whether it's scoring a lot of kills & damage or spotting & keeping opposing aircraft at bay.  When I'm not too busy WASD'ing I try to put out a "thanks" or "good job" in the game chat as well.

People love to blame their difficulties on somebody else, and love to act like they're all experts on something which they've only experienced via videos or spectator mode.  If I see a teammate giving our carrier a hard time, particularly when the carrier hasn't done anything which would even remotely merit that abuse, I'll always suggest they hop into their own CV and show everybody how it's done.  I don't get too many replies to that.

Indeed. 

You can be my wingman anytime! I hope to see you ingame some time! 

[-AIM-]
Members
342 posts
1,023 battles
1 minute ago, jags_domain said:

Again another person that does not play cv. I have been left alone to fight dd almost every game and no help from the team. I ask for help and they say no. When you are treated like trash game after game there is no reason to help. When the players base starts treating cv players right then maybe what you said is correct.

Actually if a DD asks for help and I can help I do as best as I can doesn't help DDs pop smoke and give the enemy cover so I cant help cant hit what I cant see, also assuming all players don't help you is wrong I have had more matches where CV players didn't help ON PURPOSE than did so fa I have only meet 3 that actually helped me or the team properly.

[-AIM-]
Members
342 posts
1,023 battles
Just now, MajorGeneralJackOneill said:

Indeed. 

You can be my wingman anytime! I hope to see you ingame some time! 

If the CV player does good I compliment if they do wrong I just report as plays poorly and move on, if they are good and such I do compliment just not very often why not many good ones out there anymore. It also doesn't help most CV arnt balanced right anyway.