Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
FacePalming

WG, Why do you hate people on the West Coast?

22 comments in this topic

[CRMSN]
Members
147 posts
12,150 battles

I'm sorry, 4:30 - 8:30 p.m. for clan battles?  I have 2 huge problems with this:

1. I am at work until 5:00, and I don't get home until almost 6:00
  2. These times are right in the middle of dinner/soccer practice/family time, you know nightly stuff that is a little more important than a game.

By the time I'm actually able to get on to play during the week, I'll have maybe 1 game, if my clan has a spot left for me.

Why can't it start a little later, and go a little longer?

• Boring 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,072 posts
9,188 battles

Think about how late it is for the East coast. Seems like they tried to strike a balance.

• Cool 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,222 posts
8,400 battles

There's sadly more people on the East Coast than the West Coast :Smile_sad:

- A lifelong West Coaster

[R-F]
Members
675 posts
6,170 battles
3 minutes ago, paradat said:

Think about how late it is for the East coast. Seems like they tried to strike a balance.

As an East Coast (well, EST anyhow) grown-up, 5pm-9pm is for getting home from work, having dinner, taking care of whatever home business might be needed, interacting with my children, and putting them to bed.  Sometimes I get a few battles in during that time but serious play for me starts after 9pm EST and runs until midnight or later.  Last season I was the guy that showed up after the group was already rolling and hung around in case someone had to drop out.  I don't expect this season to be any different in that regard.

Everyone's schedule is different of course but personally I'm with the west coast guys on this one.

[FADES]
Members
145 posts
3,633 battles

WG NA has stated (on the forums somewhere I read it) that they are working on a Clan War system for WoW's that will allow players to battle other servers/regions Clans, without transferring our accounts, etc...but this is still a ways off.

I think they are doing the best they can to make it work for the most players across North America.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clan Battles Prime Time is from 16:30 - 20:30 PT (19:30 - 23:30 ET) on Wednesday,  Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, you might be able to do 1 battle on Wed & Thurs night with your clan, and you can make all of them on Sat & Sun night, so more than 50% of them are good, that doesn't seem terrible to me.

[B2P]
Members
498 posts
13,210 battles
10 minutes ago, FacePalming said:

IIRC, season 1 times for the west coast were from 5pm to 8pm, so they did actually extend it a little longer.  I was hoping for more of an extension myself as well though.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

West Coast WG  employees want to fight in Clan Wars Right after Punching out for the day. Besides Traffic has diminished for the ride home. They could care less about the real people,its all about them. Don't believe me Move the HQ to NY and see the "Primetime" Change.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,072 posts
9,188 battles
5 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

As an East Coast (well, EST anyhow) grown-up, 5pm-9pm is for getting home from work, having dinner, taking care of whatever home business might be needed, interacting with my children, and putting them to bed.  Sometimes I get a few battles in during that time but serious play for me starts after 9pm EST and runs until midnight or later.  Last season I was the guy that showed up after the group was already rolling and hung around in case someone had to drop out.  I don't expect this season to be any different in that regard.

Everyone's schedule is different of course but personally I'm with the west coast guys on this one.

Well later is always better for me as well and I am on the West coast. 

So maybe we need a poll. I would be happy to push the time back.

[-I-]
Members
721 posts
8,136 battles

As with last season, we suggested the time frame should be extended by at least two more hours for the west cost players.  It's a bit silly that they stuck to the same time frame after how much feedback they got as to how inconvenient it is.

[CRMSN]
Members
147 posts
12,150 battles
21 minutes ago, paradat said:

I don't think 8-midnight is that out of the question for East Coasts.  I would much rather be playing at that time than 4:30-8:30.

Members
3,360 posts
3,915 battles
29 minutes ago, paradat said:

This. It's ridiculously late for the east (if you work).

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,022 posts
11,126 battles

Its 10:30pm to 2:30am for me... well i'm ok with that time.

They extend the time on this CW.

[STP]
[STP]
Beta Testers
2,022 posts
11,126 battles
40 minutes ago, pikohan said:

- A lifelong West Coaster

This pops in my head

[CRMSN]
Members
147 posts
12,150 battles
20 minutes ago, Cruiser_Fiume said:

This. It's ridiculously late for the east (if you work).

8:00-Midnight EST does not feel too late. 

If you start at 9:00, you can play for ~2 hours and still be in bed by 10-10:30.  These times also give me ~2 hours to play on the west coast by the time all home activities are completed.

[5D]
Members
2,213 posts
13,959 battles

WG knows when the player population starts to trend down and they planned the clan battle times accordingly.

While West Coast players may want longer hours there won't necessarily be as many teams on to battle the closer you get to midnight.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Not Good Enough! 24/2 Sat & Sun. This should be the way Friday Midnight thru Sunday Midnite in NA Central Standard TIme {Centralized means Order.}

[PNP]
Members
4,314 posts
13,313 battles

West coast people need to use less internet, think of all the poor people who can't get enough.   come on West coast ! do your part !

Members
316 posts
2,270 battles

While we're at it, let's ask the NFL to schedule games later so that West Coasters who like to sleep in don't miss half of the action. :Smile-_tongue:

In all seriousness though, I know how much of a pain our time zone can be. Even though I've never played Clan Battles, I've tried to coordinate group activities on other games and boy, that 2-3 hour difference with friends that live in the Central and Eastern time zones can be a pain to work with.

[RUST]
Beta Testers
931 posts
10,345 battles

This was discussed to death last season and nothing was really change since people on the west coast are still screwed over this season by their window for "prime time". 

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
557 posts
3 hours ago, FacePalming said:

I'm sorry, 4:30 - 8:30 p.m. for clan battles?  I have 2 huge problems with this:

1. I am at work until 5:00, and I don't get home until almost 6:00
  2. These times are right in the middle of dinner/soccer practice/family time, you know nightly stuff that is a little more important than a game.

By the time I'm actually able to get on to play during the week, I'll have maybe 1 game, if my clan has a spot left for me.

starts at midday, on work days.

you know, daily stuff that is more important than a game...

[SIDE]
Members
714 posts
3,135 battles

I'm happy for the 30 minute extensions. And this comes from a player who gets home at 7:30 PM Pacific. Having an hour to play clan wars instead of just 30 minutes makes me a really happy person. 

At least they EXTENDED it for both sides. I feel sympathy for some one that has to be at work rather early at work. (Early AM Shifts) and need their sleep.

Sign in to follow this