You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Liv_e

Seriously WG

18 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
1,608 battles

Bought the HSF Harekaze last night and then today the 6 point captain that comes with it turns into an 8 point captain for the same price. Also werent the ships supposed to be removed this morning as well

[PVE]
Members
8,852 posts
7,257 battles
2 minutes ago, Liv_e said:

Bought the HSF Harekaze last night and then today the 6 point captain that comes with it turns into an 8 point captain for the same price. Also werent the ships supposed to be removed this morning as well

Aww, wish I would have known when I bought it last week. :(

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,476 battles

If you didn't actually play the ship (yeah, I know, who does that, right?) then you can probably get a refund on the purchase.  If not, file a ticket and explain the situation.  At worst, you've wasted 10 minutes.  But I would not be surprised if they just gave you some elite commander XP, enough to raise that 6 pointer to an 8 pointer.  They've been known to be pretty practical in such situations.

Honestly, I'd probably start with that regardless.

Edited by kerensky914

[PVE]
Members
8,852 posts
7,257 battles
2 minutes ago, AspiringCodger said:

Throw on some flags and camo and you can get those two points in about the time it would take you to make your case to WG.

Depends on if you are a PvE main or not. I bought it and played it, so I'll just keep working Thea to be more than 6 pts. I have a Graf Spee 11pt captain who works in both and who will be my Hipper/Eugen captain. Thea will stay on the Graf Spee's and I will make her their permanent captain. At least until I need another 6+pt captain. :)

Members
6 posts
1,608 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Depends on if you are a PvE main or not. I bought it and played it, so I'll just keep working Thea to be more than 6 pts. I have a Graf Spee 11pt captain who works in both and who will be my Hipper/Eugen captain. Thea will stay on the Graf Spee's and I will make her their permanent captain. At least until I need another 6+pt captain. :)

Thea is still only 6 points though. But my point isnt the 2 points its how WG just changes the package without warning and offers no compensation to people who bought it earlier

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
6 minutes ago, Liv_e said:

Thea is still only 6 points though. But my point isnt the 2 points its how WG just changes the package without warning and offers no compensation to people who bought it earlier

I do get that, because most major retailers offer some sort of price guarantee these days, people expect it.  It still kind of gets under my skin though.  If I make a purchase, it means I agreed the price was fair for I was getting.  I would never dream of going back and demanding money back or additional items because the store decided to have a sale shortly after.

Members
6 posts
1,608 battles

To be fair most stores these days allow price adjustments within 30-90 days which refunds you the difference if there is a sale on what you bought

[SEOP]
Members
1,286 posts
47 minutes ago, Liv_e said:

yeah but its a premium.  you plop any Japanese Cap'n into it.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,043 battles

If you want WG's attention, charge back immediately and gave WG the reason for charge back.

Account receivable has far more sway over WG than over glorified customer reps on forums.

Edited by NeutralState
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,092 posts
9,193 battles
2 hours ago, Liv_e said:

Don't use the HSF Captain, Train your IJN captains.

Members
6 posts
1,608 battles
1 minute ago, NeutralState said:

If you want WG's attention, charge back immediately and gave WG the reason for charge back.

Account receivable has far more sway over WG than over glorified customer reps on forums.

Cant cause I bought through steam

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
4 minutes ago, Liv_e said:

To be fair most stores these days allow price adjustments within 30-90 days which refunds you the difference if there is a sale on what you bought

That's what I meant when I said "price guarantee".  Like I said though, I do get it...  I guess I'm just getting crotchety in my old age.

[PVE]
Members
8,852 posts
7,257 battles
25 minutes ago, Liv_e said:

13 minutes ago, AspiringCodger said:

I do get that, because most major retailers offer some sort of price guarantee these days, people expect it.  It still kind of gets under my skin though.  If I make a purchase, it means I agreed the price was fair for I was getting.  I would never dream of going back and demanding money back or additional items because the store decided to have a sale shortly after.

9 minutes ago, Liv_e said:

Maybe if WG gave some small item as compensation for a price change during the next patch? That would be about 3-6 weeks time; from the beginning of one patch to the end of another is ~6 weeks. Say 10 economic flags or a few containers as a 'hey, the price changed and you are a valued customer'. Of course that ties up manpower resources to work the requests, so unless people are leaving over it, it probably won't happen IMO.

[POP]
Members
839 posts
9,479 battles
33 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

This man is a genius. +1

[TDG]
Members
1,127 posts
5,688 battles

There was an Ultimate bundle before Christmas that included a 12-point Akeno for Harekaze.  I had budgeted for that purchase this month, but it went away.  (I had planned to spec her for Kagero when I unlocked it.)

I got Harekaze last month before the deal got any worse.  It did save me some money as the lesser deal was also cheaper.