Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Reset Operations once a quarter?

15 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

So I'm thinking how do we increase average numbers on the server... how about resetting the rewards for the Ops missions every 90 days (for the player).

Say day 1 of a new year you five star an op. In 90 days (the 91st day of the year) you were to allow the player to reap the rewards of another five star victory for that same Ops - would that help? 

We currently have six ops... if you could five star an op every week then maybe setting the reset period to sixty days would work even better, without giving away the store. 

Whatchathink? tiafyc

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,334 posts
9,415 battles

Thing is..   Once you conquer the thing, it becomes easier to carry.

Start trying out lesser ships..  like Indianapolis, Pensacola, and Sims in Narai -- instead of paying  the pittance cool-down 75K to the Narai clubber Atlanta (which earns 250-500K+ credits easy).

I think once is fair.  After that, we're farming.

Would be nice to get Dunkirk back for those who didn't get a French captain the first time.  Might be nice to have T5 DDs, Gallant, and Blyskawica participating.

Edited by AVR_Project

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,577 posts
3,915 battles

As a player who is currently grinding credits with premium ships in operations, I support this idea!

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,577 posts
3,915 battles
3 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

I think once is fair.  After that, we're farming.

vb3TvcT.jpg

• Funny 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,223 posts
8,406 battles

Would love for them to do it, doubt that it will happen.

[FOXEH]
Members
3,321 posts
11,848 battles

Great idea @Herr_Reitz! I also doubt they do it. That would be the equivalent of giving almost a month of premium time away per year (24 days).

[INTEL]
Members
6,627 posts
25,306 battles

Doubt it but it would be nice.

Narai is easy and Atlanta farms like crazy.

The current one is not so easy but very doable. Ships used don't pay as much .So far I tried Arizona, Huang He and De Grasse. De Grasse did best and paid the most.

Cleveland goes in next. I prefer Premiums as they can train and generally pay better. Hmm should try Duca, Molotov, and the Macarena then.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

Well hay... never figure they'll do it... but how about every six months? I mean it's a new year and last year's results are still showing. :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,781 battles

Well we can look forward to the "Hard Mode" of each of the Operations and I would bet money that you probably will get similar rewards for completing it with the increased difficulty.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
10 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

So I'm thinking how do we increase average numbers on the server... how about resetting the rewards for the Ops missions every 90 days (for the player).

Say day 1 of a new year you five star an op. In 90 days (the 91st day of the year) you were to allow the player to reap the rewards of another five star victory for that same Ops - would that help? 

We currently have six ops... if you could five star an op every week then maybe setting the reset period to sixty days would work even better, without giving away the store. 

Whatchathink? tiafyc

Yeah I like the idea here are a few more I came up with.

[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,781 battles

Chaos those were some great ideas. The only thing I would add is make the rewards available for each class of ship. In other words you get similar rewards for completing the OPs mission with a carrier, a DD, a CA, and BB. There is even an achievement for that as well. It would quadruple the replay value of each OPs mission and if you changed up the 4 star reward for each class (ie instead of a 10 point captain each time, change it to credits, elite xp, a modules, etc) would provide lots of life to the scenarios that the designers put so much time into creating.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

Yup @Chaos_EN2 good suggestions. Let's hope they consider some of them for the near future. 

Long ago I asked/suggested they make the regular maps have a bit of dynamic action... like mystery islands that are there one match but not the next. It would avoid some stagnancy in playing the regular old maps. :cap_haloween:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
20 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Yup @Chaos_EN2 good suggestions. Let's hope they consider some of them for the near future. 

Long ago I asked/suggested they make the regular maps have a bit of dynamic action... like mystery islands that are there one match but not the next. It would avoid some stagnancy in playing the regular old maps. :cap_haloween:

Thank you, I was also thinking about random spawn points for the Bots, but I am not sure how other players would feel about that.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

I just five starred the current op with a great team... I was informed I had previously been awarded the rewards on 07.06.2017 - that's the 7th of June, 2017! Wow. I gotta find a new game. 

Sign in to follow this