Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rusty_Bucket__

One Shot Iowa Kill with Missouri

23 comments in this topic

[TNG]
Members
603 posts
22,775 battles

While playing a game this morning I got my biggest volley score with one shot. I one shot killed an Iowa, killing her and getting 76,209 damage points. Ultimately I scored 194,193 damage, but still lost the battle. The shot was a long range plunging shot.

shot-18.02.07_12.38.21-0156_zpsegfpsb5a.shot-18.02.07_12.38.35-0558_zpsqzdn5dku.

Edited by Rusty_Bucket__
Provided Photo Documentation
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[STORM]
Alpha Tester
1,016 posts
2,608 battles

Nice! Those feel great especially plunging citadels. My best was my Yamato quad citadelling a Midway at full speed from 28.5 km (used spotting plane). It is tremendously satisfying.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,987 posts
12,488 battles

Did you detonate him or just plant 6+ AP shells into his citadel?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,496 posts
10,211 battles
27 minutes ago, Rusty_Bucket__ said:

While playing a game this morning I got my biggest volley score with one shot. I one shot killed an Iowa, killing her and getting 76,209 damage points. Ultimately I scored 194,193 damage, but still lost the battle. The shot was a long range plunging shot.

NICE! Well done.

As Lert said was it a detonation or a bunch of citadels?

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[TNG]
Members
603 posts
22,775 battles

I got only 1 hit and it was a Cit. I'd put a pic, but I have to leave for work.  I've closed program. Not sure if it was a detonation. Saved screenshot, having rebuilt PC, have to find file. Off to work.

Edited by Rusty_Bucket__

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
5 minutes ago, Rusty_Bucket__ said:

I got only 1 hit and it was a Cit. I'd put a pic, but I have to leave for work.  I've closed program. Not sure if it was a detonation. Saved screenshot, having rebuilt PC, have to find file. Off to work.

Well congratz. I got me a Cleveland this morning, with a broadside from my Graf Spee, got 1st Blood and D. Strike in Random, got him as he turned. Nothing as amazing as your, but I mainly play Co-Op/Operations, So at least I was amazed.

[POP]
Members
1,229 posts
8,090 battles

One shot, surely a detonation. The results screen would have shown it. 

[TF16B]
Members
492 posts
6,722 battles

I did this once too, with multiple citadel hits. I was actually shocked by it. Yesterday I killed a gnevy with a single shell from my Atlanta...the detonation sounds and 1st blood announcement were so loud it actually scared me ?. I felt so bad I actually apologized to the guy ?

Alpha Tester
1,302 posts
9,297 battles

My fav was when the Tirpitz first released. Got a double cit/kill at 31km in my Yamato on a Tirpitz running away from me.

Btw the Tirptiz release was significant because I was in a game vs a Monty and the rest of both teams were Tirptiz.

[CK5]
Members
783 posts
6,261 battles

I'm glad someone else was the victim of one of those shots.  I'm tired of taking them.  

• Cool 1

[NSF]
Beta Testers
4,988 posts
5,724 battles

But Iowa is literally uncitable since the buff!!!!1!

t. Some guy in an FDG, probably

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,716 battles

Can already hear the crowd in the background murmuring for a nerf to the MO.  Multiple threads incoming soon. lol

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,012 posts
9,223 battles

One shot a Iowa with an Ognevoi, torp to the bow.  Iowa Capt. "wth", I think the battle stopped for a minute as everyone was chiming in... pretty incredible

Members
1,790 posts
17,416 battles
2 hours ago, Rusty_Bucket__ said:

I got only 1 hit

That clarifies that mystery...1 hit can only be a detonation (at least I hope there's no new armament that can score a 76k+ cit hit w/out a detonation).

• Cool 1

[YAN]
Members
1,637 posts
7,464 battles
49 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

That clarifies that mystery...1 hit can only be a detonation (at least I hope there's no new armament that can score a 76k+ cit hit w/out a detonation).

battleship up the [edited]do that anyday.

Members
1,790 posts
17,416 battles
1 minute ago, Akeno017 said:

battleship up the [edited]do that anyday.

Not w/only 1 hit.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,496 posts
10,211 battles
3 hours ago, Rusty_Bucket__ said:

Detonated it. Still awesome.

[TXP]
Members
659 posts
10,291 battles

Iowa not fun to play, loose a lot of credits for the novelty of it (break even at 137K damage), alternate play with KGV for credit restore and joy of game in general. Worse ship to encounter is Kutzov, will follow you around until you are a cinder.

Edited by Ericson38
  • Bad 1

[PRI]
[PRI]
Members
16 posts
13,412 battles

First time I took out the north carolina I was detonated by a torp that hit under the number 1 turret. Almost quit the line after that.

Edited by Kurok1972

[TXP]
Members
659 posts
10,291 battles

I find that in Iowa, another Iowa is the easiest ship to get a citadel penetration on. When I see multiple BBs to fire at under 20 km, I'll pick another Iowa (poor skipper) to throw AP at, as a CIT penetration happens about 1 in 4 salvos that way. Don't know why that is, but easier than almost any other T8-10 BB.

Sign in to follow this