You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Super_Splash_Bro

[In Game] Gaede Hunting Monsieur

65 comments in this topic

224 posts
3,169 battles
15 hours ago, gregoire_bo said:

@bassmasta76 you are good, really! In comparisson to my effort you are getting number easier than me!

I played 77 games ( I took it personally) and got 162 floods (many floodless game exsisted)

I got to agree that LIQUIDATOR is really tough to get! I got mine cause I was lucky! 

5a8111f1e9739_(547).thumb.png.84853ca20c57bcdb96d71a0688b371a8.png

I think I have the right to dream and ... expecting the results!

@Super_Splash_Bro thank you so very much for the event! Gaede and me got to know eachother better (didnt played anything else for 2 days!!!

You're welcome. Glad to hear that bringing out a ship that doesn't get much play got our community excited about playing it. I should have the results up in the next day or two. Thanks to everyone who participated.

• Cool 2

502 posts
12,883 battles
3 hours ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

You're welcome. Glad to hear that bringing out a ship that doesn't get much play got our community excited about playing it. I should have the results up in the next day or two. Thanks to everyone who participated.

The thought was in my mind but just realized I never said it so I'll say it now also...Thanx.

I mainly just run ships that advance me on the tech tree & rarely go back to past ships w/the exception of a few (although I did keep every KM DD because they were all pretty fun ships to run I've never really run any of them). Gaede was 1 of those ships that I probably would have overlooked coming back to & I also stuck mainly to it the whole weekend (exception: insta deletions assured me enough time to jump in another ship...& unfortunately there were more of those than I would have liked...but that says more about me than the Gaede...or any other ship). It was overall a fun weekend running around in it. Being used to the higher tier meta I assume running lower tiers to be clubbing/stat padding but I managed to get clubbed pretty good myself a few many times although overall my win rate in the ship did improve.

Thanx for picking a DD w/a narrow margin for stealth torping...made it challenging & fun at the same time.

• Cool 1

[WOLFX] Oldsarge_1 2
26 posts
4,202 battles

was busy playing tier 5 this weekend because thats the highest my buddies had available.  Got liquidator in the french cruiser of all things.

[AGP] gregoire_bo 8
41 posts
12,175 battles

@Oldsarge_1 I got Liquidator few hours ago playing the FUSUN, one match and the achievement came easily! 

It's hard when you "hunt" the achievement and so easy when you are cool playing a game for fun.

@Super_Splash_Bro, I have an idea! It would be nice as a coincidence to announce the X13 winners at the 13th of February! 

Edited by gregoire_bo

224 posts
3,169 battles
17 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

The thought was in my mind but just realized I never said it so I'll say it now also...Thanx.

I mainly just run ships that advance me on the tech tree & rarely go back to past ships w/the exception of a few (although I did keep every KM DD because they were all pretty fun ships to run I've never really run any of them). Gaede was 1 of those ships that I probably would have overlooked coming back to & I also stuck mainly to it the whole weekend (exception: insta deletions assured me enough time to jump in another ship...& unfortunately there were more of those than I would have liked...but that says more about me than the Gaede...or any other ship). It was overall a fun weekend running around in it. Being used to the higher tier meta I assume running lower tiers to be clubbing/stat padding but I managed to get clubbed pretty good myself a few many times although overall my win rate in the ship did improve.

Thanx for picking a DD w/a narrow margin for stealth torping...made it challenging & fun at the same time.

You're welcome. I understand the Liquidator requirement was a challenge but Niko and I agreed it was a good idea to set the bar a little high. Glad to hear you had fun and most of the reaction has been positive.

[5IN] bassmasta76 188
1,473 posts
6,544 battles
1 hour ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

You're welcome. I understand the Liquidator requirement was a challenge but Niko and I agreed it was a good idea to set the bar a little high. Glad to hear you had fun and most of the reaction has been positive.

And why not, if it was too easy,  what fun would that be?

On a side note, have you posted the winners yet?  Maybe I missed it, but despite not meeting the criteria, I'm curious to see who won.

B

• Cool 1

224 posts
3,169 battles
4 hours ago, Odd_Robert said:

Any results posted yet for this event?

Yes, the winners were posted this morning on the bottom of the original post on the first page.

[5IN] bassmasta76 188
1,473 posts
6,544 battles
1 hour ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

Yes, the winners were posted this morning on the bottom of the original post on the first page.

Congratulations to the winners, well done!:cap_like:.

On a side note, I've been playing the Ernst Gaede almost exclusively since the contest.   Why, you may ask?  Well, for one, its a helluva fun boat to play, but I wanted to see how long it would take me to get a liquidator.  

No such luck yet.  I've logged 48 matches since the event and still no liquidator.  I'm determined though.  I will get one in this ship.

B

• Cool 2

[POP] Gerbertz 59
252 posts
6,294 battles
14 hours ago, bassmasta76 said:

On a side note, I've been playing the Ernst Gaede almost exclusively since the contest.  

I was one of your victims, you monster.

[5IN] bassmasta76 188
1,473 posts
6,544 battles
1 hour ago, Gerbertz said:

I was one of your victims, you monster.

Lol, sorry mate... I think I recall that match... were you in T-22?  That ship can be wicked hard to hit consistently.

Sorry I didn't say hello.  :Smile_honoring:

B

• Cool 1

[V_KNG] Herr_Reitz 1,395
7,950 posts

Say - how about including the word CONTEST in the title of the post next time, right? Might get more participation next time? Cause I (and perhaps many others) don't browse the forums via the categories but rather just by the content/title line. Well, at least me. 

[5IN] bassmasta76 188
1,473 posts
6,544 battles

giphy.gif.5ffd25c579985b8b574023eab237f743.gif

Woo Woo!  :cap_win:

I finally achieved a Liquidator in my Ernst Gaede today!!  Of course it had to happen on a loss, but I'll take it.  It was on a New York that must have DCP'd already, but I didn't notice it when I launched my torps.  The match started good, but went down hill pretty quickly.  After launching torps, I smoked up to avoid getting caught by a fast approaching Queen Elizabeth.  Everything was going well until the other DD on my team decided to launch torps behind me... at the QE.  I had to leave my cover to avoid getting TK'd, which resulted in my quick demise by focus fire from the red team.   Oh well, ship happens, but I still got my Liquidator, so I'm happy.  

B

shot-18_02.20_11_43.07-0609.thumb.jpg.ac665e0a5d2cd4090b993255c74a0bb7.jpg