Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
temp1ar

Giulio Cesare - no longer available

28 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

10
[YETI]
Members
100 posts
4,175 battles

While looking at the tech tree, with update 0.7.1.0 Giulio Cesare is no longer available.   I am so glad I picked her up a few days ago.   The Cesare has become my favorite ship, super fun to play.

 

Edited by temp1ar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,376
[-K-]
Members
5,110 posts
8,979 battles

And if speculation is to be believed, we may never see her for sale again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
328
[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,134 posts
10,061 battles

Most of the ships that were added during the christmas period have been removed, including such winners as Oleg and Krasny Krim, which like the GC, will probably return at some future date, lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,013
[OPG]
[OPG]
Beta Testers
1,451 posts
10,249 battles

It's pretty broken.

I'm not sure if I'd go so far as to say it's a tier 5 Nikolai... but close. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
161
[WPP]
Members
458 posts
5,133 battles

If a total moron like me can get 150K-175K damage with some regularity it is a totally broken ship.  Glad it's gone, but everyone who wanted it probably had it already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,308 posts
3,887 battles
14 minutes ago, DOCTOR_CITADEL said:

It's pretty broken.

I'm not sure if I'd go so far as to say it's a tier 5 Nikolai... but close. 

It could be.  That being said, Nikolai has pretty strong armor...while you have to angle in a GC.  A broadside GC = dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
123
[SOA]
Alpha Tester
557 posts
2,495 battles

Broadside Nikolai is just as dead. I've gotten nuked by Nassaus in mine when I got careless and gave them too much side.

--Helms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
540
Members
2,059 posts
5,097 battles

Nikolai side armor is garbage. Probably more garbage than GC side armor. The bow armor and turret angles are what count here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
95
[LRM3]
[LRM3]
Members
394 posts
5,406 battles

I'm waiting for the Abruzzi to become available. So far I have every Italian ship and would hope that since the Giulio Cesare is gone, to fill it's spot with the Abruzzi ;)  (I'm not worried about it's current state either)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
216
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,012 posts
9,223 battles

Guilio is one of my Fav ships!  Was waiting for the Italians and they have not disappointed.  Guilio is OP over her historical counter part in her ability to maneuver, and her 12.6 inch guns seem to be fairly robust, but with a slower rate of fire than you should see for this lighter gun.  Comparison would be the T5 New York, with 14'' guns, and in a duel you got to go with the Guilio in game, but historically have to go with NY. (Where all BBs are seen equally well lol)  So with the better concealment that makes her a bit OP, but probably as in most cases, comes down to the skill of the captain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
626 posts
1,630 battles

This appears to be a pattern for super OP BB premiums, especially at the lower tiers(Nikolai gone, Gangut, gone, Caesare gone). I think the current lineup of BB premiums tend to be more common in game and less OP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
328
[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,134 posts
10,061 battles

folk are presuming the ship is gone for good. The evidence is shaky at best. Cheers!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4 posts
505 battles
4 hours ago, Morpheous said:

Guilio is one of my Fav ships!  Was waiting for the Italians and they have not disappointed.  Guilio is OP over her historical counter part in her ability to maneuver, and her 12.6 inch guns seem to be fairly robust, but with a slower rate of fire than you should see for this lighter gun.  Comparison would be the T5 New York, with 14'' guns, and in a duel you got to go with the Guilio in game, but historically have to go with NY. (Where all BBs are seen equally well lol)  So with the better concealment that makes her a bit OP, but probably as in most cases, comes down to the skill of the captain.

 

I've found it to be way OP relative to tier.  And it's not anecdotal, either.  It's not only the highest DPS Tier V BB out there, it's so OP that it comes in between the Kii (Tier 8) and the Duke of York (Tier 8) with an average DPS of 53,980 and has higher DPS than at least half the Tier 7 & 8 BBs and all the Tier 6.   It's monster.   I'm glad I have one.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4 posts
505 battles
1 hour ago, LancerUlysses said:

folk are presuming the ship is gone for good. The evidence is shaky at best. Cheers!

 

My experience (from WoT) is that when they really foul up, they don't re-release.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
328
[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,134 posts
10,061 battles

If you check, it seems there were eleven other ships that were taken down from tech tree sales the same day. Most of those suck. Just saying there may be another explanation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
216
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,012 posts
9,223 battles
On 2/7/2018 at 4:10 PM, Buffy_the_Terror said:

 

I've found it to be way OP relative to tier.  And it's not anecdotal, either.  It's not only the highest DPS Tier V BB out there, it's so OP that it comes in between the Kii (Tier 8) and the Duke of York (Tier 8) with an average DPS of 53,980 and has higher DPS than at least half the Tier 7 & 8 BBs and all the Tier 6.   It's monster.   I'm glad I have one.  :)

I will take your word for this, and I am glad I have one too!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52
[90TH]
[90TH]
Members
111 posts
11,710 battles

Need cits for a mission?.....GC is the way to go

 

Just saying :-)

 

*Salute*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
5 minutes ago, Gyphon_GF said:

Need cits for a mission?.....GC is the way to go

 

Just saying :-)

 

*Salute*

I use my Arizona for citadels, or my New York class not saying that she isnt good at getting them or anything but IME I get normal pens a lot more then citadels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52
[90TH]
[90TH]
Members
111 posts
11,710 battles

I took the GC out needing the 8 cits and in one match got 6...next match I finished it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
102
[BSL]
Members
724 posts
14,392 battles
On 2/7/2018 at 11:30 AM, LancerUlysses said:

Most of the ships that were added during the christmas period have been removed, including such winners as Oleg and Krasny Krim, which like the GC, will probably return at some future date, lol. 

Donut ship bad...but fun to one shot though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
321 posts
4,565 battles

I love my Julio. I wanna rename her "EX". Why? Because she's a vicious witch from which thee is no escape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4
[3TL]
[3TL]
Members
26 posts
4,089 battles

I have found that every ship that has been sold will one day be sold again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
34 posts
4,498 battles

Well, I am glad I bought mine when I did. I love that ship. I just don't play her as much.

'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
102
[BSL]
Members
724 posts
14,392 battles
On 2/18/2018 at 11:36 PM, veshoon said:

I have found that every ship that has been sold will one day be sold again.

 

Like Gremmy...oh, wait...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×