You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Panzer1113

Pruning of Tech Tree

17 comments in this topic

[NOOOB]
Members
1,439 posts
12,064 battles

Was interesting this morning taking a look at the new and improved tech tree with a large reduction in those unsightly premium ships hanging off.  Has greatly reduced the doubloons offering, especially in lower tiers, in terms of ships.  Not sure what the intent of the change, lowering emphasis on doubloons?  Trying to create more cash transactions ( real currency, not in-game currency)?  Trying to up- tier purchases by offering less low tier ships?  Just cleaning out the deadwood (i.e. ships that sell poorly now)? 

[NOOOB]
Members
1,439 posts
12,064 battles
1 minute ago, skull_122_steel said:

none of the above. every few updates they switch out premiums in the tech tree to give more variety.

Could just be a “refreshing”, but was suprising the number of premiums that dropped off,  not sure if any new were added.

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
1 minute ago, Panzer1113 said:

Could just be a “refreshing”, but was suprising the number of premiums that dropped off,  not sure if any new were added.

they were selling a lot extra because of christmas and stuff

[HINON]
Supertester
18,932 posts
12,454 battles
9 minutes ago, skull_122_steel said:

they were selling a lot extra because of christmas and stuff

^

Extra ship availability for the holidays, now we're back to the regularly scheduled offering.

Members
9,863 posts
13 minutes ago, Panzer1113 said:

9k battles and you haven't noticed the WG lakes to play hide and seek? :Smile_amazed:

[NOOOB]
Members
1,439 posts
12,064 battles
6 minutes ago, awiggin said:

9k battles and you haven't noticed the WG lakes to play hide and seek? :Smile_amazed:

Usually the changes are not this drastic, especially at lower tiers of premiums 

Members
9,863 posts
1 minute ago, Panzer1113 said:

Usually the changes are not this drastic, especially at lower tiers of premiums 

Well, up until the holidays we had the normal complement, it was actually surprising they left them in the tree this long. 

As far as lower tiers, no idea why they'd clear so many, but lets face it, they are better off from a income standpoint getting players to buy higher tier premiums, regardless of the effect on the game.:Smile_teethhappy:

And yes skull it was "likes"

Alpha Tester
3,476 posts
1,521 battles

It's all about marketing.  

By removing a ship your create a demand that may very well shift anyone on the fence about buying into taking the plunge due to fear of the ship not being available again any time soon or maybe forever.  I mean there is a frenzy going on right now as people struggle to get enough free XP to pick up the Missouri while they still can.  You can bet that WG is going to make money hand over fist when they finally announce the last date it will be available because all the people who have came up short from grinding out the Free XP will be buying gold to convert XP to finish off getting it.  If they had decided to never remove it, very few people would actually spend any money.

[TDG]
Members
1,127 posts
5,688 battles
6 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

I assume the Missouri was removed?

I haven't been in since the patch dropped, but Missouri should still be available.

It is scheduled to be removed with 0.7.2 which is expected in about 3 weeks.

Members
3,412 posts
6,072 battles
2 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

I haven't been in since the patch dropped, but Missouri should still be available.

It is scheduled to be removed with 0.7.2 which is expected in about 3 weeks.

Thanks - I was not sure of the patch number last night.  Could/should have spent more time to get more free xp for the Missouri.  Spent too much for it.... :(  But it is ok.

[TDG]
Members
1,127 posts
5,688 battles
1 minute ago, CylonRed said:

Thanks - I was not sure of the patch number last night.  Could/should have spent more time to get more free xp for the Missouri.  Spent too much for it.... :(  But it is ok.

I understand.

I think you will find that it is worth the cost.

For any still grinding for Might Mo, the last weekend of Feb has a bonus for each battle that will double the Free XP earned.  Since Free XP is calculated against Ship XP after any Ship XP bonuses, Free XP bonuses stack with Ship XP bonuses as a multiplier.  So during that last weekend, run as many Ship XP bonues and Free XP bonuses as you can for maximum returns.  During that last weekend with Free XP bonus, I ran Type 59 camo with all the Flags that buffed either Free or Ship XP.  I have a few rounds where I received a few thousand Free XP and I am a decidedly average player.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,109 posts
18,633 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

^

Extra ship availability for the holidays, now we're back to the regularly scheduled offering.

This. Reason could also have been that they had real good offers for all ships if you bought them with gold in the holiday season.

Members
3,412 posts
6,072 battles
4 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

I understand.

I think you will find that it is worth the cost.

Yea - initially I was not going to get it and was not going to worry about it as I ground up the lines I wanted to grind and used some FreeXP in the process.  Recently - welllllll I could use a cash machine as I got to the higher tiers and just buying upgrades was depleting my cash reserves.  The last 2 weeks or so I started doing the Narai Operation with lots of flags to get 5-7K Free XP per 5 star win.  Was still sitting at only 245K free xp but a crap load of xp on ships and 1.1 million on one captain (my only 19 pt captain).  My birthday is coming up.....  I didn't pay for premium this year.....

• Cool 1

[NOOOB]
Members
1,439 posts
12,064 battles

Now lowest tier for ship is Yubari at 4.  For DDs, only offerings start at tier 7.  BB also look like they start at tier 7.  Cruisers, the Yubari at 4, then jump to tier 6.  Not a lot of choices for “learning” in the premiums before jumping to higher tiers