Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Fletcher7_1944

Thanks for the heads up that our settings were reset with this patch, WG...

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

397
[WOLF9]
Members
3,133 posts

  Like the title says.

I was less than thrilled to discover that none of my controls worked the way I had them- AFTER I'd joined a match.

Why is this done, anyway?

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,581
[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles

maybe it because they added 2 new preset settings "Very low" and "Maximum"?

Quote

Two new game graphics options were added to Settings "Very Low" and "Maximum" -- these preset modes can be only set in the game manually.

The "Very low" preset disables most of the settings or sets them at the lowest level, which improves the game performance -- "Maximum" preset enables most of the functions and maximizes the picture saturation, but consumes the most video adapter resources

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
841 posts
4,880 battles

Even more annoying is that you can't bind the same consumable to the same key across all ships (because they place them in different slots and the keys are bound to the slots not the consumable). I wish there was an option to bind a key to a consumable, not a slot. For example, I want to use [R] for Repair (that's easy because it's always in slot 1), but I want [E] to be used for those ships that have Speed Boost (for my DDs) or Radar (for my CAs) - can't because the game puts these in different slots depending on the ship and tier. Same with [T] - I'd like to keep [T] reserved for heals only, any ship that has a heal - can't do that because the game puts heal in different slots depending on the ship and tier.

So if I go from playing my Gearing to playing my Des Moines, I end up wasting consumables because the same consumables are mapped to different keys. Can't count how many times I've gone to use Defensive Fire in a ship only to end up popping Radar instead. Or Try to use a Heal and instead pop Defensive Fire.

Please let us bind the consumable to a key (not a slot to a key).

Muscle Memory takes 3000-5000 repetitions to make a movement a reflex. Once you've played that many games using a specific key for a specific result, suddenly gaining a ship that maps that key to something else means a lot of wasted consumables. 

Edited by FleetAdmiral_Assassin
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[_-X-_]
[_-X-_]
Members
142 posts
5,747 battles
13 minutes ago, FleetAdmiral_Assassin said:

Even more annoying is that you can't bind the same consumable to the same key across all ships (because they place them in different slots and the keys are bound to the slots not the consumable). I wish there was an option to bind a key to a consumable, not a slot. For example, I want to use [R] for Repair (that's easy because it's always in slot 1), but I want [E] to be used for those ships that have Speed Boost (for my DDs) or Radar (for my CAs) - can't because the game puts these in different slots depending on the ship and tier. Same with [T] - I'd like to keep [T] reserved for heals only, any ship that has a heal - can't do that because the game puts heal in different slots depending on the ship and tier.

So if I go from playing my Gearing to playing my Des Moines, I end up wasting consumables because the same consumables are mapped to different keys. Can't count how many times I've gone to use Defensive Fire in a ship only to end up popping Radar instead. Or Try to use a Heal and instead pop Defensive Fire.

Please let us bind the consumable to a key (not a slot to a key).

Muscle Memory takes 3000-5000 repetitions to make a movement a reflex. Once you've played that many games using a specific key for a specific result, suddenly gaining a ship that maps that key to something else means a lot of wasted consumables. 

100% Agreement here.

I do the same with most of my keybinds.

I did make this suggestion in the PTS feedback section recently.

Hopefully, this will be considered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,757
Members
9,861 posts
32 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

maybe it because they added 2 new preset settings "Very low" and "Maximum"?

 

Graphics presets have little in common with bound keyboard controls.....so my guess would be no. :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
170
[OSG]
Beta Testers
1,345 posts
14,670 battles
54 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

  Like the title says.

I was less than thrilled to discover that none of my controls worked the way I had them- AFTER I'd joined a match.

Why is this done, anyway?

Agree 100%....I don't think it's too much to ask for just a small "heads up" in the patch notes so we don't go into battle with the controls not working "normally".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
841 posts
4,880 battles
34 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Graphics presets have little in common with bound keyboard controls.....so my guess would be no. :Smile_teethhappy:

The choices are recorded in the same .xml file. By adding new lines to the file, they are replacing your file with the new one (as opposed to running a compare diff and keeping your old settings in the new file).

Edited by FleetAdmiral_Assassin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,757
Members
9,861 posts
8 minutes ago, FleetAdmiral_Assassin said:

The choices are recorded in the same .xml file. By adding new lines to the file, they are replacing your file with the new one (as opposed to running a compare diff and keeping your old settings in the new file).

Well, that would be extraordinarily lazy on their part, but it does not appear they simply blew out the pref file.

Had they done that, all of our graphics settings would also be reset, and that does not appear to be the case.:cap_hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×