Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Warchild_4H

web page problems

13 comments in this topic

[DMH]
[DMH]
Members
5 posts
6,962 battles

is anyone is having a problem where they go to the news tab and every thing shows up and then disappears so you cant click on anything like Dasha video. oh yeah and the dasha video never show up to watch even when you go directly to it from the game launcher

Members
3,407 posts
6,067 battles

Game launcher loads the video fine and the link to the news works fine as well for me - so it is likely to be a local issue.  Try a different browser, update the browser, reboot the PC to see if the problem clears up for you.  Might also try deleting temp internet files

Edited by CylonRed

Beta Testers
578 posts
990 battles

I would do a few things to combat this problem.

1) go straight to www.worldofwarships.com for the Dasha videos and other news, fastest and most streamlined way for information to travel
2) just simply refresh your browser/clear cache, that always works for me when I am having connection issues with a particular reply.

Game launcher can be buggy as some of the features are in beta, so just give it some time and reboot the game.

Dilly Dilly!

Members
841 posts
4,880 battles

I'm having issues with the forums today. Prior to today I could stay logged in forever. So far today, it keeps logging me out every 5 minutes or so.

Members
3,407 posts
6,067 battles
1 minute ago, FleetAdmiral_Assassin said:

I'm having issues with the forums today. Prior to today I could stay logged in forever. So far today, it keeps logging me out every 5 minutes or so.

Had that in the past and it was Dashlane logging me in automatically and after a FF update it seemed to uncheck the Remember Me box.  Once I prevented the autologin and checked the Remember Me - all was good.

Members
62 posts
20,765 battles

I had the same problem of the main news page disappearing when in Internet Explorer. I could access all other of the tabs like forums and the premium store, but not the main news page. I switched browsers to Microsoft edge and Firefox and had no problem viewing the website. The problem for me seems to be with IE. 

Members
1 post
2 hours ago, swampwater77 said:

I had the same problem of the main news page disappearing when in Internet Explorer. I could access all other of the tabs like forums and the premium store, but not the main news page. I switched browsers to Microsoft edge and Firefox and had no problem viewing the website. The problem for me seems to be with IE. 

Same problem.  The NA webpage will not show news in Internet Explorer but can view in Edge.  However, I can view the EU news on their webpage in IE just fine.   It looks like the NA web page programming has a problem that prevents display of news. 

Members
3,407 posts
6,067 battles
14 minutes ago, gkstick said:

Same problem.  The NA webpage will not show news in Internet Explorer but can view in Edge.  However, I can view the EU news on their webpage in IE just fine.   It looks like the NA web page programming has a problem that prevents display of news. 

IE 10/11 sucks - the difference is that the NA site is likely using newer web tech than the EU site and IE 11 can't deal with it.  Deal with it at work as a QA tester - IE 11 ALWAYS gives us problems out of all of the browsers.  Even Safari is better....

[DMH]
[DMH]
Members
5 posts
6,962 battles

good to know that I'm not the only one who has had issues. I ended up watching the video on you tube. I did try the reboot and clearing my files so I'm going with the ie being buggy or them messing up or they hit a wrong button when updating there page or programing it. thank you all for your input.

Edited by Warchild_4H

Members
65 posts
750 battles

Yes, it appears IE is broken once again and won't show WOWS. I have to open Chrome to access WOWS web pages now. I've even gone through and cleaned cookies and caches from memory but it hasn't helped fix good old IE. 

Sign in to follow this