You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
abyssofthetriffid

Hows the roma doing lately? myself i cant face my $60 loss.

32 comments in this topic

[SPTR]
Members
3,479 posts
5,741 battles

1. Roma is good port decoration

2. Only tier 8 battleship that can tank tier X bb shells with confidence

3. Only tier 8 battleship besides Bismarck class to not burn easily

4. Very very stealthy

5. Only tier 8 battleship that looks at a tier X battleship's belt at any range and can say: "I think I can penetrate that"

6. PHAST TURRET TRAVERSE

wcBMjKj.jpg

• Cool 1

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
4 minutes ago, The_first_harbinger said:

1. Roma is good port decoration

2. Only tier 8 battleship that can tank tier X bb shells with confidence

3. Only tier 8 battleship besides Bismarck class to not burn easily

4. Very very stealthy

5. Only tier 8 battleship that looks at a tier X battleship's belt at any range and can say: "I think I can penetrate that"

6. PHAST TURRET TRAVERSE

wcBMjKj.jpg

Have you bought the roma as its not a gudbote but a garbage boat and tier 10s eat it any angle.

• Bad 2

[SPTR]
Members
3,479 posts
5,741 battles
5 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Have you bought the roma as its not a gudbote but a garbage boat and tier 10s eat it any angle.

My classmates, my clanmates, my friends have bought the Roma. I tried Roma on others' account. She can be very good.

I know, individual playstyle may vary, if you focus on killing cruisers Roma may not be a good choice.

But, 1. you know WG usually don't refund premium ships 2. tons of review of Roma, you should know what you are signing up for 3. the price tag is there

There really shouldn't be much complaining IMO. Roma is Roma, a tanky stealthy anti-BB tier 8 battleship, an expensive one too, no more and no less.

Edited by The_first_harbinger

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
3 minutes ago, The_first_harbinger said:

My classmates, my clanmates, my friends have bought the Roma. I tried Roma on others' account. She can be very good.

I know, individual playstyle may vary, if you focus on killing cruisers Roma may not be a good choice.

But, 1. you know WG usually don't refund premium ships 2. tons of review of Roma, you should know what you are signing up for 3. the price tag is there

There really shouldn't be much complaining IMO. Roma is Roma, a tanky stealthy anti-BB tier 8 battleship, an expensive one too, no more and no less.

You do not own the roma please go away your opinion is invalid.

• Bad 3

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles

as a proud owner of a Roma all I can tell you to do is LEARN TO PLAY IT if you put a little more brain power in to it you can get good results and I don't even have a ten point capitan yet. I have got hit by all nine of the yamato's shells and taken no damage on several occasions and have citideled battleships at 15  Km+ just because you can play it because it's not easy doesn't mean it is a bad ship

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,411 battles

I'm still learning it. I'll have a decent game in it and then get my crap blown away.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,238 posts
12,778 battles
1 minute ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Ok, how about this.

I do have Roma.

She's a great ship. Tricky to learn to play (which is probably why you haven't figured her out) but very strong in the right hands.

As for your queston, how she's been doing lately, she's pulling in a higher winrate and higher DPG than any other T8 battleship with more than a thousand games played.

xsbmqL8.jpg

• Cool 2

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Ok, how about this.

I do have Roma.

She's a great ship. Tricky to learn to play (which is probably why you haven't figured her out) but very strong in the right hands.

As for your queston, how she's been doing lately, she's pulling in a higher winrate and higher DPG than any other T8 battleship with more than a thousand games played.

xsbmqL8.jpg

Thats cool thanks might give her another try.

• Bad 1

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,327 posts
6,609 battles
9 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Well, technically speaking I did not buy the Roma. I had a friend gifting me one.

And yes, Roma is a good ship. If you can't make her work, maybe you can ask the Forums for advice, maybe we can help you improve your build or your playstyle?

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
Just now, SireneRacker said:

Well, technically speaking I did not buy the Roma. I had a friend gifting me one.

And yes, Roma is a good ship. If you can't make her work, maybe you can ask the Forums for advice, maybe we can help you improve your build or your playstyle?

Yup sounds good to me thanks.

• Bad 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
34 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

LoL If you disagree with OP please go away LOL

It is the Captain, not the ship!

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,157 posts
10,157 battles
42 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

I bought the Roma, strange can-mo and all, and I like it. 

And by the way, why are you still here? I thought you quit the forums several months ago? 

Edited by LancerUlysses

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
35 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

I had a friend gift me a Alabama, still trying to get used to her. I play more cruisers than BBs

[STORM]
Alpha Tester
1,018 posts
2,686 battles
58 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

A third of your ships are premiums, you don't have a tier X. And your stats are mediocre, ironically your max frags at 8 comes from the Roma at a respectable 5.. You can buy ships but not skill. You of anyone don't get to tell people who gets an opinion and who does not. 

Members
34 posts
6,957 battles

I originally did not enjoy the Roma, as others have stated, it takes a bit to grow on you. Understand the gun dispersion is a bit high and it has an insane penetration value; once you learn those you will find a BB that can do well at 15km and closer, has solid AA for it's self, and can do some good damage to t9 & t10 BBs. The two tricks are to learn to use the stealth & maneuverability and understand where to aim depending on how close you are to your target (as well as type of target). It is probably one of the few BBs I have no issue firing at spotted DDs at 10km out from; the shells are that fast that lead times are not a problem.

The Roma will not be for everyone, if you want to sit and bow tank, this may not be the best ship for you (though it can do it to a degree). If you like wandering around the map and firing at decent ranges, then enjoy the Roma.  :)

Members
1,056 posts
3,689 battles
31 minutes ago, 1An0maly1 said:

A third of your ships are premiums, you don't have a tier X. And your stats are mediocre, ironically your max frags at 8 comes from the Roma at a respectable 5.. You can buy ships but not skill. You of anyone don't get to tell people who gets an opinion and who does not. 

Look at your stats mr joker and go away with your invalid opinions lol.................

• Bad 1

[STORM]
Alpha Tester
1,018 posts
2,686 battles
11 minutes ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Look at your stats mr joker and go away with your invalid opinions lol.................

What about them? First off I'm not the one trying to play guardian of the thread here. Secondly, I have 6% higher win rate then you. The gap between us is wide enough to drive a Kurfurst through.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,622 battles

Currently the highest winrate of T8 BBs :Smile_facepalm:

... and then the Kii.

What is this game?

[XBRTC]
Members
148 posts
7,442 battles
2 hours ago, abyssofthetriffid said:

Dude, if stats are the gatekeeper of being able to have a valid opinion on this board, you should probably never post one ever again.

Members
17 posts
10,430 battles

Love my Roma! You just have to learn how to use her strengths and know what her weaknesses are. Big money maker. I go in with my Destroyer take the brunt of the battle, back out and heal. Then do it all over again. I know the $100.00 was steep in price but they let me play here for free for so long I thought I needed to contribute back to WarGaming.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,155 posts
14,555 battles

Doing fine, but today I've been on some absolutely potato teams.  The highlight today was killing a Tirpitz in a brawl while bow angling and bouncing Yamato shells, then turning to Yamato to plant AP into her bow citadel.  But the reds got 1000 pts before I could finish Yamato off in the knife fight.

I like mine, but I like all my Tier VIII Battleships.

B7Q30gb.jpg

Except for Monarch.

Also OP, the only BBs you own are Tier V October, Tier VIII Roma, and Tier V Caesar.  Not many BB games total.  Most importantly, prior to Roma, no BB experience above Tier V.  That is why you're struggling with Roma.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway