You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Erebthoron

7.1 hit the live server and there are already the first hints what 7.2 will bring (incl. night battles and Atago style premium camo look)

77 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,106 posts
18,622 battles

From the DevBlog and Sea Group

ST, Japanese ship camouflages

Most of the Japanese ships will now have a choice of secondary color for their permanent camouflages. To unlock this feature players will need to complete the "Yamamoto Isoroku" subcollections. Subcollections are tied to particular ship classes:

"Uniform" - Japanese destroyers
"Uniform Items" - Japanese cruisers
"Rewards" - Japanese battleships
"Ships" - Japanese carriers

W1db7v4.jpg

Vive La France Campaign

A 15-task campaign in 3 stages. The first 4 tasks of a stage each requires any ship (1 star per completion); French ship (2 stars per completion); high tier FRBB, or Aigle (3 stars per completion).

However, the goal of the 4 tasks are identical, in other word, it is possible to play high tier FRBB or Aigle and earn progression of 3 tasks at the same time. The reward of the final task of each stage is a permanent camouflage of Dunkerque, Richelieu, and Gascogne, respectively (Dunkerque's is the old one from 0.6.8 Dynamo).

Weather Effect Night

The veil of night sweeps through the battlefield. Ships get concealment bonus in night battle: -20% surface detectabiliy, -90% air detectability, -15 seconds concealment penalty when firing; but also +100% maximum dispersion, and the line of sight is capped at 12 km.

New Port

Twitch Port

Captain

Captain Steven Seagal became someone else.

Sources

https://sea-group.org/?p=3989&lang=en

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

Hope that air detectability goes both ways!

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,940 posts
6 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

So long creep!

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles

Umm where the post for night battles? I not seeing it on their fb page

[ARGSY]
5,106 posts
18,622 battles
1 minute ago, MajorRenegade said:

Umm where the post for night battles? I not seeing it on their fb page

sea group

[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles
Just now, IronMike11B4O said:

Captain Seagal becomes someone else?

I hope they change him into luke skywalker

Members
1,688 posts
7,230 battles

Wow, that is awesome!!!  Wish their design team knew better where to put the colors.  They did slap Atago colors on Zao, but they did not do it right.  Compare to my version:

ZSdJgz5.jpg

Their version:

W1db7v4.jpg

Members
1,688 posts
7,230 battles
12 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Captain

Was not a fan of voice.  Good going.  I am using him for Missouri, Alabama, Arizona, he was my first 19 pointer as well.  Are they going to replace the cook on Missouri with turtle ninja?

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
36 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

That's disappointing. Oh well. 

• Bad 1

Members
208 posts
2,684 battles
16 minutes ago, TTK_Aegis said:

That's disappointing. Oh well. 

I actually like having him as a captain... I hope this is an optional thing.

• Bad 1

[R-F]
Members
668 posts
6,159 battles

Night battles!  Should be interesting.  Really practically all the WW II battles that resembled anything like a WOWS battle (opposing fleets stumbling into each other at close range) happened at night.

Looking forward to the 4.6 km detection range on my Gearing.  But... ugh, radar is going to be even more of a win button.  Really hope they can balance it for night battles (spoiler: they won't.)

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

I'm new enough that I'm reading the French missions info but not understanding what I'm reading. Am I able to complete them in non French ships?  Do I have to select them somewhere? Do I have to deactivate my Science  missions? Do you earn a ship?  Sorry, as it's all confusing to me when I read 

[_ARP_]
3,737 posts
3,186 battles
1 hour ago, Erebthoron said:

From the DevBlog and Sea Group

ST, Japanese ship camouflages

Most of the Japanese ships will now have a choice of secondary color for their permanent camouflages. To unlock this feature players will need to complete the "Yamamoto Isoroku" subcollections. Subcollections are tied to particular ship classes:

"Uniform" - Japanese destroyers
"Uniform Items" - Japanese cruisers
"Rewards" - Japanese battleships
"Ships" - Japanese carriers

W1db7v4.jpg

Vive La France Campaign

A 15-task campaign in 3 stages. The first 4 tasks of a stage each requires any ship (1 star per completion); French ship (2 stars per completion); high tier FRBB, or Aigle (3 stars per completion).

However, the goal of the 4 tasks are identical, in other word, it is possible to play high tier FRBB or Aigle and earn progression of 3 tasks at the same time. The reward of the final task of each stage is a permanent camouflage of Dunkerque, Richelieu, and Gascogne, respectively (Dunkerque's is the old one from 0.6.8 Dynamo).

Weather Effect Night

The veil of night sweeps through the battlefield. Ships get concealment bonus in night battle: -20% surface detectabiliy, -90% air detectability, -15 seconds concealment penalty when firing; but also +100% maximum dispersion, and the line of sight is capped at 12 km.

New Port

Twitch Port

Captain

Sources

https://sea-group.org/?p=3989&lang=en

These new camo colours gets me going. I so want to see this on my Amagi or Shokaku or even my Mogami. I hated that Green colour EXCEPT for the BB Premium colours with the dark greens I loved those. 

~Hunter

[5IN]
Members
1,784 posts
8,105 battles

I used Seagal on my Alabama in Ranked.  After awhile, I didn't even notice his voice... though if he gets changed to a historical USN captain, I won't be disappointed.  

B

[SF-A]
Members
2,847 posts
5,547 battles

Whatever they do with Seagal,I just hope they keep the special abilities the same.

[FATE]
Members
18 posts
2,802 battles

I really hope that with the Seagal change also comes a way to earn this new Captain again. I missed out on earning Seagal. I also really like the look of the new camo for the IJN ships! 

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
477 posts
3,540 battles

So how will CVs work in night battles?  Should see massive penalties to bombing accuracy in line with dispersion nerfs.  What about TB?  Force torp drops to min range to arm?

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
54 minutes ago, biggie1447 said:

I actually like having him as a captain... I hope this is an optional thing.

Agreed. It's a weird little touch I thought was pretty amusing. I get that some people are personally offended by him for various things, but they do have the option to not use him. It would be nice if we could keep the option /to/ use him rather than conform to their being offended. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,023 posts
10,174 battles
1 hour ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Captain Seagal becomes someone else?

Yeah, they got a bargain on Harvey Weinstein's voice.

• Funny 1

[5BS]
Members
4,475 posts

Nice. Can we also get this for the RN and USN? And all the nations? Seriously I already know what two flags I want on most of my ships.